Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi Stoli,
sorry for those problems! Our inbox was really full, so sorry for that, recently we also had some problems with our post, so sorry for all the delays to all those who waited a bit longer than expected! I also wrote to you and if there are any more questions please just let me know.
Otherwise sometimes it may also take a bit longer that I answer, it can happen that it also takes 2 or 3 days, but I'll give my best to answer to all the emails as soon as possible. But sometimes I start the week on Monday with more than 50-60emails and it takes some time to answer all of them, so your understanding is much appreciated :thumbup:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Berk, do you have a video showing the flexibility of your saddles?
A video like this, maybe? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwRWQmg0O08
I'm wondering how they compare to other saddles.

Thank you!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Jure, no worries.
I was concerned that no messages were getting through at all.
Thanks for your email today and the update.

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Longtime admirer, I decided my build wouldn't be a proper WW build without asking Jure for his input.
Knowing a Jure saddle/seatpost combo is not adjustable, I rode the bike for 6 months to find the right measurements.
Typically Berk combos attach the saddle to the seatpost with a solid carbon bar. It's very light but there is no flex in the saddle and saddle flex is something I've grown to appreciate.
This build was for a bike that is light, but can go all day on the road or off-road so I wanted ample saddle flex.
Jure has made very few of these, but I went ahead and asked specifically for the railed version of the combo.
It arrived on a Thursday and I hastily mounted it Friday and went off for a full weekend of riding on rough roads.
The comfort level was just as good and in some conditions better than my bolted railed saddle.
Photos:
http://www.starbike.com/galleries/?id=141 (Rate it)
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=128637&start=135
I can't wait to see what Jure comes up with next -- and that's another reason for the purchase -- to see what's next from small, detail-oriented fabricators who ride along side us. :beerchug:
Thanks Jure! It's an honor to add Slovenia to my Euro-build.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi, thanks, I'm glad to hear that!! :beerchug:

We have new products ready to hit the market, our cycling shoes :)

We will start with production in 1-2 months, we are already taking pre-orders. A size chart will be soon published.

Our aim was to make one of the lightest production shoes. And we made them <150g for size 44 (per shoe)

The second very important thing is of course the comfort and carbon sole stiffness. And one more thing - ventilation:

It took us 9 months to completely develop them, now we are working on the moulds and we will start with to sale them at the end of the year. The price for a pair is 350eur.

And some more products also in development, I'll keep you updated!

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

And it looks like a shoe which is good.

xena
Banned

by xena

Jure , The shoes look great but is there going to be protection= rubber bumpers on the sole at the heel and toe ?
Without it there will be no protection for the carbon sole when you have to unclip and put your foot down in the road.

Jure. have you thought about a Velcro option as well as the laces?
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

fEichert

by fEichert

Can you modify the shoe? Like a narrow heel and less upper material for low volume feet?
Thanks.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi, yes of course there is also rubber on the heel and toe, without any it's also dangerous to walk. On the photo it really wasn't attached yet.
We are working on a shoe with a boa system and also a MTB shoe.

At this moment we will have only one model, we will soon post a size chart and more details about the shoe fit

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

PLEASE say you're doing wide versions.... :)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Great and original looking shoe Jure.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I might have to get a pair. Both shoes are lighter than one of my current shoes.

xena
Banned

by xena

Hey Jure. How stiff would you say your sole is compared to Bont's . Their soles are bonkers stiff almost like having a extra gear.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for the compliments!

The carbon sole is very stiff, for better imagination, there is a similar layup in the carbon sole than on our carbon saddle rails, and you can't really bend them :thumbup: . And there is even more material than on the saddle rails alone, the sole has two grooves where those "saddle rails" are laminated + the rest of the carbon shell. Just to give you an idea.

Unfortunately I have no idea how stiff Bont is, I only had them once in my hand, and the only thing I noticed was that it was an ordinary wet layup just put "on a mould" and not into it. Anyway, hard to compare it because I only used Sidi and Northwave all my life, basicly the shoes we had in our team when I still raced. But the shoe fit is very similar to Northwave, as soon as we finish the size chart I'll post is here. We want to make sure that it will be a really good size chart compared to most other manufacturers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com