Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

flameboy

by flameboy

Don't cover it!!! The 3k highlights the craftsmanship of the builder.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@BmanX
I'll ask if there is anybody in Slovenia who could help, and then you can contact me during the weekend and we'll see :thumbup:..

Already 2 votes for not covering it...:thumbup:

BmanX

by BmanX

Sounds good and I know of others that are riding Cervelo that would be interested in buying an aero post/saddle combo.

I vote to not cover it as well.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

billspreston

by billspreston

Another vote for not covering it! That whole seatstay-seattube-brakebridge area looks amazing as it is.

I really like the carbon cable stops on my Parlee, they might be a good place to look for inspiration for your carbon stops. Although, something tells me you've got some ideas up your sleeve already :twisted:

KWalker

by KWalker

I wouldn't cover it. Takes away from the prototype feel. I also happen to like very raw looking frames. Although I had issues with it, I thought that being able to see the detail on my Guru was really cool.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

koebes

by koebes

do not cover it; it looks just fine

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for all those opinions!
I'll sure let it quite prototype-looking, but I anyway already covered some areas in UD (mostly around the headtube), will match much better with the ENVE fork. When I sanded the lines the look around the headtube really wasn't that nice like on the last photo, where you can see only some 3K fibres.

For the structure of the reinforcements there is used also another carbon, called "biax" (at least in Slovenia we say so) and the look of it really isn't the most beautiful once it's sanded. So I made some more reinforcements on some areas and I'm sure that it will turn out nice. When I made the layup-plan I already took into account the UD "beauty layer", so it's there with a reason, not only for the look.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Can't wait to see the finished results of this frame project. You amaze me as always!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!

Hope that I'll be soon able to finish this frame, I only have to lacquer it and put on some more details that you can see on this photo:

The only parts that aren't made with carbon ;) but I'll for sure develop my own cable-stops in the future, altough these are quite light, but anyway..

The weight of the frame at this moment is 917g, so it should be at the end around 950g, will see. Not the most lightweight, but sure stiff, and that's my aim with that project.

I'll experiment then later and will for sure work on some new projects. Tomorrow I already have an important meeting with a director from a company where they could probably help me to make some moulds,..can't wait! I really want to make an ultimate frame....also a true WW project would be very interesting, probably my aim would be to hit somewhere around 700g with it..but first I have to get some new moulds to make it really professional, will keep you updated for sure!

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Good to hear things are progressing;)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Here just one crappy phone pic, finally prepared for lacquering!

A quite light product after some quite hard work :)

933g, I only have to lacquer it a bit...

billspreston

by billspreston

Awesome, congrats!! Can't wait to see it built up and hear how it rides... and some better photos of course :wink:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!

Here some new photos, the finished frame has 941g

And already almos build,..I just need to get some cables and put on the chain and bar tape (white),...hopefully it will be build till tomorrow, I'll keep you updated! Of course I'll have to make also a combo, but have way to less time these days and will make it then later..hope you like it!

Otherwise I wanted to use the -17 stem, but when I made some more measurments I rather put on the -6* stem, is also 10g lighter :mrgreen:.

Rumsas

by Rumsas

That is amazing, that must have been hard work

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lcoolb

by lcoolb

Brilliant! Such a clean looking design, very impressive! :thumbup: