Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

shamrock134

by shamrock134

kgt wrote:I had gone from an Arione to a Selle Italia SLR (which is similar to Lupina's shape if I am right) and the SLR was much more comfortable for me. You know that a saddle's fit is very subjective of course.

Arione is comfortable, I just want to save 70g and I like the look of the Lupina. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

So, I guess, there's nothing to ask. Go for it :)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all!
Sorry for the silence inthe past few weeks, busy as always!

Some news to share, first of all, after new year we'll offer our Sito shoes also in size EU 46.

We are considering to offer also white shoes, but at this moment still in process as we want to make sure that it can be cleaned also if you have a muddy day. Some pro riders will also use these, also on grand tours :thumbup:

Our company is more and more in contact with pro teams, and also some larger bike manufacturers, some of them will use our saddles in the future on their stock bikes. So a lot of work to come in the future and we are giving our best to show to the cycling world that even if the saddle is full carbon that it is comfortable, because it is engineered that way (with the right amount of flex etc.)
Talking with some Italian brands, Italy is our neighbour (to Slovenia) and we are already quite well known also there
..we'll see what the future will bring

I spent a few days with theam LottoJumbo, great guys and looking forward to cooperate with them, here just a photo from the wind tunnel testing

Some photos during the process, sanding the saddle rails before clearcoat:

Preparing a Lupina saddle shell for padding:

A custom Berk frameset just painted, I'll soon have some more photos of a few interesting paintjobs in the next few days

I wish you all a happy new year!

dgasmd

by dgasmd

So badly wishing you made a 10-12 arm bottle cage that is durable and fits most bottles, not some conical or one ff type of bottles. Love the BTP and Arundell mandible designs (open arms), but not so much the astronomical price of one or heavy weight of the other!!!

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Berk wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:55 pm
Our company is more and more in contact with pro teams, and also some larger bike manufacturers, some of them will use our saddles in the future on their stock bikes. So a lot of work to come in the future and we are giving our best to show to the cycling world that even if the saddle is full carbon that it is comfortable, because it is engineered that way (with the right amount of flex etc.) Talking with some Italian brands, Italy is our neighbour (to Slovenia) and we are already quite well known also there
Fantastic. Wishing you nothing but success and hoping you won't get too busy to share your progress with WW! Happy new year to you, Jure!

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

I've been riding a Lupina, 3k matte, 132mm, round rails, on one of my bikes since about August (maybe 5000 miles or so?) and it has been a delight.

With fresh $ from Père Noël, I happily ordered another one this evening for another bike. Anyone on the fence about these saddles, they really are the bee's knees / cat's pajamas. Thank you Jure for a great product, and hope you have an amazing 2018.... but don't forget us weenie amateurs!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for all the kind words, much appreciated!!

Here some photos of our complete bike, build by Maxisport Čerin in Slovenia, this time with Campagnolo Record EPS:

At the shop:

And a special edition saddle, on request we can customize the rear bridge in any colour:

mrlobber

by mrlobber

That bike needs dark label Boras.

Btw, how is it going with your experimental uberlight secret material module (frame + seatpost + bars) prototype you mentioned some time earlier? Any chance bringing that one closer to production?
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Berk wrote:Thanks for all the kind words, much appreciated!!

Here some photos of our complete bike, build by Maxisport Čerin in Slovenia, this time with Campagnolo Record EPS:

And a special edition saddle, on request we can customize the rear bridge in any colour:
You just gave me an idea on the saddle I’m about to order from you..

Johnny
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

userfriendly

by userfriendly

Those shoes are gorgeous looking, Jure.

Also, I decided I want more Lupina saddles in my life, at least one more, but was wondering about this:
Berk wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:49 pm
We'll for now produce only black, but already experimenting with different colours, for sure something we'll offer in the future (more colours)
Forgive me for being terribly nosy, but what sort of range of colours do you have in mind? Like, one or two more e.g. white and brown or tan or something like that? Or possibly some way for people to go crazy on colour matching? :D Just throwing the question out there. And either would be great!
Cinelli Saetta 6.5kg - nice and dry weather
Reilly T325 7.3kg - nice weather but windy
Spa Audax 9.1kg - all weather steel beauty
Pinnacle Dolomite 7.9kg - flat-pedal chainguard thing
M∆SON Definition 8.5kg - off-road ... thing

by 573

They definitely offer more colours, I've seen ones that aren't black.

I emailed this weekend about a custom one too. 8)

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Jure, what’s that metal tooling under the saddle? For a wheel? How’s development progressing?

userfriendly

by userfriendly

573 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:58 pm
They definitely offer more colours, I've seen ones that aren't black.

I emailed this weekend about a custom one too. 8)
What did you see?! :shock: Tell me, 573! Tell me! :unbelievable: Aaaargh!

No, seriously ... :mrgreen: what colour that wasn't black was it that you saw? Was it white? I need to know.

by 573

Do a quick Google, it’ll show you Lupina saddles trimmed in a few different coloured leather covers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

userfriendly

by userfriendly

Oh yeah. At least white is one of those colours. :) Cool.

... but does he do natural tan leather, I wonder? :roll: