Hi there everyone! The last 5-6 mounts I've been planning, buying parts, and building my first XC-oriented bike (only ridden free ride oriented styles till now), and I have to say I'm quite pleased with the result. As per now, the weight is at around 6,3 kg, but I'm going to get it down to around 6.2 when I'm completely done (if I'll ever be). Currently set up with heavy ODI lock-on grips from my DH bike and Chinese handlebar and seatpost. These parts are going to be changed to Extralite grips and Darimo post/bar combo during the next year;)
Edited: Now 6.3 kg, and non of the parts have a weight limit of below 110 kg;) Current main parts speclist:
- frame: Xiamen Carbon Speed CS-196-SL 19"
- fork: Xiamen Carbon Speed FK023 with 15mm axle
- rims: Light-Bicycle carbon, lightest 650B version (32h rear, 28h front)
- hubs: Extralite HyperFront (15mm) and HyperRear2 (12mm) with hybrid-ceramic bearings
- spokes: Sapim CX-Super
- cassette: Sram XG-1195
- derailleur and shifter: Shimano XTR M9000 with a lot of alu/ti bolts, and new pulleys with full ceramic bearings.
- crank: Race Face Next SL, with Garbarub Cinch Melon 34T and KMC X11 DLC coated chain
- brakes: Formula R1 Racing 2016, black
- Stem: Extralite HyperStem 80mm
- thru-axles: Extralite BlackLocks fornt and rear
- saddle: Gelu G.1 saddle.
- pedals: Bebop stainless (Ti spindles ordered)
Pictures below are from the first complete setup. Weight was around 6,7 kg at this point.