Gum's Latest Project...Ruegamer...final pics p19

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

yeagermeister

by yeagermeister

SlipperyT wrote:

Now the real deal -- the saddle post combo, is simply wrong. I know someone will surely say everyone has a different butt, etc., but Gum's Time VXRS had a pretty healthy flat saddle position so it's definitely not the butt. The saddle has a -25 degree downward slope, an amount 2-3 times more than what I would consider acceptable. Let alone the sharp tip that could be dangerous in a crash situation. The saddle is just a deal-breaker for me. I am sorry.

There is nothing embarrassing about admitting this was a screw-up job and going back for revisions. Birk is young, talented and smart, so I bet the second one should be just right.

As Berk said your missing the point of this saddle shape. Like a specialized Romin, if this saddle were level tip to tip it would be like sitting in hammock resulting in quite a bit of soft tissue pressure. The "relative" angle of this saddle and it being level in the center is not a mistake at all.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

yeagermeister wrote:
SlipperyT wrote:

Now the real deal -- the saddle post combo, is simply wrong. I know someone will surely say everyone has a different butt, etc., but Gum's Time VXRS had a pretty healthy flat saddle position so it's definitely not the butt. The saddle has a -25 degree downward slope, an amount 2-3 times more than what I would consider acceptable. Let alone the sharp tip that could be dangerous in a crash situation. The saddle is just a deal-breaker for me. I am sorry.

There is nothing embarrassing about admitting this was a screw-up job and going back for revisions. Birk is young, talented and smart, so I bet the second one should be just right.

As Berk said your missing the point of this saddle shape. Like a specialized Romin, if this saddle were level tip to tip it would be like sitting in hammock resulting in quite a bit of soft tissue pressure. The "relative" angle of this saddle and it being level in the center is not a mistake at all.

+1

My Berk has a 0.5 degree drop at the front and it's perfect! It's about the fit and Jure will make you exactly what you ask for...