Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

paradawt

by paradawt

Small bikes always look great :)

Nice Canyon.
Berria Belador 7

record freak

by record freak

Does anyone know if you can put a 30 mm tire on a Canyon Ultimate slx?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kkibbler

by kkibbler

This says no.

I just measured mine with some plastic calipers and...I strongly doubt it. Both the rear triangle and the fork can physically fit 30mm tires but it would be so close to the frame that any flex or jolt would cause it to rub.

Racing2

by Racing2

Anyone here knows what the 2015 Ultimate CF SLX frame will weight in size L? i'm just about to pull the trigger on one of these.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

i've run 28's on my slx.

Racing2

by Racing2

I'm 188, the distance from centre bracket to top of my saddle is +/- 78,5cm on my old bike, will an 320 seatpost be sufficent on my Canyon Ultimate CF SLX size L (58) frame? any simular sizes/experiences?

khm1972

by khm1972

Here is a shot of my new build - Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 2014 - 6.750 grams

More pictures and details here: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=1102850#p1102850

themarker

by themarker

Anyone willing to sell a Speedmax CF Small Size or Swap it with my medium size??

therouler

by therouler

Anyone have a Speedmax CF in Med they would like to part with?

Racing2

by Racing2

Crummy picture, but just had to take one for the record, my sub 6.8 Ultimate AL :-)

Racing2

by Racing2

X
Last edited by Racing2 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

bigfloor

by bigfloor

So what mods have you made to get sub 6.8 ?

Racing2 wrote:Image

Crummy picture, but just had to take one for the record, my sub 6.8 Ultimate AL :-)

Sent from my Tab3 using Tapatalk

Racing2

by Racing2

I have my stuff laying around for my CF SLX to get here in januari and since I had to build the AL up from the box anyway I thought:"Ah hell why not.." and see what I could squeeze out of it:

- Ax Lightness Ultra clinchers with Dura Ace 11-23 cassette.
- Lighther handlebar tape
- Ax Lightness Endurance saddle.
- Ax Lightness Daedalus seatpost.
- Speedplay Zero Titanium

This made it 6.75kg, even could have gone somewhat lighter than that (other: bottlecage, tyre, spacers cut, different top cover, chain etc. etc.) but having it breaking the 6.8 barrier was good enough.

This is how it looks right now:

Original saddle and seatpost, 3T wheels, Speedplay Zero stainless pedals, two bottlecages instead of one and it's now 7,9 kg. It will soon get an makeover with the Black saddle and carbon seatpost from the CF SLX and some fine tuning at the Canyon Service Centre along with it's SLX brother in januari as the stems will get slammed (spacers removed, Ritchey 4-Axis 44 17^ negative stems and the Across i top covers will get replaced by the special plane top covers for Ultimate) I'll end up with: one 'perfect bike' and one 'good enough bike' that have near simular geometry numbers, what more can you want :-)

I'm very happy with this, Im the past I always had the very first world 'problem' of having one 'Perfect bike' and having one 'very very good bike'... when the weather was bad it still always felt pretty bad when taking the 'very very good bike' out on the road. Now I have a solid bike for circuit racing and bad weather days and one very special bike for sunny training rides and trips to the Alps and Dolomites.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SMITHERS

by SMITHERS

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone have any real world experience with the Ultimate CF SLX vs. the Ultimate AL SLX?

How would you compare them? Is there a big difference between them other than cost & weight?

Thanks in advance...