The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Slagter

by Slagter

CaptainP wrote:Quick snap from after todays ride. New Deda Newton Shallow bars and wheels (for winter use) Chris King R45 on the new(ish) DT Swiss R460 - brilliant wheels!

https://instagram.com/p/9OctZfHOS5/?tak ... trickpaten

How do you like the R460 rims? And is it a 24/28 spokeconfig, you are running?

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Slagter wrote:

Much nicer than the Open Pro's i used to have with 32h. Feels just as stiff as the 32h Open Pro, but as you know, i'm a smaller guy and a spinner, so don't know if that applies to all.
I went from 32h Open Pro with Novatec to 24/28 R45 to R460, so can't say if it's the hubs/mind/etc or what, but they definently feels a lot better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Quarker

by Quarker

Any good ideas on how the shave some weight of the Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 SL.

Only thing I have done so far is put on Shimano Dura Ace pedals

andylav

by andylav

Love that full stealth frame.

xena
Banned

by xena

I just don't like the new headtube and the stem/bar attachment area. Is it possible to add your cockpit and get rid of the big spacer?
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

fishcan

by fishcan

Quarker wrote:Any good ideas on how the shave some weight of the Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 SL.

Only thing I have done so far is put on Shimano Dura Ace pedals

Depends on how much you want to spend, here are others I could think of

- Full carbon saddle
- Carbon tubular wheelsets
- Half wrap bar tape (free)
- eecycleworks driect mount brakes
- Lighter crankset : RED/Rotor/.....or THM
- Ceramic bottom bracket
- Jagwire link cable housing

Ivanhoo

by Ivanhoo

Hi,

Recently received my Canyon CF SL 9.0.
It's a size XL, full Ultegra, Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels.
Just adjusted the position of my handlebar :wink:

Few updates planned over time, but this bike will never be a full weight weenie, because it's size XL and not an ultralight frameset.
- Farsports carbon clinchers or tubulars
- Tune Wasserträger 2.0 or Arundel Mandible bottle cages
- MCFK SUB-5 seat post clamp
- KMC X11 SL chain
- KCNC ti skewers
- Smud carbon saddle

Spreadsheet with weights

Any other, not too expensive upgrade suggestions?

Goal: 6800-6900 gram

Roel W

by Roel W

First upgrade I would do is getting rid of the Mavic wheels and tires. Not for the weight gain but for the comfort and ride quality.

Nice bike!!
Your handlebar is pointing downwards. I would chage that too.

Ivanhoo

by Ivanhoo

Roel,

Thanks!
Already adjusted the handlebar.. From 15 degrees to 5 degrees downwards.

Bought some Continental GP4000S II tires and fitted those after my first ride ;)

Much better grip and braking performance. And those Mavic tires are very bad in wet conditions.

dondomingo

by dondomingo

So, i just canceled my order for the 2016 Ultimate SLX. Ordered the bike late august when it was released. The product is very good - the costumer service is shit. Sorry to say. I knew there was going to be some waiting, but not 6 months. I'm going for the 2016 Allez with Etap instead. Still have my 2015 Inflite and i love it. Still a Canyon-fan, but I cannot recomend them due to their awful costumer service.

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Ordered 2016 ultimate mid November with delivery date online showing mid December, then changed to January, then February and now showing may. Contacted them to find out what is happening, they say it will be delivere mid February. Sticking with them for now as the overall package price totally under cuts any other brand for spec.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

I really don't understand this complaint. If Canyon haven't shipped the bike yet, then they probably haven't charged your credit card yet. And if they haven't swiped your card yet, then technically you're not a customer yet. So you can't really complain about bad customer service if you're not yet a customer: A long waiting list is not bad customer service. If you can't wait, spend your money elsewhere. Pretty simple.

Would you say Rob English and Calfee have bad customer service? Their waiting lists are even longer.

robikka

by robikka

I ordered my 2016 Ultimate in August and still dont have the bike so there is no reason to be upset, my delivery date is this week so will see, so I have just received UPS tracking info so bike is on its way

dondomingo

by dondomingo

@kkibber - When I ordered the bike it said delivery week 46 - 2015. Before i canceled it was week 5 - 2016. I paid the bike in week 44 because I choose to pay upfront. I wrote to Canyon minutes before transferring the money, asking if the bike would be delivered as planned and I was told they didn't expect otherwise - so I transferred the money. Week 46 came, and no bike. I wrote to them again, and now they could not say anything about delivery.
My biggest frustration with the costumer service is that they can't tell you anything. The "live chat" is worthless. I sold my other Ultimate in week 45, expecting my new Ultimate to arrive the week after.

@robikka - I'm happy for you! Sure is a nice bike you are getting there...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ill principe

by ill principe

What is the widest tire that fit in a "gen 2" Ultimate CF SLX (2012-2015)? I am running 25mm Vittoria and Conti tubulars, would a 27 or 28 be possible (vittoria or schwalbe)?

Edit: On 404 FC and Vision TC24 rims, and tubulars.
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (build in progress) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...