Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

carbon2329

by carbon2329

That stem/bar combo looks great.

I have been interested in one for years but never like how bulbus teh clamp area looked.

Yours looks minimal, which looks great = :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to another saddle/post combo....That's two for me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@stevec1975
I think that I wrote before - unfortunately UCI didn't allowed to use it, so as soon as they saw it they had to remove it. I'm still in contact with them, so maybe it was not the last project, we'll see.. :wink:

@carbon2329
Thanks! It's in process and I'll clearcoat it in the next few days, so when I finish it I'll post some photos also here :thumbup:

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

I dont see why the UCI wouldn't eventually allow them to use your custom posts, as anyone can pay you to make them one as well. Maybe one would just need to set up a website or contact info advertising them for sale. like those British track/road bikes in the Olympics.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

I guess it should be approved from UCI, and then there are here some other things, there are also the team sponsors who would of course "prefer" that their riders use their equipment etc.,..so it's not that easy.

Anyway, here are some news regarding the bar/stem combo. You can see the progress on the previous pages, and it started with a weight of 300g (the original setup). After I removed the faceplate and after some more carbon reinforcements it's not 303g. So I added 3g. But could make it around 10g lighter if I wouldn't use the cosmetic layer also on the stem etc., as I already mentioned, but it looks much better like that :thumbup:. Hope you'll like it:

Fred72

by Fred72

Perfect...

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

I won't be original :smartass:

Fantastic Job Jure :beerchug:

Just a precision: you said "to make a combo with my own stem" and "remove the face plate"

The first sentence tells me you entirely made the stem, but the second sentence tells me you wrapped an existing stem?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@Fred72
Thanks!

@Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez
Probably I wrote it a bit confusing - this combo is made with Zipp stem and bar, where I removed the faceplate. For the future project I'm planning to make my own stem, so most probably I'll make in the future a combo with my own stem,.. :thumbup:

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Thank you Berk :smartass: :thumbup:

Keep up the good work and again congrats for everything you've made and will :smartass: :beerchug:

jb

by jb

As usual it looks really nice!

Still doubt if i want the Madone seat combo....

Keep up the good work!

Reamens

by Reamens

Very good!!!

Berk is a very good Master@!. Beautiful to look at is improving as a person!

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

I know it may seem a vulgar question to ask but how much does a bar and stem combo cost? ( apart from the customer supplying the bars and stem! )

Stunning work by the way.

steff

by steff

really love it
want one :thumbup:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all!! :beerchug:

@lone wheeler
I don't know how much exactly the stem and bar was (I guess the bar is around 300eur (?) and the stem around 250eur?), but the work is done for around half the price of the handlebar. So it's better to use some used parts (to save some money) because I have to clearcoat it anyway, so also if it's used it's no problem at all because I have to sand it before the work..

And I have some very good news - finally I'll be able to make my own saddle with carbon saddle rails!
I'll have some more details in a week or two... ;)

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

fxck a duck Berk, that looks the business.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com