My rides. Cannondale Slice Hi Mod and Cervelo S3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mattharrop

by mattharrop

My two babies. Any comments or upgrade ideas appreciated :D

2009 Cervelo S3, 56cm

- Shimano Dura Ace 7801 carbon tubulars (front and rear)
- SRAM Force groupset
- Fizik Arione
- Elite D'Moro carbon cages
- Garmin Edge 500
- Rotor chain catcher
- Ti skewers (unbranded)

2009 Cannondale Slice Hi Mod, 56cm

- SRAM Rival front and rear derailleurs in matte black
- SRAM S500 shifters
- Vision TT base bar and extensions
- SRAM Quarq powermeter
- Fizik Arione
- Elite fibreglass bottle cage
- Ti skewers (unbranded)
- Shimano Dura Ace 7801 carbon tubular (front) and Renn 575 clincher disc (rear)
Attachments
Cervelo S3 (apologies for small chainring)
Cervelo S3 (apologies for small chainring)
Slice Hi Mod
Slice Hi Mod

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

Both bikes look nice. The Cervelo would look much nicer if you trimmed up the cables.

Kasparz

by Kasparz

I think UCI wouldn't be happy about that saddle placement, me neither. Nice bikes, but it hurts seeing really good, proper racing bikes with silly things like spacer stack, saddle too forward or nose down or stems with erection. Just 2 cents, don't take it personally, but that saddle makes me a sad man.

luke

by luke

Kasparz wrote:I think UCI wouldn't be happy about that saddle placement, me neither. Nice bikes, but it hurts seeing really good, proper racing bikes with silly things like spacer stack, saddle too forward or nose down or stems with erection. Just 2 cents, don't take it personally, but that saddle makes me a sad man.

the stack isn't too bad because judging by the saddle heights this person is not a short person. but i do agree with you especially on the forward saddle position on the TT bike.

STARNUT

by STARNUT

:lol:

I love how everyone is a fit expert on the interwebs. There is nothing wrong with is saddle position.... the asshats at the UCI would have out lawed the wheel had it been invented after the bicycle. There are no little to no UCI races in the US so why worry about it.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

mattharrop

by mattharrop

Kasparz wrote:I think UCI wouldn't be happy about that saddle placement, me neither. Nice bikes, but it hurts seeing really good, proper racing bikes with silly things like spacer stack, saddle too forward or nose down or stems with erection. Just 2 cents, don't take it personally, but that saddle makes me a sad man.

Fortunate, then, that I'm a triathlete and unconcerned by UCI regulations.

I have long legs and I am tall (6'1), so that saddle is in the right place for me. I could probably go a bit lower at the front end - this is a work in progress:
http://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/ ... 0&match=29

mattharrop

by mattharrop

Contemplated upgrades/alterations:

Cervelo S3 - as well as shortening cables (they are a pain, disappointed my LBS didn't deal properly with these) change to black Fizik bar tape, add white brake hoods (Hudz)?

Cannondale Slice - add relatively subtle Shimano PRO disc decal set to the plain disc?

Thoughts?
Attachments
ShimanoProDisc.png

crohnsy

by crohnsy

mattharrop wrote:Contemplated upgrades/alterations:

Cervelo S3 - as well as shortening cables (they are a pain, disappointed my LBS didn't deal properly with these) change to black Fizik bar tape, add white brake hoods (Hudz)?

Cannondale Slice - add relatively subtle Shimano PRO disc decal set to the plain disc?

Thoughts?

White hoods are sweet but you have to keep them clean..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com