Colnago M10

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ruffrider

by ruffrider

Think you'll find the UK Importer is spewing that Mike can still get Colnago frames and sell them for his great prices, which is great news for us who can wait!! I waited about 6 months all up.

Here is my recently arrived M10....with Campag Record and Shamals.
Only thing I dont like are the lawyers tabs on the forks (but everyone has them these days)

Its a 54Sloping (58 traditional) and on the scales is 7.3kg

Colnago M10 Record, Shamals
Colnago M10 Record, Shamals

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

ruffrider wrote:Think you'll find the UK Importer is spewing that Mike can still get Colnago frames and sell them for his great prices, which is great news for us who can wait!! I waited about 6 months all up.

Here is my recently arrived M10....with Campag Record and Shamals.
Only thing I dont like are the lawyers tabs on the forks (but everyone has them these days)

Its a 54Sloping (58 traditional) and on the scales is 7.3kg

IMG_2288.jpg

Nice bike - good health to enjoy! When the dropouts are aluminium, as is the case with the M10, I usually just file the lawyer tabs flush. It's pretty much thing the first thing I did when I received my frame.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

liam7020

by liam7020

vinc wrote:
liam7020 wrote:My frame's arrived and looking VERY impressive! Pics to follow. HOWEVER the supplied Colnago headset, top cap and expander are pretty heavy. Particularly the 3" long expander which alone weighs 46g!! What are other M10 owners using. I think I read somewhere that Colnago recommends the use of this extra long expander to stiffen the already beefy fork column but surely there must be an equally suitable, lighter alternative?

Can't wait for your pics :thumbup:
What color did you get? And about the expander, I just used the Colnago-one and no complaints...

Just a couple of quick snaps. Probably be about another 4 weeks before I get the "bits" for a full build. It's a 52s MAOB. Frame weighs 1115g, the fork 440g uncut and the seatpost 219g uncut. Full build photos to follow.

Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Lafolie

by Lafolie

I presently have a Colnago M10 on test ride. I will be publishing a full write up in a few weeks on Colnago Con Brio :-)

vinc

by vinc

Lafolie wrote:I presently have a Colnago M10 on test ride. I will be publishing a full write up in a few weeks on Colnago Con Brio :-)

Let me help you a little bit. I'm riding one for about a month now and I find it incredible: it just goes so fast and it rides so easy :thumbup:

grid256

by grid256

I'll second that! Kills the CX-1 I rode last season.

ruffrider

by ruffrider

grid256 wrote:I'll second that! Kills the CX-1 I rode last season.

How do you compare the twitchiness of the front end for a CX-1 with the M10.
I had heard the CX-1 was quite twitchy?

Have found the M10 a little twitchy on the front end but not excessive. Makes a great crit bike.
Acceleration is great too. You put the power down and away you go. Very happy so far.
I also love the way the frame soaks up road vibration in comparison to my old steel colnago.

grid256

by grid256

I actually didn't find my cx1 twitchy. It was a bit jumpy and somewhat unbalanced. The M10 is very quick and rock solid and like you mention, wonderful at soaking up the road. How it can be so stiff yet so comfy, I don't know but I'll take it.

ironman1

by ironman1

My M10 should arrive in mail today with buildup tonight. I have heard they were very stable , not twitchy. I'm assuming they have the same relaxed head angle as most other Colnagos making them high speed stable. Sold my extreme-c for the m10 with the hope of it being as stable or more at 40+ descents. Hope I'm not disappointed.

ironman1

by ironman1

Got frame yesterday, looks beatiful and head and downtubes are much bigger than the pictures show. Sad and embarrassed to say but after waiting 6 months, the frame is to large. Any one interested in a great deal P.M me

ruffrider

by ruffrider

noooooooo!! you must be so disappointed....how did you get a frame too large? I assume this isnt your first bike or did you forget to allow for the sloping difference?

what size and colour did you get?

vinc

by vinc

OMG, that's too bad really.

But I'm still interested in some pics...

grid256

by grid256

I'm working on getting some decent photos but felt like I should post rather than talk about my M10 any more. She's a hair over 14 pounds as pictured. Build thread to follow.

vinc

by vinc

:thumbup: a nice "stealthy" one

majklnajt

by majklnajt

McColnago - I`m lovin` it!!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com