by Valy

that. looks. sweet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jonesy69

by jonesy69

Canyon CF with Carbon campagnolo centaur and Vuelta carbon pro wheels Ritchey cockpit

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tonto69

by tonto69

Alan.Cross wrote:Thanks. It's a sanded FSA SL-K crankset with a Quarq Cinco spider and Rotor chainrings.

I'm currently looking at changing my Aeroad chainset to an FSA one. Can i ask what spec you went for and what BB you used please?

markyboy

by markyboy

Updated ultimate al to sram red
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Alan.Cross

by Alan.Cross

tonto69 wrote:
Alan.Cross wrote:Thanks. It's a sanded FSA SL-K crankset with a Quarq Cinco spider and Rotor chainrings.

I'm currently looking at changing my Aeroad chainset to an FSA one. Can i ask what spec you went for and what BB you used please?

It's a FSA MegaExo BSA BB. The CF frame has no fancy BB standard.

Juggler

by Juggler

First you go up to Coll Dels Reis... and then you go down Sa Calobra... :)

Last edited by Juggler on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Always a slightly uneasy feeling on that descent knowing the pain that's to come!

Valy

by Valy

wow!

CaptainP

by CaptainP

I HATE you, Jonglør! :thumbup:

wangsanegara

by wangsanegara

Hi Canyon Lovers.

Anybody could explain why Team Kathusa, especially Rodriguez prefer the AeRoad CF compare to CF SLX? I though that base on built, the CF SLX is more suitable for climbing than the AeRoad?

Thanks.
Andreas W.

munk93

by munk93

I'm not sure, but I believe the reason to why the didn't use the old SLX, was that it was to stiff for the long races. And then something about better handling. But as said, I'm not sure at all. I've ridden the old SLX for one season, and it's a great bike. But at the moment I'm saving up for the Aeroad. Gilbert and Rodriquez are the reason for that. ;) And then there is a UCI weightlimit I have to pay attention to.

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

The SLX and Aeroad have different geos. The Aeroad being lower and longer, with a shorter wheelbase. The Aeroad also has a narrower headset/steerer tube diameter.

I have an AL which has the oversized tube like the SLX. It is very stiff. I can imagine the kind of hours pros ride the feedback coming up through the front of the bike could be fatiguing.

Steingarten

by Steingarten

Dear Canyon-heads.

Time for a rookie question: is it possible to test ride Canyons anywhere? I do know that their business model is based on cutting out the middle man. Nonetheless, I'm still not sure as to which one (Ultimate CF vs. Aeroad) to buy and in which size (2XL vs. 3XL). Putting 3 grand on the table feels like a risky deal without knowing exactly which one fits best.

munk93

by munk93

Well one thing is for sure. Don't trust their sizing guide 100 %. I've seen and heard a few people who got oversized bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dha

by dha

I was recommended a smaller bike on their sizing guide. In the end I compared the geo to a bike I already had and went with the closest I could get to that. If I had gone with the sizing guide (which is based only on inside leg I think) I would have ended up with a tiny bike