HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 117  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:55 pm 

I WANT MOAR EYE CANDY!!!!! Sorry couldn't resist i love seeing your frames built up :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:14 pm 
Carbon Cowboy

@Chadwick890

Would love to continue with the work, but I'm really very very busy these days...as soon as I'll have some news I'll keep you updated :thumbup:

Here just one photo, if anybody is interested how a good mould looks like - my moulds for 27.2mm and 31.6mm seatpost tube:

info(a)berk-composites.com

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:14 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:54 pm 

2 pieces,to make one piece of art:)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 pm 

Hey Jure, how light is the lightest saddle only that you have made so far? Not the saddle/post combo, just the saddle with rails.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:51 am 

every month or so i check in here to see what's going on, and as always, am blown away by the ingenuity and determination to do things on your own. any bike co. or engineering firm should be lucky to hire you.

:beerchug:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:30 am 

jz4nyc wrote:
every month or so i check in here to see what's going on, and as always, am blown away by the ingenuity and determination to do things on your own. any bike co. or engineering firm should be lucky to hire you.

:beerchug:

Every month? How about every day ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:50 am 
Carbon Cowboy

dereksmalls wrote:
Hey Jure, how light is the lightest saddle only that you have made so far? Not the saddle/post combo, just the saddle with rails.

Hi!
Unfortunately I didn't made a saddle with ordinary saddle rails, but I'm working on it. The problem is that it's hard to make a metal mould for the saddle rails, and it will most probably take me some more time to make my own saddle. Otherwise I made a few combos and the weight of them is around 130g (depends on the specification), but of course it's 130g for the saddle + seatpost ;)

@bikemaniack, jz4nyc, munk93

Thanks for the complimets! :beerchug:

I already worked a bit on the surface from my PT4 frame, hope that I'll manage to finish it in a week or two, will keep you updated :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:26 pm 

One thing I love about Berk's stuff is it has that hard to explain "it factor". Reminds me of how I felt about Ruegamer's stuff. Say what you want about Bre and her business model, but her stuff had that something about it that made me want to own one. Berk's stuff is in line with that. I see a lot of other "do it yourselfers" on here and at shows and I just don't care about them. With Berk's stuff, I'm looking forward to updates on a daily basis. Good stuff Jure...keep it up.

CRUMPTON 4.40kg, 9.70lbs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:41 pm 

I have said it before and will say it again. I think he is the "NEXT" and "BETTER" coming of the Carbon Fibre Guru. Bre did amazing work but Berk is at another level and at such a young age. Just imagine what will come out of this guys mind by the time he hits 25 and 30.

I hope to own at least one of his pieces of work soon. Just need to find an old single position Cervelo seat post that I can hack off the top and have one of his saddle molded into the post.

@ Jure. Do you think if I sent you a Cervelo Seat Post that you could make a mold for that or put one of your saddles on top of the post after cutting off the metal top?

Cervelo SLC 5960g/13.13 lbs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:34 pm 

gumgardner wrote:
One thing I love about Berk's stuff is it has that hard to explain "it factor". Reminds me of how I felt about Ruegamer's stuff. Say what you want about Bre and her business model, but her stuff had that something about it that made me want to own one. Berk's stuff is in line with that. I see a lot of other "do it yourselfers" on here and at shows and I just don't care about them. With Berk's stuff, I'm looking forward to updates on a daily basis. Good stuff Jure...keep it up.

+1, emphatically. Excellent work Jure!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:01 pm 
Carbon Cowboy

@gumgardner, BmanX, cmdr199212

Thanks for all those nice compliments!! :beerchug:

Probably it's nice to know that it's pure handmade work,...the fact, that every piece is handmade, and not made with some robots, or made with tubes that were bought,...and you can also see that on the product. Some of you may like it, some of you not. But I really love that "freedom", that I can make everything by myself, different tubes with different/specific layup, beauty look, etc.
I also decided how I'll work in the future. I won't buy any tubes, I'll make it completely by mysef. I'll design and order some metal moulds for my frame design (tube-to-tube). Why? I want that it's just like I want, with my own design, layup, etc., and not just buy some tubes and bond them together, if you know what I mean. I think that this is the most beautiful part of this work, that you can really make it like you want and from the start - from rough carbon fibre till the finished product.

BmanX wrote:
I have said it before and will say it again. I think he is the "NEXT" and "BETTER" coming of the Carbon Fibre Guru. Bre did amazing work but Berk is at another level and at such a young age. Just imagine what will come out of this guys mind by the time he hits 25 and 30.

I hope to own at least one of his pieces of work soon. Just need to find an old single position Cervelo seat post that I can hack off the top and have one of his saddle molded into the post.

@ Jure. Do you think if I sent you a Cervelo Seat Post that you could make a mold for that or put one of your saddles on top of the post after cutting off the metal top?

Thanks!
It would be sure possible, if I would get a post without the metal top then there wouldn't be any problem, probably I could make also a mould for that shape. Don't know how much weights the Cervelo seatpost tube, but probably I could make it lighter by my own.

Yes, I'm really still very young,...if anywho already "googled" a bit my name, then he probably saw that :mrgreen: http://sportida.photoshelter.com/image/I0000yIpBU47FRn4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm really working on that and hopefully I'll be able to make my own company for some custom parts, but slowly, and with pleasure :thumbup: . I really love cycling and of course cycle a lot, cycling is somehow still on the "first place", if you know what I mean..if I don't go on my bike then that's a very strange day for me..last year I made 24 000km altough I was for 4 weeks without any training because a bad back injury, bul luckily I'm ok now! Altough I decided that I'll rather invest some more time also for other things, I still train a lot, more than I tought :mrgreen:.

I'm in contact with some companies where they could make me some moulds for my custom frame tubing, and really can't wait for that! I was also contacted by a friend of mine today with some really good news regarding the moulds, so I'll sure work on that and keep you updated! If I'll be able to get those metal moulds, then I should be able to make a real top-quality frame. Of course also those moulds that I made are ok, but with metal moulds I could make it even a bit better, more precise and with less problems during the procedure,..anyway, can't wait for the future projects and I'll sure keep you updated! Thanks once again to all who belive in my work!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:50 pm 

I have a short sections of the post that is about 3-4" long that I could send you to get the overall shape of the post itself if that would help. Could make up a mold of the shape say 400mm long and then just cut post to suit each individuals needs. Would this work and if it does I can send the cut off piece to you as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:31 pm 
Carbon Cowboy

It would sure help me,..how long is then that seatpost in cm? The only problem is that I don't know anywho who owns a Cervelo here and couldn't try if everything fits perfect.. Probably I can ask on a Slovenian forum if there is anybody who could help me or just borrow the seatpost, that would be great!
It would take me some time, but would be sure possible to make it.

I just finished with the work for the brake bridge on my frame. Right now it's 912g and I still have to cut the BB tube and add cable stops..

Just can't decide - should I cover the 3K look with some UD beauty layer/reinforcements or not? I don't want to use any paint (don't want to black out the joints). Will most probably go for the UD cover/reinforcements, it will add a few more grams, but look much cleaner and even reinforce a bit the frame :mrgreen: but will let the 3K look on some areas (on the brake bridge 3K, on the seatstays UD..)

About the cable stops - I'll have to develop my own carbon fibre cable stops, but for thish frame I'll use some ordinary ALU cable stops (2.5g each) because I want to build and ride it as soon as possible :mrgreen:.
And I already know what will be my next project..after I'll test this frame I'll see if there is anything to improve on the design, and if it's ok I'll order some metal moulds (as soon as I'll be financialy able), and then start with a true WW frame

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:44 pm 

Don't cover it! It looks so beautiful with different types of carbon for different sections of the bike. If you don't need the extra reinforcement, why add the weight and make it less beautiful? (still beautiful though) :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:45 pm 

I have no issue sending the whole post but I would need it back when everything is sorted out. I have other bikes to ride so not having the post for a little while woudl be fine. I am modifying the frame now to have behind the stem cable run so the bike it out of commission anyways.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:45 pm 

Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 117  Next