LITESPEED Obed - Rigid / 650b / 1x10 sp

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

facelessfools

by facelessfools

i looked into the tune cranks but was able to find nothing but poor reviews plus the cost factor too drove me off. i read the extralite wasn't very stiff but for lightweight riders it wasn't much so i went that route.

are you going with the raceface cranks for looks? Wouldn't a set of sram xo cranks be lighter and stiffer?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tjk

by tjk

To be really honest about Tune and Extralite, yes they aren´t stiff a Tune is quite expensive because of the Sixpack BB...And I want some change and for now I´m not that much into weight hunting as I was some time ago :-) I want to have original unique bike under 9kg, I don´t need superlightweight - ride once repair twice rocket :-)... There´s no problem for me to built 6kg bike, but I don´t see any reason to do that :-)

And about RF and XX cranks, don´t like carbon that much, wanted 2 chinrings setup and when I found out that TA specialities and FRM makes 40/27 double chainring for that ridiculous 80/120 BCD the RF was the right choice, yes, they´re maybe not as light as XX but waaaay more beatiful for sure! 8)
Not exactly pure Weightweenie.... but still crazy enought to hunt every possible gram (used to be, but still like reasonably light bikes :-))

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

- FORT Columbus Ultrafoco

facelessfools

by facelessfools

after folding a chainring in a race i realized a 33g 42t chainring was way to light. i also snapped a one piece seat/post combo descending after doing a series of drops off railroad ties!

there is a point of to light for rough riding i do agree

tjk

by tjk

Not a weenie stuff... but pure jewell it is! 8)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Not exactly pure Weightweenie.... but still crazy enought to hunt every possible gram (used to be, but still like reasonably light bikes :-))

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

It is, but how about some other than Ti/pewter accents? Some black would look good perhaps?

Say Hi to German champ pictured a page back :o I love these dogs!

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

tjk

by tjk

There will be lot of black :-) and pewter already is on front and rear Chris King Iso :-)

next few parts

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

tjk

by tjk

Still waiting for new cranks.. FRM rings on the way... and finally Hope Race assembled :-) (Gold Stem will be black)

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

facelessfools

by facelessfools

i was considering the hope's but ordered the kcnc.. hope i didn't make the wrong choice!

tjk

by tjk

Race Face Turbine 2011 180mm arms with FRM 40/27 chainrings

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

tjk

by tjk

Finally done... complete bike as pictured 8.91kg (running Notubes with 220g of sealant)

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

kgt

by kgt

One of my favorite hardtails ever.

Cheers!

by Cheers!

very nice!!!

where did you buy the race face turbine crank?

tjk

by tjk

RF are from Chainreactioncycles.com

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

jever98

by jever98

Nice bike tjk. Can you comment on the Kilo fork? I couldn't find any feedback
----
No longer in the industry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tjk

by tjk

jever98 wrote:Nice bike tjk. Can you comment on the Kilo fork? I couldn't find any feedback

Sure :)
I´ll start with stifness, I can compare with Fox F32 and RS Sid 2009 both with standart QR and it seems to be way more stiff than SID a bit stiffer than FOX, about sensitivity it´s completely different level, not quite progressive as FOXand SID (with extra low preasure you can get it easily to hard stop) but the way it handles even small humps is amazing... I´ve never ridden stock XC fork with classic construction that works even close like kilo... well now I get to the lets say "strange" thing :) you have to realize that thanks to paralelogram construction fork dives not up side down, but it all moves "under" the frame ... it feels really strange at first :) but you can easilly get used to it, it does not respond to the pressure on handlebars it responds on terrain humps, but in the moment you sit on bike and fork dive to SAG it´s ok. I have Kilo 1.2 version simple Air shock with one air chaimber, sou you just inflate it on "right" pressure :) (I want it softer, so i use 95 PSI for my 85KG) and than you can only adjust rebound... thats all... it doesn´t have high speed compression but I don´t think it´s necessary on XC forks. Weight with uncut steerer is 1284g. well I couldn´t say if its better than classic constructed Forks (thanks to very high price), but i know one thing.. if you have mony and if you want it.. just buy it! you can only be surprised and pleased haw good it works... and secon most important thing, there´s no way you meet another one so easy 8)

(I have one Kilo 1.2 for sale if you´re interested :-))

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team