Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

euph

by euph

Thanks for talking about the Formula Student stuff Berk. I'm also interested in the shoes. Maybe I will be able to afford some of your products one day. Beautiful stuff :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AUOC1OC6

by AUOC1OC6

I love the detailing of the head tube. Lovely detail. :up:

BTW, I don't know why some people will find the 1800 Euros price tag for a boutique custom aero bar designed for a pro tour rider outrageous. Certain investment has been made by the team and they are not churning out hundreds and thousands of them like the dominant players of the like of 3T, Cinelli and Zipp!

Yes, it is expensive but it is simple free market economic. The price will eventually find its equilibrium based on supply and demand! Just like Lightweight wheels or Vertu phones!

Keep up the awesome work, Berk! Will upgrade to your saddle and seat post combo soon once you have a 100kg limit design! Lol :mrgreen:
AUOC1OC6
--------------------
AX Lightness Vial Evo D http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=138599
Corima Puma
Giant MCR 2 (retired)
Trek Y Glide Deluxe MTB

Skylark

by Skylark

This thread has been going on since 2010. What's the justification for promoting corporate interests in the forum? This wouldn't be tolerated in any other forum. The forum itself is associated with Starbike Gmbh.

jooo

by jooo

Maybe you could try reading the thread?

drchull

by drchull

Actually there have been a number of people over the years who have threads abouttheir business' on this forum as they are in their infancy. There a few threads in this category alone. These are not large manufacturer threads, they are usually an individual just starting out or with a very small business just getting going.

Berk has been posting his fantastic work since he was playing with making his first bike and I for one have really appreciated his postings, not only watching this very nice man grow up but also create his own little business. He also shows off his creativity as he develops new projects and really after the development phase dose not use this space to promote his commercial products. He has also not been shy in providing advice to people that would generally be considered competition. He has never tried to hide who he is on a forum that is essentially anonymous.

I have really appreciated not only Berk but the other small bike makers that have threads here as well as the other members of larger companies that sometimes post here in regards to some of the questions that have come up for their products.

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

Couldn't agree more with drchull

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yup, doesn't seem like blatant self promotion in the slightest, but rather a genuinely passionate guy just sharing his work and actually helping others when asked. Good for him and wish him success in his future endeavors whatever they might be.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

NapD

by NapD

This thread and others like it are one of the main reasons I visit the forum.

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

this ^ and drchull post a thousand times

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Considering that starbike.com sells Berk's products, I don't think they care about him having this thread here :roll: :wink:

coppercook62

by coppercook62

I agree with drchull post. I enjoy Kevosinn and Craddock threads as well.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all,
we really sell some products and work with different shops. If we would think like that - why then any advertising on any forum? Personally I think that it is good for the customer to know who is producing these parts, it is also good to be able to be in contact with the manufacturer. I'm a weightweenies forum member like any other, only with the difference that I produce carbon parts for living. That said, I really don't want to be someone who would try to integrate the idea that you really need our products etc., but I only present them. I don't claim we are the best or that you need these products, unless you can't be a real cyclist, or you won't save the 4s on 50km or similar, if you know what I mean.
I just share the work we do, if possible with more "inside" informations. I really like to share what I and my team does, I love this sport, weightweenies and carbon work, so why not to use a topic to share my passion with you? I hope it is not disturbing that some of the forum members are also our customers of course. I will always give my best, sometimes it takes longer to answer, we also have all type of problems, delays, etc., but I always give my best also in worst cases. I'm not someone who will dissapear behind a website, and hope you appreciate that. It is true that unfortunately I'm not as active as I would like to be on this forum. But I'm a 23 years old guy with a small and young company, where we try to give our best and we'll keep on working also in the future. Also hopefully with more interesting news for you. I was a former pro cyclist, lather decided that I'll rather study to become a mechanical engineer and started with the carbon work for living. And besides Facebook and Instagram (where we mostly post only photos) you can find most of the "inside" informations in this topic.

So let some more photos talk instead of me, a new custom paintjob: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134675298 ... 8109825106

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Hey Jure, what bar tape is that? It looks good.

defride

by defride

Berk wrote:Hi to all,
we really sell some products and work with different shops. If we would think like that - why then any advertising on any forum? Personally I think that it is good for the customer to know who is producing these parts, it is also good to be able to be in contact with the manufacturer. I'm a weightweenies forum member like any other, only with the difference that I produce carbon parts for living. That said, I really don't want to be someone who would try to integrate the idea that you really need our products etc., but I only present them. I don't claim we are the best or that you need these products, unless you can't be a real cyclist, or you won't save the 4s on 50km or similar, if you know what I mean.
I just share the work we do, if possible with more "inside" informations. I really like to share what I and my team does, I love this sport, weightweenies and carbon work, so why not to use a topic to share my passion with you? I hope it is not disturbing that some of the forum members are also our customers of course. I will always give my best, sometimes it takes longer to answer, we also have all type of problems, delays, etc., but I always give my best also in worst cases. I'm not someone who will dissapear behind a website, and hope you appreciate that. It is true that unfortunately I'm not as active as I would like to be on this forum. But I'm a 23 years old guy with a small and young company, where we try to give our best and we'll keep on working also in the future. Also hopefully with more interesting news for you. I was a former pro cyclist, lather decided that I'll rather study to become a mechanical engineer and started with the carbon work for living. And besides Facebook and Instagram (where we mostly post only photos) you can find most of the "inside" informations in this topic.

So let some more photos talk instead of me, a new custom paintjob: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134675298 ... 8109825106

Have loved seeing your journey and hope you'll continue to share.

That bike in the link is nothing short of stunning!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!

dudemanppl wrote:Hey Jure, what bar tape is that? It looks good.

It's from Silva

Here some more photos of our carbon work:
And a wheel rim just out of the mould:

And another custom bike:
More photos of the complete build:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/134675298 ... 6736663253