Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Any plans to do any TT work?

lo5707

by lo5707

Berk wrote:Thanks! For the fork - as you all probably know I'm limited with my financial status, so it unfortunately makes more sense to buy a fork instead of develop my own one.

@Berk - Isn't about time that one of your Proto-Types went on ebay then? Say the PT4? Lets see how much an original proto-type Berk can go for? You can post it on here and redirect people to ebay for the ultimate WW auction. That would surely sort out your financial problem and let you know how much people may be willing to pay for one of your frames.........

Just a thought :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

wolfesquire wrote:Any plans to do any TT work?

Yes, but don't know yet when exactly. I already made some of the work for the design, but still have to decide about some more detials. Also for a MTB project. More or less I have a lot of informations how I want to make it on paper, but don't know yet exactly when I'll be able to start with it.
Somehow I decided to stick with road frames because I'm still improving it and I really want to try/make it monocoque. After that project I'll almost for sure start with something new (TT, MTB,..)

@lo5707
Well, if I'm honest, I don't want that, it would be like selling my childrens :mrgreen: :lol:. It's much more worth to me than money, and I'm not in rush with my projects. I belive that I'll be able to start with some more projects in the future, slowly step by step.. :thumbup:

Kasparz

by Kasparz

What about something like UKSI frame?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

The UKSI frame is interesting, but (for my taste) ugly. But in general I really like their idea.
I already put a lot of informations on paper, I don't want to rush with it, but I can already say that it would be different compared to most TT frames that are out on the market.

Here is just one photo of a combo that is just in process:

168g for 300mm seatpost. The twill saddle shell is bonded to a UD seatpost. It's the first combo that I made with that saddle shell.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Finally made the new mould for my own new combo! I already laminated my own saddle shell, here is just the FG prototype that I made to make sure that everything will be perfec..

Hopefully I'll soon manage to make my combo, and as soon as I manage it I'll make some better photos of my bike :thumbup:
Really can't wait to try this new saddle shape, somehow it's a hybrid between SLR and SMP.. By the way, please don't mind the uncut edges of this prototype saddle shell..

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Now I can also make stubby-combos with integrated seatpost clamp!

It's possible to make it for any round integrated seatpost, I just need to know the ID of the tube / the OD of the ISP (outside diameter of the integrated seatpost.

On the photo you can see a rough stubby-combo for Trek Madone, just before clearcoat,..will send some more photos as soon as I finish it!

In process also a combo with an aero profile integrated stubby, I'll have some more news soon..

Elrey

by Elrey

Big up for the new work. Very cool to follow your progres in things.

Reamens

by Reamens

Berk! :oops: :D

BmanX

by BmanX

I am not thinking this would be amazing on my English build. Actually I wonder??????

Jure, I will have to send you a Private Message.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!

The good thing for this kind of combo is that I can make it for any seatpost diameter. I have less problems with it compared to the moulds where the OD has to be precise. For the ID I have my own procedure how to make it.

I'm also working on a combo with an aero shaped stubby, will post some more photos in a few days.

And I also almost, finally, finished my own combo. But it won't be with the new saddle shell with the groove, I just decided to make my ordinary combo because I already made the saddle shell for it, and will then make a new one with the new saddle shell (with the groove) that I can better compare them and give a review if it's more comfortable.

fletch62

by fletch62

Out of interest Jure, whats the width of the saddle with the groove?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

It's 132mm, but I could make it also wider, maybe I'll make it in the future.
I also want to make some ordinary saddle rails, and as soon as I'll have some more time I'll make/design the moulds for it and finally realize also carbon saddle rails

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I'm still fairly new here, but have looked through a couple pages of this thread in past. I just looked through all 71 pages and what can I say that hasn't already been said. You sir have an amazing talent! I am Awe struck in what you have been able to create. Thank you for taking the time to share your work for us to see!! seeing what you built with the saddles was one thing, but seeing your prototype bikes was a "HOLY CRAP" moment. Love your bike set up!

Keep on keep'n on! cant wait to see what you have next for us. :waving:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dimitri

by Dimitri

Berk wrote:
Hopefully I'll soon manage to make my combo, and as soon as I manage it I'll make some better photos of my bike :thumbup:
Really can't wait to try this new saddle shape, somehow it's a hybrid between SLR and SMP.. By the way, please don't mind the uncut edges of this prototype saddle shell..

this is the saddle i need :)

i am riding an SLR Flow now. and previously a prologo scratch plus which probably more comfortable but just too heavy!

AN SLR with a "groove" is a great idea, the SLR flow fits me well but is just not stiff enough and seems to flex in the middle so i end up sitting "in" the saddle and get a little extra peressure at the front.

i would be interested in a saddle with normal rails or maybe a combo for BMC. i can supply a post.