I believe Koshevoy got one too.
Go lampre :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

synthesis

by synthesis

Is that a stem/bar combo I spy on the webpage? when will that be available?

coppercook62

by coppercook62

He does them all the time.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
yes it's from a stem/handlebar integration.
Some more photos after a few weeks of silence

Another vacuum pump, it's always great to have more of them:

Some new frames in production:

Also still quite a lot of repairs to do, also for the USA U23 national team

FastforaSlowGuy

by FastforaSlowGuy

Can anyone compare the fit and feel of the Berk cutout saddle with SMP? Sounds like the Berk has a much more flexible shell.

zirinpio97

by zirinpio97

Hi Jure , how make buy your saddle or contact you ( i don't see any mail on Berk site ) ? Your shop is offline.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi, sorry, yes the server really went down a few days ago, the company that provided us that server is working hard to fix that as soon as possible.

Please just write to info(a)berk-composites.com, we can take any order per email, and hopefully the online shop will soon work again, thank you!

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Got my large base BERK saddle last year. Took it for the first ride today - 100 miles and it is perfect. Of course it is the low weight that attracted me but also the shape, similar in some ways to the Selle Italia SLR L3 saddle but with a smaller cutout. The sides of the saddle curve differently as well. The one that was done for me had blue leather padding. It weighs 90g or something like that.

Simply I did not notice my bottom. I noticed my legs, the wind, the hills but not my bottom. That says it all really. I think I will be getting several.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for the compliments!

Sorry for my long silence, very busy these days and unfortunately don't have much free time to spend it on my computer. But anyway, will give my best to post as much updates as possible. Let the photos talk:

An innegra hybrid special edition saddle in matte look:

And finally, our first monocoque frames are in process. This one was made with Sigmatex HT fabric, and it will be presented at JEC Paris next month, at Innegra, SHD and Sigmatex. We cooperate with these companies to get the best materials that we use to produce our parts.

Before clearcoating - some waterslide promotional decals for Innegra, Sigmatex and SHD :thumbup:

Here just a quick photo of a raw M monocoque frame:

The production frames will have a mix of 3K plain and UD look. Only on request we could also make it with different carbon look.

Otherwise we already started with a small production of these frames, we won't be able to build many, but will give our best. We already have the S/52, M/54 and L/56 frame sizes. Later we will add also XS and XL. Will soon post more photos and deatails

kgt

by kgt

Looks great!
Please tell us a bit about your opinion on monocoque vs tube to tube. Advantages, disadvantages, etc.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thank you!
Basicly that are two different products, both can get the performance you want, but of course with a monocoque frame you're limited with the fit/size.

A tube to tube frame project is great for someone who exactly knows what he would like to change on the bikes he rode in the past years. In most cases the custom frames have minor changes - lower/higher headtubes etc., basicly to make the bike really perfect to justify the needs of the customer. In most cases very specific details that can mean a lot.

If you're looking at a tube-to-tube frame there is some extra weight compared to a monocoque frame. On a monocoque frameset basicly the fibers that are used to construct the tube are also a part of the joint alone. And here are some weight savings with the same performance, compared to tube-to-tube. But it depends from what you want, to some riders 50-100g means nothing if the fit isn't perfect. But most of us can ride stock frames and that's also why we decided to offer "monocoque" frames in standard sizes. It's a lightweight frame that is also more affordable because it takes less time to finish one compared to the tube-to-tube process.

Just to give you an idea how the frame is made, the front triangle is made completely as a one piece. Then we bond the rear chainstays, dropouts and seatstays. We made it like that so that we can also make a road disc brake frameset on request. The rear triangle is basicly the same as on our tube-to-tube framesets.

It has PF30 bottom bracket, so you can use almost any crankset with the frameset. F0r 27.2mm seatpost. 1 1/8 - 1 1/4 headtube.

We will soon post all the geometry specifications, weights etc.,..most of the frame structure is made with M40J carbon.

kgt

by kgt

Ok, I see, this is not a 100% monocoque (this is more or less like how my Bond is made).
Actually the production of a real (one piece) monocoque is much more expensive considering you have many moulds but the fact you don't fave any glued parts is a plus in relation to the frame's integrity (in theory at least).

briantumma

by briantumma

This is real interesting to see so thanks for sharing. Do you use full bagging or have you made specific rubber bladder molds?

anquetil

by anquetil

How much money to prepare?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric

by eric

I'm looking forward to the specs and price.