by Nutellaurent

that saddle looks so good

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

WoW Jure that is a great finish on that saddle! :)

nmx

by nmx

WOW the saddle looks really awesome! What about the weight? Quite amazing your skills with just 18 years!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
thanks to all!
The weight of the saddle is cca. 66g, at this moment it depends a bit from each prototype, but the final layup has cca. 66g. Thanks for the compliments, unfortunately I'm not that young anymore, but still not that old with 21 years :mrgreen:

518jbe

by 518jbe

What will be the certified maximum rider weight? Really want one, however I am 90 kg's.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi, sorry for my late answer, I tested it for max. 90kg and it's no problem, so the standard layup will be <90kg. For riders that weight more than that I could make a custom layup.
Otherwise I already get the moulds for the 150mm wide saddle, as soon as I make some prototypes I'll let you know. Unfortunately very busy next week (have two exams for my university), but after that I'll have more time and will keep you updated about the progress. Right now I'm only waiting for the Visa card for the company, and after it's here it should only take a few days to complete the webpage and we'll start with the production, I'll keep you updated :thumbup:

Lewis

by Lewis

Wow Jure, this just gets better and better!

I would like to buy your bike with that gun mounted on the handlebars to deal with troublesome motorists! :D both look amazing!

On a serous note, when do you think the saddle will be ready to market?

You're a very talented man keep up the great work :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020 Canyon Grail AL 6.0

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for the compliments Lewis!

Right now the website is under construction, I already have all the moulds and already started with the work, at this moment I don't know exactly but it should be ready till the end of this month. It will be then possible to buy it on the webpage.
I'm really sorry that it always takes longer than I thought, there are alsways some delays (for example the Visa card for the company wasn't here in 3 days as promised, but in 10, etc.,..). But I'm working on it! Soon I'll also post some photos of the 150mm wide saddle.

Otherwise there are two dimensions, one is 132mm and the other is 150mm. I'll soon write more about it!

Otherwise two prototypes from JEC in Paris, Innegra Technologies LLC has them:

A lot of things are happening to me these days and as soon as I manage I'll write more about it to share the story with you. I'm really excited to really start with it, also had 2 exams this week for my university and it was one more reason why I didn't posted more updates, but on Monday I just have one more exam and after that I'll have more time and I'll completely concentrate on production and all the other work that has to be done.

By the way, here just a few more photos, from a custom project - a Ritchey carbon stem integrated to a Mcfk handlebar. The owner (fellow ww member) wanted that I cover it with 3K twill carbon and that the joint has a "Calfee-look", and with an integrated garmin mount:
Unfortunately we didn't weight it before so I don't know what was the weight of those original parts, but I guess it added some weight because that "calfee-looking" joint and one more layer on the stem.

And one more interesting news that I didn't shared yet with you! I changed/improved the technology of how I make the tubes for the seatpost/saddle combos, and it saves around 10% of the weight with the same/very similar properties. The process is a bit more complicated and takes more time to produce it, but the weight is even lower. I also had to construct some new metal moulds for that process. Here a new combo that I made with that process:

On the website there will be also more details about those custom combos. The price for a combo with the new tube process will cost 450eur, and a lot of options (different saddle shells, seatpost lenghts/diameter, finish, etc.,..), if anyone will be interested all the details must still be discussed per email. Anyway, I'm a bit in rush right now, as soon as possible I'll post more updates, thanks for your attention!

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Under 100g for a saddle+seatpost is insane! Way to go man!
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

kgt

by kgt

+1
The handlebar combo is amazing as well.

pitbull

by pitbull

Read through all the pages :) amazing work :) are you planning some new products?

paradawt

by paradawt

The handlebar combo it's just perfect.

Congrats.
Berria Belador 7

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Weight is 340g on combo.
Looks really great on the bike, on par with the looks of all parts 3k matte carbon.
Stiffess is superior to the original, with cleaner look, maybe 15g to 20g heavier than the original setup, witch is no problem at all.

Regards

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Amazing work!!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pavaobg

by pavaobg

+1