Cervelo R3 2011 - Finished build (page 2)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jaeyson77

by jaeyson77

Is this a 54cm frame. I just picked up one here in the US. I would like to know the weight of the Rotor crankset? My bike came with rival and seems a bit heavy?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

em3

by em3

Smithmi81 wrote:Finished weight should be around 6.5kg.

Nice ride....my guess is that with the slightly heavy Mavic wheels and the Rotor cranks, you will be closer to 6.9 Kg. But I am sure the ride will be great.
EM3

BreakfastClub

by BreakfastClub

bwindsurfin wrote:I would trade out that Sram Red Front derailleur, unless they fixed the shifting issues everyone is having. I run force or even rival before red on the front D.

what issues did the Sram Red front derailleur have?

Spanielsson

by Spanielsson

A very fine looking bike already! It will be interesting to see it finished.

I have two of the previous R3's, a 2008 in white & a 2010 in black, red & white. They are possibly the best all round bikes I've used. Seeing yours is making me think about a new one already!

Smithmi81

by Smithmi81

Just a little update, I am still waiting on the Rotor crank and chainrings to build the bike but I have purchased a few extra goodies for the bike while waiting for the last two months.

New brakes (Ciamillo Negative G - NERD Limited edition), I decided to upgrade the planet X CNC to these mainly because I like the look, they are slightly heavier but I'm sure they will perform a lot better. An Extralite fork expander as the one with the bike was a bonded in type and quite heavy. I've also treated myself to a Giro Ionos as the helmet I had was quite old and looking a little out of date.

Extralite expander 7g

Ciamillo Negative G NERD

New Helmet vs Old

jaeyson77 - The frame is a 54.

Smithmi81

by Smithmi81

Finally received the Rotor 3D+ crank with Q-rings, although I had to opt for the separate crank and chainring option as the predicted delivery date for the Cervelo branded chainset was looking like middle of April. Luckily I only paid about an extra £80 for buying the crank/Q-rings separately as my local bike shop did me a really good deal, it actually worked out in my favour as I could choose 50/36 chainrings over the supplied 50/34 with the Cervelo branded chainset.

I'm hoping to build the bike this weekend (if all goes well) - full pictures to follow (using the DSLR rather than the current poor Iphone ones)

3D+ Chainset 621g

Some pictures of the bike 'dry' assembled to give me an idea of the finished look....

Smithmi81

by Smithmi81

I have finally had the bike built, I have only been out for a quick shakedown ride so far just to make sure everything is all working correctly. So far the bike feels amazing - it seems so much smoother than my other bike (planet x sl pro carbon with tiagra/105) it just rolls so smoothly!

Some small changes as well I have a new saddle Selle Italia SLR Carbonio (129g) Veloflex Corsa tyres and Latex inner tubes (this combination has taken the wheels and tyre weight to 2050g just over 150g saving from the set-up on the wheels.

I'm also waiting for my titanium spindles to turn up for the speedplay pedals.

em3

by em3

Nice looking ride. Just curious, what is the actual width of the Veloflex tires?
EM3

Smithmi81

by Smithmi81

They are 22mm thanks for the comment!

Home:Ballyhoura

by Home:Ballyhoura

Sweet bike! What is the weight of it?

Kevin3182

by Kevin3182

very nice indeed! :thumbup: how are you liking the garmin?

Anders

by Anders

Just a few questions to the Rotor crankset. Is the large chanring a normal round one, as I don't see the extra bolt holes to tune the position of it? I see the small one has them.

About the scale shot, is that without bearings and spacers?

TerribleCadence

by TerribleCadence

Spacer stack!! IMO black hoods would look better, but hey its not my bike!

Nicely colour matched :thumbup:
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.

double2wd

by double2wd

hello! nice cervelo!!
is the weight of the frame 926 gr.
with seatpost collar,bottlecage screw and rd hanger??
medium 54?
many thanx

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com