The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Racer7

by Racer7

wentworth wrote:Hi All,

Any idea where I might be able to purchase these screws online for the plastic bits of the Aerocockpit? I've lost mine.

Ask canyon by mail or chat:
~NEVER GIVE UP~

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Could you make your saddle without the center cut-out? I have two but find my shorts getting snagged on the seat post bolts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reknop

by reknop

No pricing details yet on the Dura Ace 9100 Ultimate CF SLX- and Aeroad CF SLX models for 2017... Looking forward to that announcements.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

dunMisk

by dunMisk

I asked and they said, it would be this week/end of september. Im interested in some real pictures of the new cherry red color. It should be more towards the katusha color scheme i hope.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Vermu

by Vermu

reknop wrote:No pricing details yet on the Dura Ace 9100 Ultimate CF SLX- and Aeroad CF SLX models for 2017... Looking forward to that announcements.

Aeroad with mechanical is all ready there.
https://www.canyon.com/road/aeroad/2017/aeroad-cf-slx-9-0.html

DI versions should pop out in spring (problem in shimanos side)

Alfred1961

by Alfred1961

Racer7 wrote:I have rotor 3D+ in my aeroad... With rotor4130 ceramic bearings...

beautiful bike!
Size S?

Racer7

by Racer7

Alfred1961 wrote:
Racer7 wrote:I have rotor 3D+ in my aeroad... With rotor4130 ceramic bearings...

beautiful bike!
Size S?

Thanks! It is XS
~NEVER GIVE UP~

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Some new 2017 Ultimate SLX builds are on the website now. DA9100/Di2 and Etap among them.

Vermu

by Vermu

Dang. Just got myself ult cf slx 9.0 sl with red and r-sys. About the same price I would get now same bike with etap and ksyrium pro exalith wts.

Hmm...I reckon I could still swap the bike, but would it be really worth it?

phlip

by phlip

A completely different experience in shifting for marginally lesser wheels? With Canyon you have thirty days to return a bike regardless of having used it I believe.

And you do not have to feel bad about returning it either. Canyon sell their customer returned bicycles for a couple of Euros less via their "outlet". I cannot understand why people buy these used bicycles for a saving of less then a few percent, but apparently they happily do.

lovemyway

by lovemyway

The eTap version looks pretty good, too bad it's not available in this blue color. I mean just look at these pictures..

Another interesting thing is the new DA DI2 version, it got slightly more expensive but the wheels have changed too, the version is going to feature MAVIC COSMIC PRO CARBON SL C wheels instead of Ksyriums.

Personally I want to see what will the Canyon bring when the disc brake versions arrive.

icenutter

by icenutter

phlip wrote:And you do not have to feel bad about returning it either. Canyon sell their customer returned bicycles for a couple of Euros less via their "outlet". I cannot understand why people buy these used bicycles for a saving of less then a few percent, but apparently they happily do.

I suppose the logic is that after you've ridden any brand new bike it's used, so you only get that new feeling for a few rides. So why not? It totally makes sense to me for Mountain Bikes, kind of for road.

Vermu

by Vermu

Well tbh I'm not exactly most eager to swap. I had 9070 and I really disliked the shifting feel - lack of it.
I've been using shimano for last 8 years and first time on SRAM. Haven't fully recovered my crash but I really do like the mechanical feel on red22.

To my understanding ETAP has more "mechanical" feeling on shifters, but have to almost try before making decission.

phlip

by phlip

icenutter wrote:
phlip wrote:And you do not have to feel bad about returning it either. Canyon sell their customer returned bicycles for a couple of Euros less via their "outlet". I cannot understand why people buy these used bicycles for a saving of less then a few percent, but apparently they happily do.

I suppose the logic is that after you've ridden any brand new bike it's used, so you only get that new feeling for a few rides. So why not? It totally makes sense to me for Mountain Bikes, kind of for road.

I too would happily buy a used bike from Canyons outlet. But only if it were reduced more than a few percent. Perhaps ten percent off for a bike "with slight signs of wear", and at least twenty-five percent off for a bike "with significant signs of wear". Perhaps if people would stop buying them with such tiny reductions, Canyon would offer higher discounts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kkibbler

by kkibbler

For many buyers the outlet is probably more about availability and not having to wait than discounts tbh.

Update on my order: After some back and forth emails I've added an additional cockpit to my order in the size that I want. They didn't entertain my idea of returning the stock cockpit for a refund but perhaps I'll suggest it again. Worst case I put it on my current XS-SL frame and see if it fits my wife, then build it up for her if it does. I'm just "glad" the 2017 models doesn't include some spectacular color job that I'd miss out on. They're still mostly boring blacks and greys but the blue one is outstanding.