Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Kumppa

by Kumppa

What leather you use on saddle and what kind of warratly you have for it? Still looking perfect saddle and that leather + foam saddle looks good.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi, first of all thanks for the compliments! And sorry for my long silence, recently I'm very busy, basicly all day long at the company working on different projects.

Just want to let you know that we added more options for the carbon look, a lot of request for custom carbon look in UD, twill, plain etc., so we added that option. In some cases it might take a bit longer that it's ready to ship (if it's not in stock it can take around 3-5 work days to finish it).

www.berk-composites.com

Here just two more photos of a special edition saddle, made with innegra/carbon hybrid fabric

Otherwise a lot of interesting things in process and as soon as I have a bit more time I'll keep you updated, at this moment a lot of work and I don't want to face with too big delays, sometimes it might take a bit longer than expected to finish a custom product, but we give our best

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thegunner

by thegunner

the current euro / USD exchange is making this crazy tempting to pick up a saddle from you :)

KCookie

by KCookie

Hi there, please can you tell me why it's cheaper to buy your saddles from another outlet than buying direct from your store, surely it would be cheaper cutting out the middle man. Looking to make a purchase and I can get one delivered to OZ for €240. Cheers.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi, well that are the dealers that are selling it for a different price than agreed, I'll write you a PM

KCookie

by KCookie

Hi Jure, thanks for the PM, sent one back to you.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Any updates Jure? Is there indicative pricing on those bottle cages?

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Very cool stuff! Will check through the site and updated info about the bottle cages.

Thanks!
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
unfortunately no update yet for the bottle cages, still some small changes to do that we will be 100% happy with it.

But I can share a photo with you, it's already a few months old, but I decided that I'll slowly publish what we are working on. In the past few months most of my time was dedicated to the monocoque wheel development. We manage to construct it as a one piece product, so no gluing or any sort of bonding. The wheel comes out of the moulds just as on this photo (of course the edges aren't trimmed yet, it's only one of prototypes):
So it is completely monocoque, also the spokes and hub. And because the monocoque structure the wheel is perfectly straight, as precise as the mould. Right now working on the rear wheel and in the next few weeks I should have some more news for you. We are also testing something new for the brake track,... I'll keep you updated

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Is it a wheel that could be used in a UCI race you think?

Mattias Hellöre
in the industry

by Mattias Hellöre

Me approve, one wheel in a process is a good idea as you can optimise the fibre direction as you want, bonding together separate parts is always a compromise.
Experimental Prototype

plasticol

by plasticol

:thumbup: Best looking wheel that I have seen in long time.!
Congrats!

Gotland

by Gotland

Wow, the wheel look so awsome. Have you made some prototype on rear wheel also?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com