Colnago M10

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

liam7020

by liam7020

ironman1 wrote:Not to highjack this thread but figured best place to ask. How long did it take to recieve your M10's after placing order ?
I ordered an M10 di2 specific from Maestro 11/23/11 with expected delivery of 8 to 12 weeks and now 5 month's later no frame and race season is hear. Just curious if I'm getting the run around or delivery times are that far behind.

Thanks

Don't want to disappoint you but I ordered my M10 (non DI2) from Maestro on 21/9/10 and still no show. I'm in no immediate rush but I would certainly like the frame by middle of June. Have all the other bits ready to bolt on so I'm getting twitchy! Must give Mike a ring. Let me know how you get on with your delivery Ironman. Thanks.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Blackwidow

by Blackwidow

vinc wrote:
ironman1 wrote:Not to highjack this thread but figured best place to ask. How long did it take to recieve your M10's after placing order ?
I ordered an M10 di2 specific from Maestro 11/23/11 with expected delivery of 8 to 12 weeks and now 5 month's later no frame and race season is hear. Just curious if I'm getting the run around or delivery times are that far behind.

Thanks

Mine came about 5 weeks later then expected. I also ordered in the end of november an the frameset arrived early march... but it was worth waiting for :beerchug:

Dudes, apologies in advance for this mini-hijack, but I am also waiting on an order from Mike from December (a MEAN C59 that will make its way here in time...). In Mike's defence, he has absolutely no control over delivery times (which he's quite open about), and I guess that's a pretty small price we pay in return for BY FAR the best prices on Colnagos anywhere on the planet. Plus he's a really cool old timer with some great stories if you have the time or patience to listen :)
"24/7 Im always in spandex, cut through the wind, cos Im aero-dy-na-mic"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

Blackwidow wrote:
vinc wrote:

Thanks

Mine came about 5 weeks later then expected. I also ordered in the end of november an the frameset arrived early march... but it was worth waiting for :beerchug:

Dudes, apologies in advance for this mini-hijack, but I am also waiting on an order from Mike from December (a MEAN C59 that will make its way here in time...). In Mike's defence, he has absolutely no control over delivery times (which he's quite open about), and I guess that's a pretty small price we pay in return for BY FAR the best prices on Colnagos anywhere on the planet. Plus he's a really cool old timer with some great stories if you have the time or patience to listen :)

Agree completely. I've been dealing with Mike for nearly 15 years now and no complaints. Best customer service and prices on Colnago bar none.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

ruffrider

by ruffrider

liam7020 wrote:

Thanks

Don't want to disappoint you but I ordered my M10 (non DI2) from Maestro on 21/9/10 and still no show. I'm in no immediate rush but I would certainly like the frame by middle of June. Have all the other bits ready to bolt on so I'm getting twitchy! Must give Mike a ring. Let me know how you get on with your delivery Ironman. Thanks.

I ordered my M10 from Mike in early Oct last year (non DI2) and it arrived this week. Probably depends a bit on size and colour too as to how long they take. Dont think Mike ever quotes lead times (as he has no control over them), but delivery times have been very slow from what he told me. And yes cant beat his prices especially as it includes the seatpost which most charge extra for, plus he has great prices on Campag too (no I'm not part of his family, just a satisfied customer). Hope yours arrive soon!

liam7020

by liam7020

ruffrider wrote:
liam7020 wrote:

Thanks

I ordered my M10 from Mike in early Oct last year (non DI2) and it arrived this week. Probably depends a bit on size and colour too as to how long they take. Dont think Mike ever quotes lead times (as he has no control over them), but delivery times have been very slow from what he told me. And yes cant beat his prices especially as it includes the seatpost which most charge extra for, plus he has great prices on Campag too (no I'm not part of his family, just a satisfied customer). Hope yours arrive soon!

Just had an email from Mike to say that my frame should arrive this week which is perfect timing! This will be the 6th Colnago frame I've bought from Mike over the years and I've never been disappointed. These days when most sellers talk about customer service they really mean lip service. With Mike Perry you get the real deal. The man's an institution!

liam7020

by liam7020

My frame's arrived and looking VERY impressive! Pics to follow. HOWEVER the supplied Colnago headset, top cap and expander are pretty heavy. Particularly the 3" long expander which alone weighs 46g!! What are other M10 owners using. I think I read somewhere that Colnago recommends the use of this extra long expander to stiffen the already beefy fork column but surely there must be an equally suitable, lighter alternative?

ronderman

by ronderman

FYI - I ordered a EPS from Mike in November 2010 and am still waiting myself - though I guess I will get the EPQ. This is getting very frustrating. :x

grid256

by grid256

Re liam7020, yes indeed the fork and headset assembly is awfully heavy. I'm using a Tune gum-gum expander on my M10 and it works beautifully. The expander will have no effect on the front end stiffness.

yongkun

by yongkun

who is this mike guy? care to share his contact?

ironman1

by ironman1

I will say Mike from Maestro has by far the best prices and he answers his e-mails immediatly but am wondering about his delivery. I ordered my frame 11/23/10 with expected delivery in 8 to 12 weeks. For Mike it took 5 1/2 months to get . I don't know if all dealers have to wait this long or not but seems like some get theirs much sooner ( I know size and color make a diference but mine was matte black) . Mike e-mailed me on 4/29 that my frame was in, same time as Liam's , after waiting 2 weeks I called him friday and he said he was to busy to pick them up and only 6 frames had come in, he needed 20 to make the trip worthwhile anyway. I explained that this is the busiest part of race season and every week I was missing races. He agreeded to have them mail it to him from Belgium and will turn it straight around to me hopefully this Tuesday. Wondering now how Liam got his already and if Mike is at the bottom of the wait list in regards to other Colnago dealers.

StefanR

by StefanR

ronderman wrote:FYI - I ordered a EPS from Mike in November 2010 and am still waiting myself - though I guess I will get the EPQ. This is getting very frustrating. :x

if I order a EPS I want a EPS and not a EPQ.
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

Richtw

by Richtw

My understanding is that Mike is related to the Benelux distributor by way of a son or daughter marriage. He gets the frames from Benelux and then brings them over. I understand that because of this route he is kind of at the end of the pecking order.

Personally I would always go to Sigma Sport as they have done me proud this year with a custom painted C59 and it only took 14 weeks to arrive from point of order! Yes I paid a little more but I am not missing races etc for having no frame :)

You pays your money and all that ......

vinc

by vinc

liam7020 wrote:My frame's arrived and looking VERY impressive! Pics to follow. HOWEVER the supplied Colnago headset, top cap and expander are pretty heavy. Particularly the 3" long expander which alone weighs 46g!! What are other M10 owners using. I think I read somewhere that Colnago recommends the use of this extra long expander to stiffen the already beefy fork column but surely there must be an equally suitable, lighter alternative?

Can't wait for your pics :thumbup:
What color did you get? And about the expander, I just used the Colnago-one and no complaints...

Roobay

by Roobay

quite interesting regarding Mike from Maestro :unbelievable:
if you speak to Colnago dealers in the Uk they all say the same about how MM get there frames
Ernesto Colnago in the early days was so indebted to the Benelux distributor he allowed him to get
unpainted frames from the factory, thus allowing them to be painted in what ever colour required
by the customer, giving them a much quicker lead in time to certain frames.
Well MM get there frames from the same guy and tend to have to wait a little longer than most, but the price saving apparently is worth the wait :noidea:
Personally i dont think i would wait that long for a frame that has paint job by another outside party other than Colnago :|
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

The bare frame set up is all finished now. Personally I can wait if waiting an extra 2-3 months means gaining a free 7900 groupset which is pretty much what the saving works out to.