1994 Basso Viper (steel frame @ 6.7kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BryanJ

by BryanJ

Always fancied a steel framed bike so thought I'd try to build up a lightweight yet practical bike that can be used daily to add to the family. Couple of pictures below and are happy to take more if anyone is interested.
This is my first attempt at a lightweight build and would welcome your thoughts and opinions please as I believe I've caught the bug and there's a carbon WW build under construction.
Attachments
IMG_0285.jpeg
IMG_0287.jpeg
IMG_0286.jpeg
IMG_0268.jpeg

erik$

by erik$

Nice build! What is the frame weight?
I saw a very similar frame at a local paint shop the other day. Looks really nice! Where are you located?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BryanJ

by BryanJ

erik$ wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:54 am
Nice build! What is the frame weight?
I saw a very similar frame at a local paint shop the other day. Looks really nice! Where are you located?
The frame came in at 1750g and the 1" Columbus fork after being cut and painted at 298g.
I'm not sure how it compares with other steel frames but as you can see I've a thing for Basso's and it was at a price I couldn't refuse.

erik$

by erik$

Not bad at all!
Yes I did get the Basso vibe - they are cool looking bikes! The previous gen Diamante SV was in my crosshairs for a while but eventually I went in another direction. Their hq is in my neighborhood so maybe I end up on one some day.