HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:52 am
Posts: 4
Location: Sola, Norway
I just got my M10 yesterday. And theframeset (including derailleur hanger and bottom headset bearing) weighed in at 950g in size 54s. Not too bad.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:32 pm
Posts: 336
Quote:
I just got my M10 yesterday. And theframeset (including derailleur hanger and bottom headset bearing) weighed in at 950g in size 54s


What? :shock: My 50s in matte was 1045g...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:16 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:50 pm
Posts: 41
Wow... More pics pleaaaaaaase :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:22 pm
Posts: 780
Location: Brooklyn
Torinb sweet bike. Where do you live. Looks like Scandinavia?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:52 am
Posts: 4
Location: Sola, Norway
Thats right CBJ, I live just outside Stavanger in Norway. I was very surprised of the weight of the frame, as I have never seen any recorded under 1000g.

The bike is not finished in the pictures. I have still to cut the fork, install a Record seatpost and some new Look Blade ti pedals.

I previously owned a De Rosa King 3 in about the same colour scheme. Sadly the integrated seatpost cracked in a crash on that one. I still think the De Rosa looks best. I will get the De Rosa repaired, and use that as a traning bike instead of the Colnago Strada pictured below.

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 137
Just an update as to the frame I bought to big. When I ordered the frame I was on the fence as to getting a 50 or 52. Went with 52 as the headtube was suppose to be 161 and I felt it would be perfect fit with no spacers which I think looks better (to each there own). When it arrived the headtube was 170 out side to outside. The last week I e-mailed several forum members with M10's asking them to measure there headtube. One 50sl replied @145, one @151, One 52sl @161 (which is what I expected on mine). I e-mailed Mike @ Maestro and told him my dillema . He said he would forward to his disributer. Next day he said all Colnagos are measured without the cups. His distributer had measured 11 52's and all were 161 yet he did say he had personally pushed the cups out of a 45sl and it was 6mm long and that these bikes are not all made in the same factory in Taiwan but several different factories and that is why there are differences. I told him I didn't care where they are made.....the specifications should all be exactly the same. The distributer said mine had to be 161 as they are made in molds , and to send in seriral number. I sent in serial number and a picture of headtube @ exactly 170mm out to out. My only responce has now been the cups make up 5.6 mm. so add that to the 161 and you'd have 166.6 and I don't think you held the tape straight and I think you misread it . NO further reply's to e-mails sent to Mike. I sugest to possible Colnago owners to double check before buying. I think they are made in different factories and some molds are different, I also would think that they have to use a different mold for a DI2 frame and this mold could be wrong. At this point I'm as pissed @ Mike for how he has not responded to my questions as I am to the problem. I asked him if I was to reorded (as i have a possible buyer @ a $500. loss) what size headtube could he gaurentee in a 50 or 52, no reply. I am probly going to go ahead and build up the frame the next few days and ride it even though It's a cent. to tall at the headtube and toptube. Maybe look for a -17 stem. I was really looking forward and excited to building up a new frame but this has become a major Pain in the Ass and my opinoin of Mike and Colnago quality control has been diminished to rubish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 5:27 pm
Posts: 595
Sorry to hear of your hassle - it certainly underlines why buying big ticket items from internet 'stores' is fraught.

_________________
Don't be alarmed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:19 pm
Posts: 1958
Location: On Pave
maestro are not an on line sales outlet really :roll:
they are not even an windwave appointed colnago dealer in the uk
mike has a very good relationship with the dutch distributor and buys most of his bikes off him
quite frankly if you would have paid the full retail from an appointed dealer in whatever country
im sure there response would have been different to maestro :lol:
and the moral of this episode
buy off appointed dealers :thumbup:

_________________
i like people... i just can't stand assholes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 5:27 pm
Posts: 595
Well, I recently saw a Colnago sold by Maestro internationally that was such poor quality I'm happy to say it was a second.

It also had an "M - Level" decal, I tracked to this guy http://www.m-level.be/mlevel.htm , further convincing me it was either:

a - a fake frame painted as a new Colnago, or
b - a repaired or reject / qc'd frame that was painted after being sold back door.

The paint was shit too - wrong font on the 'o' and runs / overspray all over.

If a deal is too good to be true, it is.

Front derailleur shifting was impeded as there was a 'non-standard' carbon gusset at the chainstay / bb junction and the hole driller for the cable to pass through was in the wrong place, meaning the cable dragged over the edges.

Pretty disgraceful conduct by someone purporting to run a business.

_________________
Don't be alarmed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:19 pm
Posts: 1958
Location: On Pave
Yeah
Paul at Slane says that all of the frames that are sold through Maestro and usually unpainted when they reach the distributor, and painted to each customers requirements hence the poor finish, the lacquers are no where near as good. :smartass:

_________________
i like people... i just can't stand assholes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:04 am
Posts: 378
musket wrote:
Well, I recently saw a Colnago sold by Maestro internationally that was such poor quality I'm happy to say it was a second.

It also had an "M - Level" decal, I tracked to this guy http://www.m-level.be/mlevel.htm , further convincing me it was either:

a - a fake frame painted as a new Colnago, or
b - a repaired or reject / qc'd frame that was painted after being sold back door.

The paint was shit too - wrong font on the 'o' and runs / overspray all over.

If a deal is too good to be true, it is.

Front derailleur shifting was impeded as there was a 'non-standard' carbon gusset at the chainstay / bb junction and the hole driller for the cable to pass through was in the wrong place, meaning the cable dragged over the edges.

Pretty disgraceful conduct by someone purporting to run a business.


Roobay wrote:
Yeah
Paul at Slane says that all of the frames that are sold through Maestro and usually unpainted when they reach the distributor, and painted to each customers requirements hence the poor finish, the lacquers are no where near as good. :smartass:


Lads you're making statements based on second hand information and unsubstantiated claims. Mike Perry might consider that to be libel. So might a court...

_________________
Colnago M10 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=91208&hilit=colnago+m10+maob
Simplon Pavo III viewtopic.php?f=10&t=116069"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:19 pm
Posts: 1958
Location: On Pave
freedom of speech on the internet prevails still :wink:

_________________
i like people... i just can't stand assholes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 5:27 pm
Posts: 595
liam7020 wrote:
musket wrote:
Well, I recently saw a Colnago sold by Maestro internationally that was such poor quality I'm happy to say it was a second.

It also had an "M - Level" decal, I tracked to this guy http://www.m-level.be/mlevel.htm , further convincing me it was either:

a - a fake frame painted as a new Colnago, or
b - a repaired or reject / qc'd frame that was painted after being sold back door.

The paint was shit too - wrong font on the 'o' and runs / overspray all over.

If a deal is too good to be true, it is.

Front derailleur shifting was impeded as there was a 'non-standard' carbon gusset at the chainstay / bb junction and the hole driller for the cable to pass through was in the wrong place, meaning the cable dragged over the edges.

Pretty disgraceful conduct by someone purporting to run a business.


Roobay wrote:
Yeah
Paul at Slane says that all of the frames that are sold through Maestro and usually unpainted when they reach the distributor, and painted to each customers requirements hence the poor finish, the lacquers are no where near as good. :smartass:


Lads you're making statements based on second hand information and unsubstantiated claims. Mike Perry might consider that to be libel. So might a court...


If he'd like to try and enforce that, I'd love to talk about it. My conclusions are based on reasonable, first hand facts, and expressed clearly as my opinion, not a statement of fact.

If you want to research what libel is, and still think there's a problem, PM me.

_________________
Don't be alarmed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 137
Mike @ Maestro has not responded to my last several e-mails asking him specifically what he could guarentee in headtube lenght. I do think it is unacceptable and @ this point in the season ( 1/2 over) would wait and take a 50sl if he could guarentee the size and exchange frame. Kinda stuck when he won't correspond back. Would love to hear his response if he was on the forum. Has any one else meaured there frames, exspecially di2 frames and thought they were off, please let me know if you have, 50 or 52.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:33 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Colnago M10
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 137
The reason I bought from Maestro originally was his price and just as much there is Not a Colnago dealer within 100 miles. At the time , last november I called several and no-one even had a M10 to look at anyway. Would be more than happy to exchange it with another dealer plus cash for a tall 50sl just to be done with the matter but I cannot resonabaly excpect another dealer to do that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], nismosr, nutty, rbrtwyn and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago C60 with EPS.

in Road

oakleaf

2

1549

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:58 am

rosuch View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago C59

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

cwoolee

1

487

Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:36 pm

NilesCrane View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. New Colnago V1R

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3 ]

in Cycle Chat

Ozrider

41

5258

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:05 am

TedStriker View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago V1-r

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

kmenon610

25

3476

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:51 am

dogg View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. The end of an era for Colnago :(

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

ianSWBB

27

7246

Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:20 am

barsook77 View the latest post


It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB