The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

ColnagoJohn

by ColnagoJohn

I really am getting fed up of waiting for my aeroad to arrive, i ordered the frame forks and handlebars back in october and now i receive an email today after i chased them up about it saying it will be another 6 weeks now.
I could have made a child in the time it has taken for them to deliver me a frame and fork. They didn't even think about telling me until i emailed them to find out what was happening. Its a shame the frame is so good otherwise i would be cancelling and getting something else but there isn't anything else that rivals it for the price

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

roelez

by roelez

Me too ,but i dont have to wait that longer my aeroad shipment is scheduled at week 21 but delayed until week 23 ... i hope no more waiting after next week .

And yes i have to email their cs to know whats goin on they didnt even give any notification

Timujin

by Timujin

I got told same, wk18, then a delay of 3 weeks, then second day an email saying frame is shipped!!

treetrees

by treetrees

How come the Movistar team on the giro are using DA9000 brakes with campag bikes well on one of there aeroad

Dodger747

by Dodger747

Campag don't make direct mount brakes IIRC...
VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
W/kg - 4.9

bigfloor

by bigfloor

Complete bikes are sold first, only leftovers end up as framesets. I ordered tge cheapest complete bike featuring the frameset I wanted (CF SL). Took 1,5 weeks to arrive Then stripped it down, sold all the parts (ended up with 50 euro more than the frameset would have cost). Then built it up with my own selection of parts (DA9000, Fulcrum R1 wheels etc).
Now I have the bike I wanted, customized to my needs, and fast !

Sent from my Tab3 using Tapatalk

sawyer

by sawyer

@delore - I'll post a pic in the next day or two. I've had the bike re-built with campag 15, and had the steerer cut down etc

It's actually still a touch too high for me with the stock 16.5mm headset cap, so am trying to get the 4.5mm version.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Molotov

by Molotov

ColnagoJohn wrote:I really am getting fed up of waiting for my aeroad to arrive, i ordered the frame forks and handlebars back in october and now i receive an email today after i chased them up about it saying it will be another 6 weeks now.
I could have made a child in the time it has taken for them to deliver me a frame and fork. They didn't even think about telling me until i emailed them to find out what was happening. Its a shame the frame is so good otherwise i would be cancelling and getting something else but there isn't anything else that rivals it for the price

Has anyone else had delivery issues with anything but frames ? VCLS 2.0 in particular ?

jo.k

by jo.k

Just to answer myself from a few pages back, Racewaredirect will make a new and improved Garmin mount for the H11 aerobars that clamps from both sides of the stem part. It is not currently in their shop, but design is apparently ready for production (I guess they would like to sell out their remaining stock of one-sided H11 mounts first ...).

Also, to follow up on my snapped Garmin mount, they will send me the new and updated mount for free, so good on them.

sawyer

by sawyer

Does anyone know if Canyon offer / have plans to offer the aerobar as a standalone component?
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

roelez

by roelez

Damn.. looks like my bikes will be delayed ... again..

marlonkruis

by marlonkruis

Same here [DISAPPOINTED FACE]

Miles253

by Miles253

Does anybody have a real world weight of Canyon's H28 handlebar? In a 42 preferably
Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Took a quick couple of snaps in bad lighting, so will take some daylight photos soon.

First setup:
Canyon Ultimate SL, sz. XS.
Sram Red/Force
Ritchey Superlogic stem/seatpost
FSA SL-K bars
Zipp 404

6,72kg

tbrix

by tbrix

That is absolutely stunning captainp. One of the best Canyons I've seen. I love that the stem angle exactly matches the angle of the sloping top tube.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com