My Stable updated for 2015 currently Ridley/Spec/Yeti/Niner

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

L84AD8

by L84AD8

Very very cool BMC!! love everything you've done to it.
I like it so much, that I placed an order down for a 2013 SLR01 frameset last week.
Will attempt to install Ultegra Di2 6870 following your example!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gotgame

by gotgame

nice shots. gr8 bike
Colnago e1 gazzetta dello sport - sz52s / Pinarello gan RS ulterga di2 - sz52 / Caadx 2019 vulcano green sz54

michaelten

by michaelten

The bmc looks great, black saddle and stem would be 10 out of 10

stuka666

by stuka666

Nice bikes, one more that votes all black :D

Keep photos coming

jdc5r

by jdc5r

So it has being a long while since i have posted here but i have gone through a couple of bike changes and wanted to document it here.

Here are some pictures of the temporary caad10 that i mentioned earlier.

Pretty much parts carried over from the BMC with a di2 grouppo and some temporary contact points.

As much as i loved the AX SRT42, i let them go based on the age old tub/clincher thing.

jdc5r

by jdc5r

So i decided to dabble with some disc brakes right after the BMC.

Purchased a Specialized Crux from a friend with a horrid paint scheme so i sent it to the professionals for a simplification.

and after

and built up it was one of my fave bikes to look at.

toride

by toride

I love the BMC looking very stealthy.

The Crux certainly did need the respray it looks so much better, whats it weighting in at ?

jdc5r

by jdc5r

Weighed in around 8.2kgs when i last weighed it.

Certainly not light but was brisk enough :)

jdc5r

by jdc5r

I really wanted a BMC replacement at the end of the day and i had two main contenders on my list.

Super Six Evo or the SL4 Tarmac

Both are no brainer choices. Cannot go wrong with either but at the end of the day a special on a S-Works SL4 made up my mind. (incidentally i have recently borrowed a super six evo for a couple of rides and have found it to be an excellent ride but the handling is slightly twitchier for whatever reasons).

So i acquired the SL4 and started building it last year. Immediately i wanted to keep my Di2 grouppo. I know that it wasn't the newest any more with the 9000 range but it was still more than good enough for me. I wanted to take advantage of internal cabling on the SL4 so i was hell bent on getting it all internally routed. First problem i ran into is Shimano stopped stocking the internal Di2 cabling kits for the 7900 grouppo. Luckily, this allowed me to arrive at an even better solution.

I managed to find a custom loom sold and modified to include an internal seatpost battery as well! The OEM internal di2 cabling would have meant for the batt to sit under the BB. Internally within the seatpost is a much cleaner solution. Charging can be done via one of the cables outside the frame so you do not need to remove the seatpost everytime it runs out of batt. One of the other advantages are that the batt+custom loom saves significant amount of weight on the standard Di2 setup.

Spec wise, i decided to splurg a little and specced the bike up with the following components.

Enve compact 420mm
Lightweight bar tape
Extralite 110mm OC stem
POP headset cap
Specialized Romin Pro saddle
EEcycleworks brakes
Aican Bungarus cabling
S-Works crankset
Titanium speedplay axles
Aurendel Mandible in Matte
Lightweight Milenstein Clinchers
Michellin Pro 4 25mm tyres

All said and done, the bike was around 6.1kgs which, i thought was fairly respectable given the non WWness of the SL 4 frame.