Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

Sorry if it has been said already but I havent gone through the whole thread.

Do you actually sell some stuff, I really like the MTB flat bar and the seatpost...

very nice work

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

krzysiekmz wrote:I did ask you way back about those integrated saddle combos with ax saddle shape. What is the weight and size of this one?

I am curious of MTB frame. Will wait for some more progress. Good luck in the meantime.

Chris.

First of all thanks! The AX shape isn't the lightest shape and this combo is 145g (31.6mm x 320mm). If the seatback of the saddle is quite long (from the saddle nose till the centre of the tube) then I have to make some more reinforcements and of course it weights a bit more. Otherwise, if I compare the AX, SLR and Tune saddle shape, the Tune shape is the lightest. And of course 27.2mm seatposts are lighter than 31.6mm.

@devinci
Sometimes I make some products on request, but the MTB bar is still just a proto-type and I still have to test it. Otherwise it's all in process and I hope that some day I'll be able to start with a small company for custom made frames. I love the work on the frames the most, don't really know why.

At this moment I'm working on the monocoque project and already at this point I think that there is more potential in custom made frames, where you can make it like you want,..any geometry, different tube shapes etc.,..that means that I could make a frame with aero or standard tubing etc.,..anything you would like. I just constructed the new method and it would sure be possible! Don't really know if I should continue with the monocoque project :mrgreen: because I constructed the new method just a few days ago and it would be better in some views,...

Otherwise I make some projects that I can invest some money for my future projects. It's quite hard to start with some new projects because my financial status (well, I'm just a student :mrgreen: and everything that I earn is from cycling) but step by step I hope that I'll manage to make also some frames for all those who would like to use my products. But first I would test some frames and the tests are also quite expensive (much more than 1000 EUR..) and I have to save some more money. I'll sure continue with the work and hope that some I'll be able to have a small company. The progress is each year better and better and who knows what will be in a year or two.

By the way, here just some new photos. A few days ago I had a really nice interview for a Slovenian cycling magazine, and here are some photos:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I look forward to the day you start making stuff we can buy! Keep it up

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

dereksmalls wrote:I look forward to the day you start making stuff we can buy! Keep it up

Thanks! I'll sure continue with the carbon work.
Maybe I'll start with a small company even next year, will see, I'm working on it (!).
Otherwise I'm also working on some new projects if I just have some time for it. After a few weeks I finally made a new combo, that will be for a forum member and you can see it here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=95734&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Otherwise I post some more news also on Facebok (Berk Composites) because it takes me less time to update you. In my free time I prefer not to use my computer and I can just upload some news with my mobile phone,..

Anyway, at this moment I'm working on some new moulds for a MTB bar. It's still in process and I still have to test it etc.,..really love this work! I'll keep you updated as soon as I'll have some more interesting news for you. As soon as I'll make a good MTB bar I'll most probably start with a MTB bar/stem combo, will see,.. I really have a lot of work to do, just can't wait for the future, I'll keep you updated and thanks for your attention!

Here just a crappy photo - a cyclist made with letters from my name (Jure). Of course it's just a quick sketch:
Maybe I could use that somewhere as a small handmade signature/detail on a frame etc.,..:noidea:

devinci

by devinci

the signature is awesome IMO

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Yah love the signature

cerro

by cerro

Nice combo. Hard to follow this thread now when my seatpost and saddle seems to have disapperd :( Hope something happens soon so I also can have a seat combo

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

cerro wrote:Nice combo. Hard to follow this thread now when my seatpost and saddle seems to have disapperd :( Hope something happens soon so I also can have a seat combo

You still didn't get it back?!? :? I'll give a call our customs tomorrow, that's insane (for all those who don't know, I get a package and couldn't get it because our customs, and they send it back to the owner,..and it's like what, already 3 or more weeks ago??)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@devinci & gumgardner

Thanks!

EDIT: the problem with the customs was solved - our customs didn't send it back, altought they said to me that they did...after I called them (more then 3 weeks later) they still had it, and send it back then.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi!

Again some news from me.

First of all I hope it's ok if this topic is in the Introduce Yourself / Gallery section, otherwise the moderators can move it to Road or anywhere if it would be better,..no problem for me at all.

Anyway, here already some new photos, from a new combo, for a forum member :wink:

UD, 27.2mm x 380mm, 150g

Really a lot of things happening to me these days..I was also in the Slovenian biggest cycling magazine where they presented my work and it was really nice!
After that quite a lot of people (also from our Slovenian carbon industry) wrote to me and in the future I'll have some meetings with some of them. We have some great companies here in Slovenia like Elan, Akrapovič, PipiStrel, Seaway,..and hopefully some day I'll be a part of a company like that, or maybe even make my own someday.

And today I just get some new moulds for the PT4-NANO project.

It's for the 1 1/8 - 1 1/4 tapered headset. I'll use drop-in bearings and the groove for the headset will be made with carbon fibre

It's for a headset like this:

Of course I'll use a tapered road fork, in my case it will be EDGE/ENVE Composites:
Image Image

Later I'll remove the paint that it will match nice with the frame etc.,.. by the way, I have 2 of those forks, and one is for sale. First I wanted to make two frames, but at this moment it would be better if I sell one fork because my financial status.

This project will also be tube-to-tube, but with a new design and procedure, much improved. Why not monocoque? Well, I really wanted to make it like that, but tube-to-tube is still better for me, because I can make with one set of moulds any geometry and I also have more control during the work if I make it tube-to-tube. And if something goes wrong it's not that bad if it's only one tube, instead of a whole frame. I also constructed a new way of the procedure and really want to realize it, because the product will look like a monocoque frame - with clean lines, but still a custom made frame,..anyway, I'll keep you updated about my progress ;)

periodcorrect

by periodcorrect

BEAUTIFUL work!

Marzz

by Marzz

That is awesome news man - you deserve it after all the dedication and hard work you put in!

:thumbup:
S-Works Venge

euan

by euan

Hardwork is well rewarded :)

BikeArmsRace

by BikeArmsRace

More! More!
Specialized BG Fit Technician
2012 Specialized S Works Venge Project Black Dura Ace 9000 - 14.875 lbs.
2012 Spooky HavocStaff SRAM Red - 15.5 lbs.
2014 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Pro Race Ultegra 6800 - 16 lbs.
2014 Giant Anthem Advanced 1 27.5 - 24.5 lbs.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all!

I would also love to work more on my projects, but unfortunately I just don't have enough time for it...I have to study and I'm all days on my University..
Already almost two weeks without any carbon work till today, I really hope that I'll soon have some more time.
I still have one TT/Tri saddle project in process and 2 more combos, and after that I'll start also with the carbon work for my new frame. Will sure keep you updated about it! Till then, merry christmas to all :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com