Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!

The frame is glued together. As on photo it's 746g.

Still some more carbon work to do, but anyway, here some photos...hope you like it!

As you can see the seatstays are quite thin :mrgreen: (they're 10mm x 13mm), here just one more photo from the seatstay cut:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

Jure, those stays remind me of my stays on my steel English build. I love your builds and the attention to detail. Did you do a different chainstay this time?

BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks! Yes the chainstays are completely different - more "friendly" also for wider tires. Good eye :thumbup:

On PT4 there isn't really a lot of place for a 25mm tire, you can use it, but it's really close to the chainstays...so this time it won't be a problem to use wider tires/wheels because I made it a bit different, or better said I improved the shape that you can use also 27mm if you would like..
They get also a bit thinner closer to the dropout. But I damaged a bit the mould when I put them out of it, so I'll have to make a new half in case that I'll make another frame, but that's no problem.. :mrgreen:

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Really liking the no-frills aesthetics of the frame!

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

That bottom bracket is amazing! Cant wait to see it finished, looks to be exactly the kind of frame that I want!

Stiff, light and with a race geometry, very good combo.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Beautiful! I'll message you with my address for it to be mailed to :wink:

Kastrup

by Kastrup

Interesting dropouts too :)
Any particular reason for that specific design?
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@wassertreter & shoopdawoop

:beerchug: glad to hear that you like my design of a road frame!
I prefer to keep a simple look, without any "super-curved tubes", and that it looks good when it's in one piece...I'm really glad that I went with a frame for 27.2mm seatpost and with those thin seatstays, in real it really looks great!

@Imaking20
Thanks for the compliment! :thumbup: :mrgreen:

@Kastrup
They're designed to fit the rear derailleur hanger that I use. From all that are on the market I like the most the one that is used on Scott Addict/Cr1 frames. Why? It's no problem to get them here and they are good designed - you don't harm the structure that much with the two holes that are on the specific location...I prefer to use a holder that is easy to get and that works well :thumbup:

I really can't wait to build this bike...but I won't rush anyway, I want to make it perfect :)

I'm also not yet decided about the graphic design..I'm playing with the idea that I would make a matte "fluo pink" :twisted:...maybe? Otherwise I'll most probably keep a simple design...here just one photo from me to show you the colors (it's from last year when I still raced as a pro):

When I'm on my bike I'm with those clothes, somehow "fluo pink",..I'm also working on a design for my own clothes. Most probably I'll make my own clothes for next season...and it would be nice to keep some unique colors,..
Otherwise just an information - Assos clothes are made in Slovenia (15km away from me), and in the same factory I can order my own clothes.. :thumbup:

fsas

by fsas

I´ve been following your work for some time now, and if i had the money i´d already bought one of your seatposts. It´s really interesting to follow your work, due to the inside pictures you post. :thumbup:

Your PT5 frame looks cool so far, can´t wait for the finished one.

About the colour: anything but pink, please. Even with a Berk logo on the clothes you won´t make profit with pink stuff. :wink: I´m pretty sure you can sell more going for a neutral colour, and that means more profit, which means more carbon products, which eventually means more profit, etc. :D

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks! :thumbup:

Hehe I know that quite a lot of people don't like that colour. I don't have a good reason to put an "Enve" on clothes because I don't get anything from them, except the fork that I bought.

I would just go with a simple design, but somehow I'm already a bit bored of those black/white combinations...or white/red etc.,...when we raced we saw each other kilometers away because the striking colour :)...and then for example you couldn't saw who else was in the escape, everything was or red, white, or blue etc.,..and all those riders with red, white etc. were nervous and didn't know what to do...nobody had that fluo pink colour and that made it special for me.

It can be made in any colour..Your opinions are more than welcome!

BmanX

by BmanX

Too bad the black and pink do not go very well with the colors of the national flag being red and blue.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Here is our national flag, for some inspiration... :mrgreen:

If I'm honest I really don't have any idea how should I finish my frame...one is for sure, I want to have it matte, and then maybe similar like PT4 only with a few graphics...we'll see :noidea: will think more about that as soon as I finish the carbon reinforcements..

by 573

fsas wrote:About the colour: anything but pink, please. Even with a Berk logo on the clothes you won´t make profit with pink stuff. :wink: :D

Someone best tell Rapha.

pmr

by pmr

I like the pink. Do it. It's a bright and vibrant colour that stands out in a crowd. Especially so in races, where it's most useful.

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

Now is trend for big logos,and of course one on bottom on down tube like scott.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com