The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

itguy

by itguy

Thanks for the input Roel W that made quite a bit of sense. Probably just change a carbon bar and that call it a day :mrgreen:

Roel W wrote:I do not understand: you have a very decent bike and you're searching for weight savings in some details.
Bikes are like Maslows piramid: on the bottom you've got quality, above comfort and on the top weight.
You're bike is at the comfort level: it looks nice, has very good components and is also comfortable and I understand those needs are satisfied and you would like to enter the weight level but don't forget: at 7.30kg your bike is far from a boat anchor, it is already quite light
As mentioned above: if you want big weight savings you should consider a Dura Ace groupset (or even a new frame) but thats a huge investment and then you should ask yourself why you didn't have bought a Dura Ace bike from the first time.

Carbon handlebars: very expensive and unreliable after a crash: even most pro riders prefer alloy bars over carbon.
Skewers: you can do some weight savings but why replacing top notch Campagnolo skewers?
Tires: tires are very important for the comfort and behaviour of your bike: I would prefer the comfort parameter over the weight parameter
Cages: plastic cages (glass fiber reinforced plastic) are already light and reliable Not much weight gains.
Bartape: not much weight savings to do.

I would leave the bike as it is and enjoy it as much as possible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

If you get a carbon pair of bars, be sure it's a shape that fits and you like. I see so much people in the past buying Schmolke bars and say WTF is that shape.
Last edited by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arnoudrace

by arnoudrace

My Ultimate cf sl custom build:
DA 9000
Rotor 3d+ with 4130 bb
Praxisworks Chainrings
3t ergonova ltd stealth carbon drop bar
Ritchey wcs 4-axis stem 120
Canyon vcls 2.0 seatpost
Look keo carbon
Prologo nago evo cpc carbon
Reynolds Assault with DT 240's

Will post some better fotos
Last edited by arnoudrace on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:12 am, edited 5 times in total.

skywalker

by skywalker

I'm after a Katusha colour Aeroad. It looks like I have to buy a whole bike, as this colour is not available as frame set only? Can anyone confirm that this is correct??

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Just pulled the trigger on this

arnoudrace

by arnoudrace

Might be the winning colours tomorrow in LBL.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

New cable guides finally! 3 to be exact, 1 is on the bike. For the same time and effort, might as well get some spares.

Newly setup with Jagwire link cables. Rainy trainer day.

bfno

by bfno

Anyone have any insight as to whether the EPS Junction will fit in the Aeroad CF SLX's handlebar hole? From what I've read the EPS junction is of smaller dimensions so theoretically it should, although the Movistar seem to like mounting them on the Rear brake... If no one knows I will probably take my bars down to the LBS when my frame arrives next month!
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

arnoudrace

by arnoudrace

[quote="kkibbler"]New cable guides finally! 3 to be exact, 1 is on the bike. For the same time and effort, might as well get some spares.

Do these guides wear fast?

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

Love those Movistar colour Canyons, one of the best team replicas going around.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

arnoudrace wrote:
kkibbler wrote:New cable guides finally! 3 to be exact, 1 is on the bike. For the same time and effort, might as well get some spares.

Do these guides wear fast?

They shouln't. I think I yanked too hard on the cable when I set things up the last time and deformed it a bit. It's only plastic after all.

roelez

by roelez

Hey guys .. im decided to ordering XS Aeroad slx 7.0, anyway is it worthed to add another 1000$ to get the di2 version ,reynolds strike wheels and the aerocockpit ?

I might use my previous 404fc so i dont really need those wheels , are all aeroad is di2 compatible or they have made it specific for mechanical and electric .

And for the cockpit i really fall in love with their aerocockpit but they didnt offer 100mm with 43 width so i might passed this sweet cockpit :(

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

arnoudrace

by arnoudrace

Great raceready machine!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ez117

by ez117

So insanely jealous. IMO Canyon has one of the best paint schemes, they all look so pretty. And cheap!! Wish it was easier to get in the states....