Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Designed new carbon saddle together with my great friend GorjupDesign, now 142mm wide and with redesigned details. Hope you like it.
Also the tools are already designed and it will be soon manufactured. More to come...

astranoc

by astranoc

Beautiful work! What weight do you think this will come at?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

N.T

by N.T

Looks like combination of selle italia slr and specialized toupe; my personal hell.
Fuelled by kofein

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

It may not fit to everyone, but for all those who are used to SLR and similar saddles it should be perfect.

@astranoc
Thanks!
Not sure yet because I still don't have the saddle rails moulds/tools, but based on my cacluculations it should only add around 3g compared to the 130mm saddle shell. My aim is still to make it around 75g, we'll see, I'll keep you updated as soon as I have some more news, it may take a few weeks but I'm working on it and will give my best to make it as soon as possible :thumbup:

N.T

by N.T

Don`t get me wrong. I love your work!
Fuelled by kofein

thatdkid

by thatdkid

Very Cool Work....

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

N.T wrote:Don`t get me wrong. I love your work!

Sure, don't worry :beerchug: all comments are more than welcome!

I know quite a lot of people who don't like saddles similar to SLR, but I love it, so that's why I started with that design. Really can't wait to make some first prototype saddles..and then I'll see if it would make sense for me to continue on some other saddle shapes

pje0713

by pje0713

Looks great! I'm in for one as soon as they're ready to ship. Seriously.

Toupe/slr blend looks amazing. My two favorite saddle families.

~75g sounds amazing too... But honestly anything below 90 would be great!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

I'm glad to hear that you like it!
Regarding the weight I can't confirm yet exactly how much will it weight, but I'll give my best to found the best compromise :thumbup:

doomith

by doomith

I've contacted Berk regarding making a Seatpost combo for a BMC RM01 - He replied saying, 'yes possible' but he would need to make a mould which would be around 400 euro, a little expensive for a 1 off.

Now I've read through every page of this thread and have seen a few people asking about seatpost combos for BMC's. As far as I know (I can confirm later) the RM01 and the TM01 and maybe some other frames use the exact same seatpost.

I wonder if some WW members that own BMC's would be keen to chip in on the seatpost mould together, so we can get custom seatpost combos! It would be an amazing group effort and could be a nice way for us to help out Berk get some extra custom business in the future, given all the time he's put into taking photos and sharing with us.

If anyone has any thoughts that would be great! I'm sure we could put together a kickstarter or crowdsourcing project for this to happen. We would need money for a mould and money to purchase a 2nd hand seatpost to send to Jure.

PM me if you want to join in and I'll see what I can organise :)

bura

by bura

Just checking if I have followed up correctly.
So you will have a 130 and 142 version?
Very nice design BTW. Well done.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@doomith
Yes, it would be possible to make it like that if you would be interested. I belive that you understand where the problem is (from my point of view). For only one combo it wouldn't make sense for me to make a mould with that seatpost shape, but if I would have to make more combos I could cover the costs for the new mould. Because the shape I don't dare to make the mould by myself, because I really want a perfect fit and the only way to go is to make an ALU mould (on a CNC machine, and unfortunately I don't have one in my workshop :mrgreen:).
So if this may be interesting you can contact me on PM and we'll see what would be possible, but I would still need a small piece of the seatpost, to copy the exact shape. Unfortunately those frames are here in Slovenia very rare, and I didn't have the chance to get it in my hands here.

@bura
Thanks! Yes, you're right, I already have the 130mm saddle mould and a 142mm will be soon in process :thumbup:

deltree

by deltree

doomith wrote:Now I've read through every page of this thread and have seen a few people asking about seatpost combos for BMC's. As far as I know (I can confirm later) the RM01 and the TM01 and maybe some other frames use the exact same seatpost.

The RM01 (Racemachine) and SLR01 (Team Machine) use the same style post. I don't know how feasible it is for Berk to make the earlier models that adjust via the elastomer inserts instead of a regular seatpost clamp though.

Not 100% sure about the difference between the TM01 and the new TMR01 seatposts. I do know that the TMR01 does not have an internal battery bay like the TM01.

koebes

by koebes

It would be much easier to buy a BMC post and modify that one, right?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@koebes,
yes. I didn't started yet with it because I don't know how precise does the seatpost fit to the frame. And spending that amount of money only for a mould is a bit risky if you aren't 100% sure. When the mould is done it's only one step, then there is the carbon work, some more material costs etc.,..so if I'm honest I try to avoid those "risky" projects if you know what I maen. I could use a 3D print model, it would be cheaper, but then again it isn't precise enough.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com