New racing alu horse: Velocite Selene UPDATE feb 24th

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

Thanks for your suggestions Louis.

Among these things, I might consider a lighter clamp, the king cages, cassette and chain.

I cant think about NOT having a matching seatpost/stem/bar trio. I could go with ritchey, but that seatpost is brand new :(

Guymk

by Guymk

How is the build coming?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

devinci

by devinci

Its pretty much done, Only the chain remains unmounted. The SRM is on the trainer bike so I wont mount it yet.

I am currently thinking A LOT about a light caad9 build, wich would involve thomson stuff, si cranks and rival or da7900

Guymk

by Guymk

Are you looking at the caad9 in addition to the Selene? If you are looking at the caad9 i would also check out the Soul Faith. BB30, and from what i have read it as on par with the caad9. I guess it depends on what price you can get the caad9 for. Sean from bikesoul.com quoted me $650 shipped to the US for the Soul Faith frame set. Just a thought.

devinci

by devinci

I am looking specificaly at the caad9, I want to build a light bike, as close to 15 lbs as possible, to use for important races and long rides. My selene will sport my SRM, so it will be a training bike and a b-race bike.

devinci

by devinci

Update: finished bike. Aprox 7.9kg. Very heavy considering the SRM. I rode it for the first time this morning. I have yet to ride it more, but I am pleased thus far. Too bad the SRM doesnt fit the groupo...

109er

by 109er

lookin goooooood
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Big Taasty :beerchug:

The DA-SRM fits superb with the bike. A bike that looks really really good without fancy stuffs. :beerchug: :thumbup:

Guymk

by Guymk

Looks good. Let us know how it rides compared to the caad9 once you get some miles on it. What do you think it would weigh without the srm?

devinci

by devinci

Guymk

take 100g off for the BB adapter, 290g for the bb/crankset combo, 120g for the PCV and bar clip, arround 5-10g for the wires.

So, with a proper bb30 crankset such as an hollowgram sisl or a rotor 3d, it would weight 500-520g less

:shock:

Keep in mind it has: a heavy saddle, heavy seatpost (uncut), heavy bars, heavy der and brakes, heavy chain and cassette.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

The electric tape on the DT. *cringe*

Is it for the SRM wires? If so, how about some white tape and running it along the wire, under the DT. Not wrapping it around. I've seen that done with Di2.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

devinci

by devinci

jmilliron wrote:The electric tape on the DT. *cringe*

Is it for the SRM wires? If so, how about some white tape and running it along the wire, under the DT. Not wrapping it around. I've seen that done with Di2.

Yup I know

thats what I used to do with my other frame. I just did not have the time to complete it. I am going to use some hockey pads tape. Its a clear tape.

I was worried about running it all the way along. I did it with my other frame and when I dismounted my cable sensor, I realized all the crap would get stuck under the tape (road abrasive, sand, etc) and I fear it could damage the already fragile wires.

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Hello my friend! I have a DA SRM crank (wired) 175 like yours. Is this weight 832g include both crank arms, and two chainrings?.

devinci

by devinci

yes the weight is for both crank arms, DA 53 rings and FSA 39 ring, plus SRM unit

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Thanks, I was just curious. I have been lazy to strip the SRM off my bike and put in the scale.. LOL but I wanted to know the real weight, I'm glad I found your post....thanks again.