2011 Scott Addict R1 (matte carbon)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

racerjrp

by racerjrp

Nice!

I just recieved my R1 frameset this week! Have been waiting since October.. the matte finish is great and the finish quality looks great. Can't wait to start building it up, it should be done in a week or two. Going Sram Red with my Quarq crankset, EC90 cockpit, and ultegra OP's for most rides and Reynolds Assualt T's for race day.

DamoRider

by DamoRider

Ii have a Damo as well and am thinking of getting an older version of the Addict based on some threads here. I was going to just keep the Damo and replace the crank but have found some good deals on 2009 Addict which I think will make a good project bike.

Has anyone weighed a medium 2009 Scott Addict SL without the integrated bottom bracket?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Great minds think a like racerjrp.

DamoRider, I'll let you know how it compares once I get a chance to ride it.

Few photos of the shop (Veloro in Redwood City, CA) while I waited for the finishing touches.

13.9lbs/6.3kg, ready to race.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

fa63

by fa63

Looks great :thumbup: Very good weight, too.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Thanks, I'm very pleased so far.

Did a quick 28 mile ride this morning. Have some adjustments to do to my fit, but the bike handles great. Did a little climbing and descending and it seems to corner very well. First impression is that it's stiffer and a little harsher then my Ridley. Didn't find it uncomfortable though.

Last edited by jmilliron on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StefanR

by StefanR

cool! SRAM looks good on the frame.

how long is the stem, looks short? stem looks "thin" needs to train a little to get some muscles.

you need a more "agressive" looking saddle ;) Tune Concorde, SLR, Flite, saddle looks "slow" ;) well, but it has to fit.
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Actually, I'm not 100% happy with the saddle. It's light (155g) and super comfortable while in the hoods, but I'm having some minor problems with it when I'm in the drops for long periods of time. It's putting some pressure on the backs of my legs when I get low. Gets annoying in a 45 minute crit.

I've got an SLR, will toss that on there and see how I like it.

I'm getting rid of all the steer tube spacers and running the stem on top of the HS. That's a Thomson X2 stem. What do you think would look better? A 3T to match the bars (which I love) and a 3T seat post?

Also would like to get some black brakes that are lighter. Was thinking KCNC C7s.

flying

by flying

Congrats super clean machine!

As for black brakes.....Not the lightest but if braking performance & feel is more important to you
Mavic SSC...I went the single pivot light weight brakes route once....Been on Mavic ever since no regrets
YMMV :wink:

StefanR

by StefanR

jmilliron, something bigger, maybe even this one http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/gear-news/ ... /3854.html

something that follows the "lines" of the frame and head tube, more "fluid", now the stem looks a little "not belonging" to the frame.
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Then the seatpost should also be changed.... with some offset ;)

zachary

by zachary

I switched from a Thomson X2 to the 3T ARX Pro stem to lose some spacers (10* to 6*) and I love it:

jmilliron

by jmilliron

What's the deal with the lack of stripe down the side of the stem? I like the way that looks!

Got fit on the bike earlier today. Moved the seat up 5mm and dropped the stem 10mm. Stem is on the HS now. Quick 22 mile ride. Feels very comfortable.

Ordered a 3T Dorico LTD post (25mm setback) and, just for fun, a 3T ARX Pro stem. Went with 17*, vs the 10* Thomson. Curious to see how low I can comfortably get.

Not feeling the Pro stem. Maybe this Zipp one would work if you could take that ugly Z logo off the side.

fa63

by fa63

jmilliron wrote:Ordered a 3T Dorico LTD post (25mm setback) and, just for fun, a 3T ARX Pro stem. Went with 17*, vs the 10* Thomson. Curious to see how low I can comfortably get.

That is a pretty big jump to go from a seatpost with 0 setback to one with 25 mm setback... You might now need a shorter stem than what you had, but I guess you will find out soon given the order is in now (assuming you ordered same length). Good luck.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Saddle position won't change. Just the location where the the post clamps the rails. Right now it's all the way forward. Doesn't look good and is technically out of the recommended area.