The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

robikka

by robikka

could someone of you guys who have the latest model of canyon ultimate cf slx post a picture of your rear wheel between the chainstays? for example like this one, thanks
Attachments
3.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vermu

by Vermu

Like this?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

robikka

by robikka

Yes thats fine, thanks

burnout

by burnout

Hi everybody,

My first post on this awesome thread!

Question for you´ll : anyone experience with replacing internal gear cables on a Canyon Ultimate CF SL ?

Was it difficult ? Took a long time and struggle ? Anyone has a video/tutorial specific for it ? Couldn't find one for my bike.

Cheers

outnumbered

by outnumbered

burnout wrote:Hi everybody,

Question for you´ll : anyone experience with replacing internal gear cables on a Canyon Ultimate CF SL ?

Was it difficult ? Took a long time and struggle ? Anyone has a video/tutorial specific for it ? Couldn't find one for my bike.

Cheers

I have done it and it's easy.

bigfloor

by bigfloor

robikka wrote:Yes thats fine, thanks

burnout wrote:Hi everybody,

Cheers

Yep, easy here also

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

philipjohnd

by philipjohnd

kkibbler wrote:Just built up an Ultimate CF SLX 2016 frameset. Some questions...

1) The rear brake cable ports, both entry and exit, in the top tube could not accept any end-caps over the end of the cable housing. In my case since I used Jagwire Link cables I could only fit a 4mm link into the port instead of the normal 5mm end cap. Is this normal?

Hi kibbler, did you find a solution to this? I have the same issue and am just running the cable housing into the recess - which isn't ideal and is clicky.

Thanks.

Ajstephe

by Ajstephe

Just got the Ultimate CF SLX 2017 frameset recently and have built it up with existing groupset and wheels off my BMC Teammachine SLR02 2015 (now spare).

All in with pedals and attachments, cages etc weighs in at 6.89kgs. Looks the dogs dangles IMO. Was toying with the idea of a Trek Madone 9 or a Colnago C60 but ended up going with Canyon.

Pretty happy with it at the moment although toying with Sram etap and selling the Campy to partially fund it. Figured maybe I should spend some money now whilst I can before I get married and have to start hiding more bike and bike related purchases

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
H36 Cockpit
Full Campagnolo Record mechanical groupset
Fizik Antares VS saddle
Canyon seat post
Shimano Ultegra 5800 spd sl pedals
Campagnolo Bora One 35 clinchers with 25mm GP4000
Attachments
IMG_7638.jpg
IMG_7639.jpg
IMG_7640.jpg
IMG_7604.jpg

vinuneuro

by vinuneuro

I saw an Ultimate CF SLX few months back. Looked fantastic which got me interested in Canyon and the Endurace. Are the proprietary stems available in different angles? because in pics they all appear to be the same.
2016 Diverge Expert

guyc

by guyc

No. They're all the same angle. Just different lengths.

Ajstephe

by Ajstephe

vinuneuro wrote:I saw an Ultimate CF SLX few months back. Looked fantastic which got me interested in Canyon and the Endurace. Are the proprietary stems available in different angles? because in pics they all appear to be the same.

Nice and stiff yet comfortable. Took it out for a shakedown today. Was a bit worried having bought it off the internet but had the fit dialled in and the ride was fantastic.

You can get different stem and width combinations. It's a bit of a pain if you want to swap the cockpit because you have to send the old one (unused) back to Canyon and they'll send you out a different one. Luckily mine was a perfect fit. It would be so much better if Canyon had some trial centres where you could test ride the bikes. AFAIK Canyon only do the odd day out at events in the UK with their bikes to try.

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

My new Caynon commuter 7.0 , not a weight weenie at all being 11.6 kgs

I do not think there is another one in the US

Ajstephe

by Ajstephe

Very nice. Had a look at those but think I might save up for a full suspension Canyon next

Vermu

by Vermu

I've been drooling those for a quite a while. Though cant justify 3rd commuter (should sell the other)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Westbank

by Westbank

vinuneuro wrote:I saw an Ultimate CF SLX few months back. Looked fantastic which got me interested in Canyon and the Endurace. Are the proprietary stems available in different angles? because in pics they all appear to be the same.

If you have to change the angle, it's probably not the right geometry for you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com