Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

xena
Banned

by xena

I have no issue with Jure posting. Its always good to see what Jure and other builders on this site are doing.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

BmanX

by BmanX

If people have issues with Jure posting then they can just not read his posts or his threads. There are lots of other threads available on this site. Jure has been around for years and has contributed to this forum in so many ways. Like everything in life, if you do not like something just keep moving by and find something that you do like.

Jure is pure WW and I love what he as to offer on the site.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

go4custom

by go4custom

His postings are one of the best reasons why I decided to use his saddle for my NAHBS bike and daily use. Their are other full carbon saddles (ax lightness, Tune), but to see his methods, to be able to PM him, to read his input on other topics, and his passion for "out-of-the-box" projects and his willingness to share a little about his methods, make it worth more to me to buy his products over others.
After talking with him about other products for our NAHBS bike, you will likely see more of his products on my bikes as the become available.
And....this is weightweenies! Why complain about someone "advertising" their carbon products and having the ability to talk the actual person make them. Don't see the happening with AX lightness, Tune, Mcfk, Schmolke, etc.

Thank you for all your input and post Jure.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi, sorry for my late answer, thanks for all the kind words!! Always just giving our best, and I will have more news and updates in the future. I also regret that I sometimes just don't have the time to follow this forum a bit more often, like I used to. Seems that I'll have to put my PC in our workshop and post more updates directly during the work :)

But usually I'm at the shop for around 10h per day, then for the rest of the day I go on my bike or spend the evening with my girlfriend, if she has some free time. I'm happy to share more prototypes etc. if you are interested. We made some prototype forks already, etc.,..and also still working on the development of other products, but more important is that we also produce parts, of course in a reasonable time, althought we mainly produce custom parts

rekhyt

by rekhyt

Berk wrote:I'm happy to share more prototypes etc. if you are interested.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Skylark wrote:This thread has been going on since 2010. What's the justification for promoting corporate interests in the forum? This wouldn't be tolerated in any other forum. The forum itself is associated with Starbike Gmbh.

Umm, what kind of trolling post is that and why do you care so much? You're not admin, you only joined in Feb this year. Yes this has been going since 2010 and it's a fantastic read following the progression from single prototype to commercial success of one of our own members. Yes Berk is a commercial producer and his products are available through Starbike (so they wouldn't have an issue) and this thread might not be tolerated on any other forum, but this is the weight weenies forum and the powers that be have said it's cool. If it wasn't this thread would have stopped a looong time ago, so chill honey bunny

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Ignore the troll. It obviously has nothing better to do again.
Using Tapatalk

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

always good stuff on this thread. been following it for years.

jure what race were your bars used in?

congrats.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all for the support!
I love to share my work, now I call it our work because we are a smaller team now, a team on which I'm very proud! I know it might be disturbing for some members to see that we advertise and show our products, but it's my job now to produce carbon parts, but I'm still the same person and work with the same passion. Basicly I'm even more excited that I can do that for my living, previously I experimented only in my free time (beside education and pro cycling). And I just want to continue this topic like in the first post already years ago. It's 6 years now and a lot of things happened during that time. And I just give my best to develop and manufacture bicycle parts. And also other interesting carbon parts. Anyway, I'm already repeating my posts, so rather than explaining anything I'm happy to answer any more questions, or maybe even discuss possible projects.

Here just two random photos, one of laminating a car wheel, and the other is our Berk HLOD saddle model in UD gloss:

Sorry for the poor photo quality, made it with my phone.

Anyway, we will finally put our cycling shoes on our website soon. The development took us a bit longer, we send them to an institute to Germany where they were tested/abused to replicate 5 years of intensive use. It passed all the tests and we finally started with the production. It took us a few months longer than expected, but we want to make it perfect. We will only offer it in black for now:

We developed a new concept where the insole is integrated into the shoe - it's a very light system and any insole can be used with the shoe if you would prefer it. But it was developed with another Slovenian company who mainly produces anatomic shoes and our goal was to make the most comfortable cycling shoe. It's not race oriented, but to be very comfortable, well wentilated (the complete fabric allows a lot of air flow) and of course that they are lightweight, only around 150g per shoe without insole. Our "integrated insole" is a special fabric that can be romoved from the inside, but till now we didn't had yet any test rider who would change anything in the shoe because our goal was to make it really comfortable and we managed to reach that with the right shape and with the help of shoe experts. We will soon present these shoes and I'm already very excited. We will only offer black, because in the past year I also tested white and it gets too dirty after some more use. The special fabric is very hard to clean and with all the small textures it's almost impossible to keep the nice white look. We'll see if we can do something on it, but I'm testing them from May 2015 and we are not happy with the look after some more use. We may offer some other colours in the future, if it will be interesting. Otherwise black is the way to go :thumbup:

@jz4nyc, they were used at Giro, thanks!

sanandreas

by sanandreas

Do you have a pic of the finished car wheel ?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Those shoes!! Wow!

(I hope they fit me haha)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

jooo

by jooo

yes, very high on the 'do want' meter!

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Those shoes look superb!! Very retro in their styling.

phips

by phips

After following this thread for a while I got in touch with Jure via email to talk about a Lupina saddle. It's due to go on a new build - an Argonaut (which I'll post about when it arrives).

A couple of things you should all know - Jure conducts business like an old school personal service, i.e. he's brilliant to deal with. We swapped comments and photos before I ordered the saddle - which arrived promptly as he'd promised. It's rare to find such personal service these days, but then when you couple it up with the product; well, it's a winner. I can only wish Jure and Berk Composites all the success they justly deserve. In the meantime, take a look at these pictures I took of the saddle today (when the sunlight catches it it's nothing short of a piece of art)...

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

mrlobber

by mrlobber

prendrefeu wrote:Those shoes!! Wow!

(I hope they fit me haha)

This.

P.S. How far is that "soon" date? :twisted:
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com