Gum's Latest Project...Ruegamer...final pics p19

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

yeagermeister

by yeagermeister

SlipperyT wrote:

Now the real deal -- the saddle post combo, is simply wrong. I know someone will surely say everyone has a different butt, etc., but Gum's Time VXRS had a pretty healthy flat saddle position so it's definitely not the butt. The saddle has a -25 degree downward slope, an amount 2-3 times more than what I would consider acceptable. Let alone the sharp tip that could be dangerous in a crash situation. The saddle is just a deal-breaker for me. I am sorry.

There is nothing embarrassing about admitting this was a screw-up job and going back for revisions. Birk is young, talented and smart, so I bet the second one should be just right.

As Berk said your missing the point of this saddle shape. Like a specialized Romin, if this saddle were level tip to tip it would be like sitting in hammock resulting in quite a bit of soft tissue pressure. The "relative" angle of this saddle and it being level in the center is not a mistake at all.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

yeagermeister wrote:
SlipperyT wrote:

Now the real deal -- the saddle post combo, is simply wrong. I know someone will surely say everyone has a different butt, etc., but Gum's Time VXRS had a pretty healthy flat saddle position so it's definitely not the butt. The saddle has a -25 degree downward slope, an amount 2-3 times more than what I would consider acceptable. Let alone the sharp tip that could be dangerous in a crash situation. The saddle is just a deal-breaker for me. I am sorry.

There is nothing embarrassing about admitting this was a screw-up job and going back for revisions. Birk is young, talented and smart, so I bet the second one should be just right.

As Berk said your missing the point of this saddle shape. Like a specialized Romin, if this saddle were level tip to tip it would be like sitting in hammock resulting in quite a bit of soft tissue pressure. The "relative" angle of this saddle and it being level in the center is not a mistake at all.

+1

My Berk has a 0.5 degree drop at the front and it's perfect! It's about the fit and Jure will make you exactly what you ask for...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com