by trilocus

the wheels looks really cool

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BELied

by BELied

Any updates on your work Berk? I sent an email awhile back and haven't got a reply... Interested to see what you're up to these days!
2014 Giant Defy (too many kilos) (seriously, it's an aluminium frame)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for the compliments! Very busy at this moment, will post some more updates, have some more interesting things that I have to share with you

@BELied, sorry if I missed your email, if possible plase send it again and I'll also check the spam folder

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

bottle cage!!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Any updates Jure? What's the haps with the bottle cages?

plasticol

by plasticol

:beerchug: Congratulations on all your work. It looks pretty high quality.
Speaking of such, I have heard o lot of talk regarding the options for a particular type of carbon fiber and I would like to hear your choices and why, including the differences between Toray from Japan or not, 1k or 3k weave, UD. 700, 1000 or 1100, etc.
Thanks.
PS; Those wheels that your are working on look pretty sick!.

steff

by steff

have received my 2 combos
really nice job , thanks a lot Jure king of carbon ;)
20141230-0003.jpeg

20141128-0001.jpeg

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Just send this to Berk, for an other Combo

Ax-lightness 4200 42cm - 175g
MCFK 3K Stem 110mm - 90g
Kedge Garmin Mount adjustable - 30g.

Stegger

by Stegger

Hi Steff,
could you please let me know how long time to took for them to complete that job, from you shipping the stuff to you having it back? I have a similar job but was wondering what the time frame is for such a job.

Thanks!!

steff wrote:have received my 2 combos
really nice job , thanks a lot Jure king of carbon ;)

steff

by steff

Stegger wrote:Hi Steff,
could you please let me know how long time to took for them to complete that job, from you shipping the stuff to you having it back? I have a similar job but was wondering what the time frame is for such a job.

Thanks!!

Really depend on shipping time but for the seatpost combo between 1 and 2 weeks and for the handlebar near 1 week

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all, thanks for the compliments!
Sorry for my late answers, very busy these days.

dereksmalls wrote:Any updates Jure? What's the haps with the bottle cages?

We had to finish some projects and unfortunately didn't had the time to present you this new product, we also made a few more prototypes and as soon as it's finished I'll for sure let you know. Here just a prototype, the final version will be a bit more reinfoced and with a special transparent rubber cover that will keep the bottle safe in place and the bottle won't be scratched, we will keep the minimalistic look (on the photo only a prototype, without the special transparent rubber cover)

plasticol wrote::beerchug: Congratulations on all your work. It looks pretty high quality.
Speaking of such, I have heard o lot of talk regarding the options for a particular type of carbon fiber and I would like to hear your choices and why, including the differences between Toray from Japan or not, 1k or 3k weave, UD. 700, 1000 or 1100, etc.
Thanks.
PS; Those wheels that your are working on look pretty sick!.

Thank you!
It completely depends from the product - we use UD, 3K plain, 3K twill, 1K plain and also multiaxial fabrics, depends from the product. Mostly we use T1000 and M40J, and also T700, really depends from the product, the layup etc.,.. Also for example there are layups where you have to use different fabrics/fibers, of course at a specific angle. So hard to explain anything more if we don't have an example.

Thank you steff! Here just another photo of your combos:

Regarding the time - it really depends from your location (inside EU it's a few days, outside it might take longer - in most cases we have some problems with our customs because usually it takes a week or so to get the package from the customs). In general it takes 1-2 weeks for a custom seatpost/saddle combo, and around one week for a handlebar/stem integration.

I'll of course have some more updates in the future, also working on some new products that I didn't presented or mentioned, I'll keep you updated as soon as I have some interesting news.

Here just a few more photos, two integrated seatpost/saddle combos in matte UD, one is 150mm and the other 132mm

I wish to all a happy new year!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

How much additional weight do you think the rubber coating will add?

LouisN

by LouisN

@Jure: Did you get orders for seat topper/ saddle combos, for ISP framesets ?

Louis :)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@dereksmalls,
don't know exactly at this moment, but most probably around 2-3g

@LouisN
Yes we also already made combos for ISP, here just one example (for a Trek Madone):

New prototype:
In 2015 we will present you a new model of the integrated setapost/saddle combo.

We managed to even reduce the final weight a bit and improve comfort, this prototype is for MTB, with 31.6mm x 400mm seatpost it came in at 126g. Please mention that the combo on the photo is a prototype and it's completely rough. There will be some small changes for the production model, mostly for aesthetics.

Of course this will be the second option, the integrated seatpost/saddle combo that we already make will remain unchanged

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

A few photos of the Berk Composites custom frameset

100% handmade in Slovenia, also the design and paintjob was made at our company. Our team member/employee Aleš, who is also the airbrush master, did the design and painting. Otherwise we can make basicly any paintjob. For example here is a steel bike that Aleš painted and build: http://www.cycleexif.com/cherie

Also possible with ISP, disc brakes, hidden brake under the BB, custom paintjob etc.,..for more informations you can contact us

http://www.berk-composites.com

Cheers,
Jure