by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Hey, I have one of those boxes!

Berk wrote:Image

I received my new Berk Lupina saddle (130mm, matte / UD, oval rails) within 2 short weeks of ordering it - all from Slovenia to USA. And in the fancy new branded box no less!

Berk's pride in craftsmanship extends beyond just their product - it includes their packaging.

robertg

by robertg

I need to start putting some money aside to get my hands on some Berk goodies.

BmanX

by BmanX

Jure, would your team be interested in building smaller parts in carbon like carbon shifter clamps like BTP used to do and other carbon goodies like post clamps?
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

MattBeOne

by MattBeOne

Hi Jure,

Looking great once again.
Are you willing to share some more information on how you in-mold the rubber on the carbon soles of the shoes? I know All-Ahead composites used a similar process in their handlebars and seatpost and it looks quite interesting. Especially the feel and look it creates on parts.
Does it work well enough out-of-autoclave? And do you cure it in the oven or use a room-temperature cure?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all!!
First of all sorry for my silence! Extremely busy and I didn't even managed to go on the internet to spend some free time on it, and after a few days/weeks I just realized that I missed some of your questions in this topic. Thanks for the compliments! We plan to put the seatpost in production as soon as we manage to "breathe a bit", extremely busy right now and I also have to apologize if there are some delays with our email answers or shipping, your understanding is much appreciated! I have to say that we have great customers and I love to work with you, and we will give our best to keep it that way. But I have to admit that I have some problems how to make each such step forward - we will slowly need a new team member, and all such things also take time and it can be quite stressfull to find the right person and meanwhile do all the composite work, paper work etc.,.. but giving our best as always! So for the future we already prepare some interesting new products, which we will start to produce as soon as we manage to establish the production

BmanX wrote:Jure, would your team be interested in building smaller parts in carbon like carbon shifter clamps like BTP used to do and other carbon goodies like post clamps?

Carbon shifter clamps would be quite easy to do. I have a Sram Red lever close to me and as far as I see it isn't a problem to make it. Just have to check what standard does Shimano use, but from what I can find it is the same clamp only without the nut/screw.

@Juanmoretime
Unfortunately I'm worried it would be more complicated than it seems - we would need to have a good model or mould to produce such topper. At least a cut ISP would do the job, so maybe we could use that as a model to wrap the carbon around it and produce the stubby part

@MattBeOne
we cure all the parts in an oven. It depends if it is an RTM/infusion product or prepreg. We use different technology for different parts. The rubber has a special process - if we want to bond it properly to the carbon/epoxy then it first needs to be cleaned, sanded, and then the rubber goes through 3 different chemicals, that prepare the surface for bonding with epoxy. Once it is laminated we have to properly cure it, otherwise the bond won't be perfect.
The rubber materials are quite often used in the composite industry, you can even get prepreg carbon with rubber on one side. A few composite manufacturers use the rubber between the carbon layers, to make the product less stiff (for example Alpina cross-country shoes if I am right also uses rubber).

@Johnny Rad
thanks for the compliments! I wish you a alot of nice miles with it!

Regarding the shipping - in some cases it unfortunately takes longer than expected. We also have more problems with lost packages each year. I guess that is normal because there are also more packages. We have a contract with Posta Slovenije, and they then work mostly with UPS for shipping abroad. But in some countries it's quite a mess to follow the package etc., or they lost it or we loose the trace for it. If anything like that happens your patience is much appreciated and we'll give our best to solve it somehow, or send a new package asap. These things are quite stressfull recently but I hope it won't happen often!

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Would be interested in the Sram Carbon clamps (for eTap) if you get time to make them!

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

stevec1975 wrote:Would be interested in the Sram Carbon clamps (for eTap) if you get time to make them!

Exactly. Me, too!

By the way, I briefly rode my new Lupina saddle yesterday and it was all roses. Thank you!

Kumppa

by Kumppa

+1 for (Sram) carbon clamps.

Normally I don't mind about these little carbon parts becouse of safety but if it made by Jure I would give it a change. Totally trust his skills to development and test products and not rush them in the market.

BmanX

by BmanX

Jure, it seems like you have a new little niches request. I am in for at least 2 pairs.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

William

by William

Has anyone tried List saddle yet? Was hoping to get any feedback on this saddle as I haven't seen any review/first hand experience so far.

cerro

by cerro

How long does it take for people to get their parts inside EU after they have been shipped from Berk? It has been 18 days for me now and I'm not even getting a tracking number to see where it is? Anyone else who has had the same problem? Don't get any answers from Jure where it is or a tracking number for the package...

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Ohh, it took me like 10 days to get my Lupina saddle from order date to Sweden. I guess it depends on if the items ordered actually are in stock or not. If I recall it correct I didn't get any shipping/tracking info either.

cerro

by cerro

True but the 18 days, or maybe 17 is after Jure wrote that it should be sent. A saddle and steerer combo so wasn't in stock when I ordered it in November ;) and the work started in January

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Every item I've had sent from Jure to Australia has taken 17 days, apart from my last order which has been going on since Dec, unfortunately it must have got lost in the post and the item was re-made and sent, should be here this week. :)