Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:43 pm 

Here is my 2011 Colnago Master X-Light PR82 in size 51cm. This was my dream bike for a long time after I saw user cmh's on weight weenies years ago. I knew I had to have one so I began scouring eBay looking for one close to my size. It took about a year and a half but I finally found a NOS 2011 model that was never built up and still in the original box, plus it was at a great price. I have built this bike up in kind of a resto-mod style with what I think is a nice mix of chrome, carbon, and polished components and am very happy with how it turned out. The total weight is 8.05 kg. It could easily be lighter but I am content with the current weight and setup. I do not have weights of individual components unfortunately as I was so excited to get it built up I immediately started hanging parts on as they arrived. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see more pictures.

Frame: Colnago Master X-Light 51cm
Fork: Colnago Precisa
Wheelset: Campagnolo Shamal Ultra Clincher
Tires: Veloflex Master 25
Tubes: Vittoria Latex
Group: 2015 Campagnolo Record
Handlebar: Ritchey Classic 40cm
Stem: Ritchey Classic 110mm
Seatpost: Ritchey Classic
Saddle: Berk Lupina Padded
Bottle Cages: Elite Ciussi Inox
Headset: Campagnolo Record 1" Threadless
Garmin Mount: K-Edge
Chain Catcher: K-Edge
Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Handlebar Tape: Fizik Super light

My ideal size is a 52cm because of the slightly taller head tube, unfortunately one never popped up in that size during my long search. Please forgive the small spacer tower haha. As you can tell by the pictures it does not get ridden as often as it should, so my New Years resolution is to put some miles on this bike.

Eventually I will debandge the Ritchey components with acetone. I wish Deda would release light, good looking polished components as this build definitely deserves Italian components. And yes I know the front brake cable is slightly to short haha.

I know these cranks are a point of controversy on lugged steel frames and that most of you guys prefer the 5 arm Campagnolo cranks. I may eventually switch to the old style cranks, however right now I am pretty happy with how it looks and performs.

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:43 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:00 pm 

Beautiful frame. I would de-logo the post and stem. As far as the group goes, yeah, Not crazy about the cranks but if you like them, so what? What bothers me more is the black brakes against the chrome forks, but I guess there are limited choices there. I run Delta's but I fully get that they're not for everyone (although if set up right they do actually work).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:18 pm 

I would definitely put deltas on this thing if I had it built up with an older Campagnolo group. The black brakes don't bother me at all since the bike has a lot of black touches to it. I did try white handlebar tape and a white saddle and it looked terrible in my opinion because the bike has so much black everywhere else that it really clashed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:19 am 

What I would replace is the Ritchey parts. Other than that it looks nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:53 pm 

That's the plan if 3T or Deda ever come out with polished components that look half decent and don't weigh a ton. I know I could strip off the anodizing on stuff they currently offer and polish them up but that would be a lot of work just to keep it all Italian. Maybe one day Deda will figure out that a lot of people are building these type bikes and are looking for high end polished components.