My new Cervelo S3 - 14.25lbs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

ricorob

by ricorob

61cm Cervelo S3 Frame/Funda Team Fork
Dura Ace 7900
Just released FSA K-Force Light 386 EVO Compact Crank - Very stiff and light (630g w/ rings and BB cups)
Easton EC 90 SL Tubular Wheelset
CNC Ultralight Brakeset (195g complete w/pads)
14.25lbs complete

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

That saddle position looks bizarre, unless your bike is a time-trial only machine where you do not get out of the saddle. Or maybe it is very flat where you are and never really encounter any hills, or at least longish ones.

Which begs the question ... Are you reaching too far? If so, you sort that out by shorter stem/shorter bars, and not by adjusting saddle position.

Nice bike. My friend had one and in a strong crosswind got blown off. And I mean off his bike, and not off the back of a bunch.

by Weenie

wojchiech

by wojchiech

Valbrona wrote:That saddle position looks bizarre

+1

might consider flipping the post around to get an even clamping position on the rails

ricorob

by ricorob

I always felt the need to have my saddle forward because I find myself constantly creeping forward on my saddle. As you can tell I haven't had much of a chance to ride many miles on the new build (because of living at a snowy 9000 feet), but of course a shorter stem may be in order. As to spinning the seatpost, it can't be done because it's aero shaped.

thegreatlakes

by thegreatlakes

Beauty of a bike. I love my R3 but these are so lovely.
+1 for seat, and black tape on the bars would make that thing
super slick! Congratulations on the new bike. Hope you really
smash it out there.

Cheers!

by Cheers!

Very nice!

looks cold there.

davej35

by davej35

Cheers! wrote:Very nice!

looks cold there.

Guess Cervelo heats up the vibe there :D

kangaroo

by kangaroo

Nice ride! Maybe, black bartape und red hüdz?

addicted

by addicted

All cervelos come with a 73 degree seat angle. Maybe the frame just isn't the best fit for him in that regard, and thus needs the saddle further forward. I know I have a more 'normal looking' saddle position on bikes with a 74 degree SA.

by Weenie

HillRPete

by HillRPete

ricorob wrote:I always felt the need to have my saddle forward because I find myself constantly creeping forward on my saddle. As you can tell I haven't had much of a chance to ride many miles on the new build (because of living at a snowy 9000 feet), but of course a shorter stem may be in order. As to spinning the seatpost, it can't be done because it's aero shaped.

I had that problem too, and was pondering to get seatpost without setback, so I could go further forward. Turns out that was totally wrong and I was slipping forward, because I was too far forward in the first place, and my weight was not centered on the saddle.

When I worked through bike fitting tips, including this one from Steve Hogg http://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com/blo ... oad-bikes/ it turned out I had to move my saddle back, which after some getting used to gives me a way more relaxed and powerful position.

Also check the "Sitting like the pros" thread in the Training subforum, lots of good info there.