My Colango EPS!! (First Colnago)-updated pics page4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I agree!
What I was referring to is, that "chocy" is only 1 cm smaller than me, yet his bike (sadlle height and other proportions) looks like he is 160 cm tall.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chocy

by chocy

Majlknajt, hahaha that is funny. I think you must have very long legs and arms!!

Look at Mrfish who rides 55cm, his dimension is only slightly larger than mine, I am only 1cm shorter in both stem and cc to seat height. I must have really big head or, short legs and arms.... Nonetheless my center of gravity would be much more forward due to my gargantuan head?? hehe
------------------------------------------------
My Colnago EPS http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=83064&start=45

chocy

by chocy

Interesting update! Based on all of your comments about your measurement, I told myself what the heck, I raised my seat to 72-3cm range and also raised my handle bar 1cm too. Guess what, I feel much more comfortable and I have more power!!. I could feel 2-3 MPH more speed along same stretch of the road!! that's 10% increase in power folks! anyways I think there is still some fine tuning to do but I suppose this will make many of you feel better about my frame size... one thing to note here is $200 I spent on specialized BG fit was totally useless!! To be continued..
My Colnago EPS http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=83064&start=45

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Great!
Then you might get yourself a Deda Superzero seatpost?? ;)
My friend has got it, 31,6 mm. If it is any help, from the bottom of the rails to the underside od the decal is 11 cm... ;)

Bike fitting can never beat what body feels it is comfortable for itself.

Edit: sorry, I forgot you changed to 3T. then you might get yourself a 3T seatpost. But Colnago looks also good. Deep black :thumbup:

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Let's see some pics Chocy!!

chocy

by chocy

Today I did a century group ride in this set up. The extra power is clearly felt and my leg felt fresher at the end of the ride...
Sorry I didn't have time this weekend to take a better picture

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Great to read that!

I would remove the red line on the stem...

mrfish

by mrfish

chocy wrote:Interesting update! Based on all of your comments about your measurement, I told myself what the heck, I raised my seat to 72-3cm range and also raised my handle bar 1cm too. Guess what, I feel much more comfortable and I have more power!!. I could feel 2-3 MPH more speed along same stretch of the road!! that's 10% increase in power folks! anyways I think there is still some fine tuning to do but I suppose this will make many of you feel better about my frame size...

Well that's a great result - keep tuning the position and see what it's like for a while, as one ride gives a feeling but isn't descisive. As you get the position tuned in, try moving the saddle smaller amounts, say 2-3mm at a time and see how you feel. Personally I look for a saddle height which allows me to pedal smoothly from 70rpm to 115rpm or so, without sore feelings at the front or back of my knees and flat/ slightly pointing toes at the bottom of the pedal stroke. For setback I choose this so I can ride in the drops then take both hands off the bars (no bouncing up) and then hold my torso still or sit up without falling forwards. Then you choose a stem to put the bars where your hands are so that you can do 2x20 minutes in the drops without discomfort.

If holding the position in the drops is difficult, do the setback exercise (into drops, hands off bars, sit up slowly) 4-5x on each ride. This will activate your back and core muscles at the start of each ride, so they get used a bit more during the rest of the ride to help improve your stability. Off the bike, try the various plank floor exercises (put hands and feet on floor, then lift 1 hand or 1 hand and 1 foot, do in various positions so it's moderately difficult). Once these are easy try riding out of the saddle with one hand on the bars. Do the on-bike exercises gently at first as you can lose control if you get carried away.

chocy

by chocy

OK now I have been riding this for almost 4 months. I am pretty much locked into this now..

I hope you guys are ok now with my frame size LOL

Franklin

by Franklin

chocy wrote:I hope you guys are ok now with my frame size LOL

Don't sweat it too much. You have to ride it, not them. The mini-frame fad is just contemporary tastes forced upon us by the pro's using Compact frames. Most pro's in the eighties would be using quite similar setups.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Bike looks great...
But why not less spacers and a -6deg stem rather than spacer stack and a -10? Would fit the same and look way closer to slammed (which always looks better....)

fa63

by fa63

That is a -17 deg stem on there. I agree with the post above, it looks like you could get rid of quite a bit of spacers by going to a -6 deg stem which would make the bike look a lot better IMO (not that it looks bad as is).

nspace

by nspace

I actually don't mind the small spacer stack and -17 degree stem. It continues the lines of the TT and saddle which look most excellent. Of course, weight wise, loosing the spacer stack is optimal, but visually I don't mind it at all.

bearman

by bearman

Lovely bike, could I ask what your wheels are like?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice setup. I like the -17 the way it is. It's a look I originally went for on my C59, but the steeper headtube angle (greater than 73 degrees) on the larger frames actually has a -17 stem pointing slightly down. Ultimately I needed to be a bit higher than the -17 would allow without resorting to a ridiculous amount of spacers, so I went with a -6 in the end. But on your frame, the -17 stem looks really good I think. And nice photos. Always a treat to see a nice bike photographed well. I might consider removing the red stripe on the stem (super easy to do), but looks good just like it is. :thumbup:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ