Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

I look forward to seeing what you are up to when you are ready to show us. I have nothing but respect for what you are doing so I can wait.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

markrj

by markrj

I read this entire thread in one sitting. :thumbup:

You are an inspiration.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

gumgardner wrote:C'mon Jure. What are you working on :wink:

..just on some experiments for the monocoque procedure - to make sure if it will work.. ;)

@BmanX & markrj
Thanks! :thumbup:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi!

The headtube of the frame is already designed. It will be tapered 1.125" - 1.25".

I already designed everything except the bottom bracket area. The bottom bracket will be, as mentioned, BB30 (46mm ID and 68mm width)...just can't wait that I start with the work, will keep you updated ;)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Some news - I'm working on some smaller projects, a few combos and some proto-type products (a TT/Tri saddle and MTB bar). Of course still rough and quite a lot of work to do,...I also made a new mould for 27.2mm seatpost that is now 400mm long (you can see the 27.2mm x 400mm seatpost on the right side, the UD tube, of course I still have to cut the tubes..)

I'm also working on the frame project PT4-NANO. It will take me quite a lot of time before I'll be able to send some more photos, because there will be quite a lot of work with the moulds. It depends on my free time, but it will sure be a winter project.

BmanX

by BmanX

Would love to get the TT/Tri saddle for my new build. Is this spoken for already or is this something that you just built?
BIG DADDY B FLOW

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

BmanX wrote:Would love to get the TT/Tri saddle for my new build. Is this spoken for already or is this something that you just built?

The TT/Tri saddle is my first one and is made on request. I just don't know yet if I'll be able to make my own carbon rails or I'll use the one from an original saddle, will see,..the combos are in process and I'll make also a proto-type bar and seatpost for me. Most probably I'll test it during this winter when I start riding my MTB :thumbup:

Here just one photo of the custom TT/Tri saddle in UD. It's wet, just to show you how it should look..

timtri13

by timtri13

and it's my request :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sorry guys 8) 8)

BmanX

by BmanX

Well the good thing is that he now has the mold for this saddle. Once you have ridden it, please let me know how it worked for you. I know saddles are very individual but I was going to buy one of these anyways for my new Tri build but would love to have a lighter version.

Would love to see how the rails work out on this.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

timtri13

by timtri13

BmanX did you already ride on an ISM saddle ??

I ride on it since 4 years now so I will give my opinion between an original one and the Berk's custom one but this opinion will be work only for the other guy who already ride on an original one

king regards

BmanX

by BmanX

Yes I did ride one for a while but I am just building a new build and going to go back to this saddle. I was going to buy a new one very soon until I saw this one.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Cool. You could also experiment with a cut out saddle like the SLR Carbonio flow too. They would look pretty awesome!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

dereksmalls wrote:Cool. You could also experiment with a cut out saddle like the SLR Carbonio flow too. They would look pretty awesome!

Yes, just started with the mould for it two days ago :mrgreen:
I really like the shape of the SLR saddles. I rode with them the past 6 or 7 seasons,.. But I first have to make the carbon rails and it isn't that easy as it seems,..will see, I'll keep you updated. Today I worked on my frame project,...

About the TT/Tri saddle - I'll let you know about the rails, I still have to make some experiments and tests for them.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Today I worked also on some experiments and while preparing the materials I made a quick photo. Here are the 3 beauty layers that I use and the carbon/kevlar hybrid:

Every cyclist should see these materials in real :)

By the way, for my next frame project I'll use UD for the beauty look - the one you can se on the left side.

Mr.Hyde

by Mr.Hyde

Take the hybrid out, you don't need any Kevlar on a bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com