Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for the compliments @Bianchi10!

@Dimitri
I finally made some progress on the saddle rails and hopefully I'll be able to make them in February, I'll for sure let you know

Otherwise here just one quick photo of my bike, 6.16kg as it is:

Could change the ALU bar and stem to save some more weight, also the bottle cages and tires,..but at this moment it is like I want! Ready for 2013 :thumbup:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Stubbe/saddle combo with integrated clamp for Trek Madone:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Gorgeous work as always Berk.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

paradawt

by paradawt

For me, one of the best projects in the forum...

Very nice job.
Berria Belador 7

Helmutti

by Helmutti

paradawt wrote:For me, the best projects in the forum...

Simply awesome job!!!

There I fixed it ;)

Regards Helmutti / Lars
Denmark

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really appreciate that :beerchug:

Here just one new photo, from a repair:

Don't throw it in the trash if you damage a product like this.. :mrgreen:
Unfortunately I couldn't get the same beauty layer (it's one of only a few that I can't get), but anyway, just to show you that it can be useful again, although it was broken.

1spd

by 1spd

Seeing how I am somewhat poor, I think I would cry if I had a Light Weight derailleur break on me. Then again, if I had the money to afford said derailleur, I guess, I'd just go out and buy another one! Great work! Hell, the matching of the weave wouldn't even matter to me if I was able to still use the part!
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

BmanX

by BmanX

You can spend half the amount on a RED RD and tune it just as light as the Lightweight and then spend the other half buying one of Berk's amazing combo's. The weight savings you would have would far outweigh just buying the Lightweight RD. You could save hundreds of grams.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

1spd

by 1spd

Totally agree! You can pick up a used Red for less than new of course as well and still shave grams as well as $$. For the cost of the LW rd, you can pick up a Red rd and crank for that matter!
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

Imaking20

by Imaking20

That ISP combo is outstanding. I wish I was confident enough in my saddle choice and location to commit to such a thing! That combo would look awesome on the Wilier!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks! When I made it I promised to myself if I'll ever have an ISP I'll make a combo for it before I cut the ISP :), it would look very clean IMO. Otherwise the clamp adds only around 6g.

Regarding the previous comments - it's for sure more about some exclusivity to have a derailleur like that, there are for sure also other ways to save those 10-20g. And it's similar also by some other components, so in the end it mostly depends on what you can afford, and what do you like the most ;)

BmanX

by BmanX

Everyone can afford a BERK combo and should get one or two like I will do once I sort out the fit on my builds.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

BmanX, thanks for the compliments :beerchug:

Otherwise I'll maybe start with a new project, something completely new to me - I'm working on a TT disc wheel!
I think there are some details that can be improved, mostly on the weight. So hopefully I'll have some more informations in a week or so, will see if I'll be able to make it. The moulds are already designed, and I'm waiting for some informations about the costs of them..if I'll be able to finance that project I'll go for it :thumbup:. Already designed also a complete wheelset, but at this moment it would be too expensive (the moulds), for a disc wheel it's less complicated..

Also the monocoque frame project is slowly in process, already made quite a lot of work for it. But I won't rush with it and as soon as I have some news I'll keep you updated! Right now I'm very busy, today I had to stay at my University till 20 o'clock etc.,..but hey, I guess that's normal if you're a 20 years old student :mrgreen:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Repaired brake track - before and after:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jgrano

by jgrano

Did you use any kind of special epoxy while working with the brake surface on that rim? It looks super smooth.