Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Ok

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Berk wrote:Thanks for the compliments!! Another photo of the shoe:

Nice!!! Standard sole only? Or semi-custom like (very) wide fit will be possible?

Any idea of a price tag yet?

Keep on the good stuff

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thank you for the compliments! As soon as it's 100% production ready I'll publish more details. On request we could also customize the fit.

Otherwise these days it might take a bit longer that we answer all the emails etc., unfortunately also some delays are possible.
On Tuesday morning I had an accident and had to stay at the hospital over the night because a concussion and a few stiches.. I am OK, but need to rest a few more days. So your patience and understanding is much appreciated! My two colleagues at the company are giving their best to finish all the projects and also replace my pair of hands, but there might anyway be some small delays. Thank you for your understanding! Cheers, Jure Berk

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

ouch, sorry to hear that Jure, speedy recovery

Doyler

by Doyler

Does anyone have a matt version of the Berk saddle? I am interested to know how well it wears. I recently bought and sent back a SAEVID Alien saddle because it arrived with numerous scuffs, scratches and an actual hole in the nose of the saddle. The supplier said that all of the SAEVID Alien saddles they have are the same. I'm not suggesting that the Berk one would be the same, but before I put in an order I wonder who has a matt one. Probably I'll go for UD.

Martin1977

by Martin1977

Check my Wilier thread. Page 3. I have berk combo in matt 3K finish. Finish is nice without any wear, but to be honest, I do not have that much kilometers on it. Just few thousand. Finish is definitely not as durable as on "production" components (I can see marks in lacquer on seatpost, where it is clamped in frameset), but nice and sufficient for normal usage. No wear on saddle itself.
BTW, my Saevid saddle looks really nice without any finish imperfections. So it must be problem of your particular saddle. But I highly recomend Berk components. They look and perform great.

Martin

Doyler

by Doyler

Which Saevid saddle do you have? I really liked the look of the Alien, but the one I received looked used.

felipedana

by felipedana

hi!! a question (maybe already answered here but this is a long post!) .. how is the seat/seatpost combo made to be perfectly level ? I'm interested in a combo for a look 675, frame size XL .. seat 132mm , seatpost 27.2

Martin1977

by Martin1977

I have Saevid S1.2 on my Ridley. But Saevid is quite narrow and flat at top and I don't find it as comfortable as Berk or Selle Italia CX Zero. But maybe their new wider and a little bit curved saddles like Alien are more comfortable.

felipedana: when You order new combo from Jure, he needs exact measurements of Your frame and You specify, how You like Your new combo. And You receive Your combo as You ordered it :-)

felipedana

by felipedana

Thanks Martin, are there more photos of the latest versions of the integrated seatpost/seat combo?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi there, sorry for my silence! I'll provide some better photos of the new combo design in a few days, we also have to put it on our website and present it a bit better, will make that as soon as possible, otherwise if there are any more questions you can also write to our email info(a)berk-composites.com, thanks!

Otherwise a lot of interesting updates to come soon, we work a lot on different projects and can't wait to present them to you

Doyler

by Doyler

Order just made for UD saddle. Why didn't I do this a week ago, I'd have it by now!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!

Sorry for my silence in the past few weeks!

Get a special gift from my former teammate Luka Pibernik, his white jersey from Tour of Japan! It will be soon on the wall at our office.
Proud on him, we started cycling in the same team when we were kids, still cycling together on most of the rides I do.
He also get the blue jersey for a few days at the Tour de Suisse :thumbup:

Another former teammate from team Radenska is Jan Polanc, he won the 5th stage of Giro d'Italia! Also Luka Mezgec was once a team member of Radenska, and some other great cyclists,..so hope we can get more jerseys in the future.

Otherwise here a few more photos that might be interesting for you, this is how the chainstays look before they are put in the mould. It is made with prepreg, the second photo shows how it looks like completely rough just out of the moudl:
Just out of the mould:

And another special edition saddle, for more informations you can write to info(a) berk-composites.com

We also make a lot of frame repairs, also wheels and carbon spokes can be repaired (with a special process the spoke has tension and the wheel is after the repair true)

And some more saddles, 3K matte, UD matte and UD gloss:

petal666

by petal666

Great work. I might have to add an Obermayer rear to that collection of Lightweight for repair (crack in rim around 1 spoke).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com