Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks DanW!
Well yes, all those saddles look similar (Selle Italia SLR, Specialized, also this AX saddle etc.,..). So the only "real difference" is the carbon bridge on the rear, that is basicly a part of the saddle rails and not a saddle shell.

I'm sorry that the development of my saddle takes soooo long, but I'll give my best to make this saddle available as soon as possible. I really want to make it perfect and it takes some more time than I thought, but already quite a lot of progress is done. I'm only considering to make again a few small changes on the moulds (because the manufacturing process), but in general the saddle will remain the same. Some of my prototypes are being tested right now and all I can do is wait for the resoults. When I get all of them, I'll make another "final prototype" and then send it to an institute where they'll make all the final tests, all the paper work etc.,..so just to give you an idea about the amount of work. I also look forward to a few meetings on Eurobike and will then most probably have some more interesting news for you :beerchug:

moshinho

by moshinho

If you need a lightweight beta-tester for the saddles, count with me :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liketoride

by liketoride

and i will be your fatty beta tester :mrgreen:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all! Sorry for a bit longer silence, wasn't on vacations, but just bussy with all kind of work..:) Anyway, here is one of the prototypes that are being tested, this time with gloss twill look:

This saddle shell is made with 34% of Innegra fibers.

The saddle rails are matte, as you can see it's only glued and it holds more than perfect (of course with the right glue - I have to admit that I put a bit too much glue here, but anyway):

I'm working hard to make it available as soon as possible, and it's looking very good - I'll keep you updated, should have some more news soon!

DanW

by DanW

Amazingly beautiful!

I am still riding my increasingly ripped Selle Italia SLR and putting off replacing it with the hope of one day owning and riding such a work of art :D

tinozee

by tinozee

That thing is hot! Looks like the ideal mix of two saddle shapes I love - antares 00 and adamo breakaway, but uber lightweight. Do want.

cerro

by cerro

A piece of art. Love my Tune Komm-Vor's but this is stunning.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all!
I get qute a few questions in the past few days regarding the price and when it will be ready for sale. I'm still waiting on some resoults and as soon as I have them I'll have to make some more work and then test it again, to make sure it will be perfect. I won't offer it for sale until it's perfect, and it may take some more time (1-2 months, hopefully).

But I already calculated the amount of work, material costs, taxes etc., and I can confirm that the saddle will cost a bit less than 300eur, just to give you an idea what to expect. That's the best I could afford to make those saddles available, I know it's not super cheap, but then again it's lightweight (final version will have around 60g) and also not the most expensive..and a saddle with cut-out, some new materials used for that type of products etc.,..I'm giving my best.

I'm also slowly moving to a bigger workshop, hopefully I'll be soon able to start with the work there, the progress is quite slow, but it's step by step, and I prefer it like that. Thanks for your attention and will keep you updated also in the future :thumbup:. If there are any questions etc. just let me know

Italuminium

by Italuminium

It's been a while since I checked in here.. but when I do, it's to see your new stuff! Awesome.
Rides:
1980 ALAN super record, full campa SR, under construction

05 Principia Ellipse SX

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks! :beerchug:

Something new: 119g, gloss 3K Twill saddle & UD matte seatpost, 27.2 x 300mm

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Testing new materials for Innegra Technologies LLC
It will be used in some of my new prototype products.
Would love to start working with it, but because a stupid injury on my hand I'll have to wait a few days. When you're working with dangerous chemicals it's not smart to have wounds that aren't well healed.

DanW

by DanW

...... and I can confirm that the saddle will cost a bit less than 300eur, just to give you an idea what to expect. That's the best I could afford to make those saddles available, I know it's not super cheap, but then again it's lightweight....

Jure, your pricing is very sensible (relatively speaking of course :D ) and I'm sure there is many a Weenie out there who can't wait to try the new saddle! :thumbup:

How are the other CF projects coming along? I also always really enjoy hearing about the things going on outside cycling. Sounds like things are definitely heading in a good direction for you!

Bregnhoj

by Bregnhoj

I really think your new saddle is amazing. Grats on all the progress you've made, it is truly impressive.

As i'm a true euro-cyclist i prefer a white saddle (and white bar tape ofc). Do you know i it would be possible to cover the saddle, and how would you proceed?
My bikes incl. De Rosa Superking and Cervelo R3
Twitter & Instagram - @mathiasbregnhoj

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks, yes I'm also working on some other projects. One of them is a biathlon rifle that I already mentioned, still slowly in progress, will make some photos in the next few days if you're interested to see.

And beside that some repairs and some other prototypes..right now I only have some poor quality photos of a repair that is in process, only have to clearcoat it. As you can see the seatstay was broken and also the graphics were restored:
Before clearcoat:

Regarding the saddle - my aim is to make it perfect, and unfortunately it may take some more time because it doesn't depend only on me, but I'm working on it, and also want to make it for reasonable prices. I calculated all the details and I could offer it for that price. Unfortunately still don't know exactly when, but I'll give my best to make it as soon as possible. Really don't want to sell something that won't perform 110% perfect ;)

@Bregnhoj
For a white look I may use pure Innegra fabric for the "cosmetic layer", otherwise I could also cover it with leather. I guess I already mentioned that we had a leather company in our family, so also that wouldn't be a problem at all. I'l cover one of my prototypes with leather to show you how it would look like, I just don't have any white leather in my workshop at this moment. But it's for sure an option to cover the saddle with leather.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Jure,

something like this would simply look awesome ! :wink: