The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

phlip

by phlip

Could it be ME = mechanical, EL = electronic?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cdtreiber

by cdtreiber

Yes!

Gesendet von meinem GT-P5110 mit Tapatalk 2

phlip

by phlip

Tinea Pedis, do you plan to buy the Ultimate AL SLX frameset? I think it is rather overpriced for what it is.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Just looking ;)

I'll be living in Europe for 3 months and you can't get Canyon's in Australia any more.

Elrey

by Elrey

Henke! Where's your new Canyon at in this tread?

Juggler

by Juggler

Here it is...

Will swap to Enve SES 3.4 as soon as the new cassette body arrives... new pics when the steerer is cut :)

2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Made some changes to the old Canyon...

Got Tillquist to machine out a Garmin mount to fit the larger Syntace bolts. Thanks Tillquist!!! Got it to work with M6 x 30 narrow head ti bolts.

tim12345

by tim12345

Looking at Canyon frames sizes and on the brink of an SLX – nothing seems to want to match up with what I have (or what I believe is a 56cm)

I always measured centre of BB to centre of where seat tube meets top tube (current bike 56cm)

Current top tube centre to centre is 57cm – my Centre of BB to top of sadde is 79cm

So from what I believe I should be looking at a Canyon size medium (M 56) – but then it says seat tube is 537mm. Which I 'believe' puts me on a 54cm bike? – Then I look at Large (58cm) which puts the seat tube at 563mm. Which sounds about right if you look at measurements.

Why do Canyon say a M 56 is a 537cm seat tube?

Anyone post any pics of a medium pls and let me know centre of bb to top of saddle height? - thanks massively.

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

@Juggler: Looks very good, despite the saddle height. But maybe its just the perspective

Juggler

by Juggler

@Spaetzle: The seatpost has been lowered 3-4 cm. The pics were taken before I had ridden the bike. Need to lower the stem as well - will have a bikefit within the next 14 days.
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

derek

by derek

Is it possible to run 28mm tyres on Ultimate CF SLX?

GT56

by GT56

tim12345 wrote:Looking at Canyon frames sizes and on the brink of an SLX – nothing seems to want to match up with what I have (or what I believe is a 56cm)

I always measured centre of BB to centre of where seat tube meets top tube (current bike 56cm)

Current top tube centre to centre is 57cm – my Centre of BB to top of sadde is 79cm

So from what I believe I should be looking at a Canyon size medium (M 56) – but then it says seat tube is 537mm. Which I 'believe' puts me on a 54cm bike? – Then I look at Large (58cm) which puts the seat tube at 563mm. Which sounds about right if you look at measurements.

Anyone post any pics of a medium pls and let me know centre of bb to top of saddle height? - thanks massively.

look at 'stack' (H in the Canyon Geo Table) this is closest to traditional frame sizing (centre of bb to top of seat tube), meaning a M 56 Canyon with a stack height of 560 mm matches with a 56 traditional :) which seems OK for a 79 mm saddle height

phlip

by phlip

Stolichnaya: Austrian national colours? Hehe. Looks great!

Thanh

by Thanh

GT56 wrote:
tim12345 wrote:Looking at Canyon frames sizes and on the brink of an SLX – nothing seems to want to match up with what I have (or what I believe is a 56cm)

look at 'stack' (H in the Canyon Geo Table) this is closest to traditional frame sizing (centre of bb to top of seat tube), meaning a M 56 Canyon with a stack height of 560 mm matches with a 56 traditional :) which seems OK for a 79 mm saddle height

+1, stack is all you need to know when you need a new frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com