The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

markusz

by markusz

Hoffy wrote:So i ordered a Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2, estimated dispatch date was 23rd to the 28th of April. got an email this morning saying it has been sent, and by today it was already out of Germany on its way to Aus! I guess i have been lucky as i have heard some horror stories!

so we'll be expecting some new pics by the end of the week? :D need my fix for the day! :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cnyn

by cnyn

Still waiting for the right seatpost clamp. Then the saddle will be black (Selle Italia SLR).

Hmm somebody at Instagram told me about Selle San Marco. So I found this saddle:
https://www.bike24.de/p1199753.html
Anyone some experiences with this saddle (compared to Selle Italia SLR Kit Cabonio)? And how is the red color?

ric2012

by ric2012

Anybody who rides Canyon Endurace? May I know if your stock brake cables are Jagwire or Shimano? Mine is Jagwire, but I shipped back the bike due to a paint chip. Then the replacement bike has Shimano brake cables which are not as smooth as the Jagwire.

kruger

by kruger

ric2012 wrote:Anybody who rides Canyon Endurace? May I know if your stock brake cables are Jagwire or Shimano? Mine is Jagwire, but I shipped back the bike due to a paint chip. Then the replacement bike has Shimano brake cables which are not as smooth as the Jagwire.

Shimano on 2014. Endurace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uteboy

by uteboy

Seriously close to ordering an Ultimate SLX 8 Di2 in Medium. Either this or a SSE Hi-mod. My only concern with the Canyon is the amount of toe overlap, as the chain stay to WB ratio is quite high. Not saying it is, but the figures highlight a risk. For anyone who rides a medium and wears size Eu 46 shoes, is toe overlap such that it would a risk? I like to track-stand at lights, so obviously don't want to drop the new bike on the asphalt.
29er brigade

Redwing

by Redwing

ric2012 wrote:Anybody who rides Canyon Endurace? May I know if your stock brake cables are Jagwire or Shimano? Mine is Jagwire, but I shipped back the bike due to a paint chip. Then the replacement bike has Shimano brake cables which are not as smooth as the Jagwire.

Canyon Endurace CF SLX end 2016, Shimano cables

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

TPearson

by TPearson

Speaking of saddle clamps, does anybody have a spare Aeroad 7x9 seat clamp? Happy to pay cost price!

Bauchlebastart

by Bauchlebastart

uteboy wrote:Seriously close to ordering an Ultimate SLX 8 Di2 in Medium. Either this or a SSE Hi-mod. My only concern with the Canyon is the amount of toe overlap, as the chain stay to WB ratio is quite high. Not saying it is, but the figures highlight a risk. For anyone who rides a medium and wears size Eu 46 shoes, is toe overlap such that it would a risk? I like to track-stand at lights, so obviously don't want to drop the new bike on the asphalt.

I have an medium Endurace CFSLX (415mm stays, 991mm WB) and get toe overlap. It is the first bike I have had with overlap but hasn't proven to be much of an issue. Size 43 shoes BTW

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

Here's mine after training, finally cut the steerer :)

Oh and changed the fork rake from agile to stable, best thing ever.

junchen

by junchen

Is the default fork fake "stable" or "agile?"

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

junchen wrote:Is the default fork fake "stable" or "agile?"

Mine came in agile mode.

junchen

by junchen

Tks Mario. I ask cos I found my previous aeroad (2015) slightly twitchy but only realised there is 2 modes after I sold it.

The disc aeroad looks interesting.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

How do you change the fork rake (offset)? Are there two front axle positions or do you have a choice of forks when you buy it?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

Calnago wrote:How do you change the fork rake (offset)? Are there two front axle positions or do you have a choice of forks when you buy it?

You change a shim on the dropout like this:

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

junchen wrote:Tks Mario. I ask cos I found my previous aeroad (2015) slightly twitchy but only realised there is 2 modes after I sold it.

The disc aeroad looks interesting.

That's a shame! I'm a track sprinter and I can say that on agile this bike is as twitchy as my track bike, which I like but not on a road bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com