Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Thats bike is so cool, that is the weight of the bike as the picture ?
See all my bike h e r e

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!
It's 6,16kg, the frame was a custom made geometry similar to size M/54, for a customer that has around 175cm. Otherwise some new frames are already in process

funtez

by funtez

Wow, the custom framesets looking amazing. Has anyone any more experience with the Saddle? I am looking at the padded version.

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Your most recent frame/build looks incredible!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Ah, those are the carbon cable kit your friend is making yes?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all!

Yes it's that cable set, unfortunately still not for sale, but I'm using it already a few months and it works great.

Otherwise here just one photo of another project on which we were working for the past few months..it's just a prototype at this moment, still some small details that we will change/improve, on the photo two prototypes without the carbon sole. The sole and heel support is made with carbon fibre, but on that photo it isn't glued yet to the shoe. And of course we are working to make it as light as possible, and for now it looks very promising,...I'll keep you updated!

Of course completely handmade in Slovenia ;)

jooo

by jooo

Very nice!

Where's the drooling smiley when you need it :lol:

tharmor

by tharmor

Progress on the wheels?

BmanX

by BmanX

Jure wishes there was 48 hours a day so he could work for 24, sleep for 12 and ride for 8 and have 4 hours a day to think up new ideas.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

tharmor

by tharmor

The burden of the brilliant.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for the compliments!

Unfortunately it's really like BmanX said, the days are too short and sometimes we also face with delays, and I'm really sorry about that and I feel bad if we need a few more days to finish a product than I expected, so thank you for your patience, belive me that I'm giving my best!
As soon as I'll have more news regarding the wheels I'll keep you updated. It's similar like with the shoe project - I can post more updates once I have more to show, and sometimes it takes some more time that I'm happy with the product etc.,..
We sometimes also have other problems like for example we lost electricity in the workshop because a huge snowstorm recently etc.,... And because we mostly do custom projects it of course can't be made on stock, so your understanding is much appreciated!

We are also slowly moving to our own new workshop, beside the work we also spend quite a lot of time on the work on our new workshop, should move there in a month or two, so it's really very very busy these days. Once we move it should be better. Once again sorry to all those who are waiting for any project, we will give our best to finish it as soon as possible. Also will give my best to keep you updated here also in the future :thumbup:

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Jure made this for my combos. Man is a magician.

Reamens

by Reamens

Berk wrote:@dereksmalls,
don't know exactly at this moment, but most probably around 2-3g

@LouisN
Yes we also already made combos for ISP, here just one example (for a Trek Madone):

New prototype:
In 2015 we will present you a new model of the integrated setapost/saddle combo.

We managed to even reduce the final weight a bit and improve comfort, this prototype is for MTB, with 31.6mm x 400mm seatpost it came in at 126g. Please mention that the combo on the photo is a prototype and it's completely rough. There will be some small changes for the production model, mostly for aesthetics.

Of course this will be the second option, the integrated seatpost/saddle combo that we already make will remain unchanged

madone:

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

That seaport/saddle combo for the Trek is really nice. I wonder if you could customize an Time RXR seatpost cradle? Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=711QSBit_iU
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

coppercook62

by coppercook62

new combo with Garmin carbon mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com