HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:13 am 

Im gonna have to buy one of these soon...one of my favorites...Id probably get a Steel one just to have a variety of metals in the garage.

Anyhow, well done...looks perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:30 am 

Extremely nice!!!!

How much did the frame weigh?

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:30 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:43 am 

Your unique Lightweight Standard Gen-3 "Black Edition Special" Carbon tubulars are awesome.
So much better than the usual stealth wheels with decals removed.
I haven't seen them anywhere else. Anybody else?

My ~9.3kg / ~20.5lb Scale 29 Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:23 am 

Best bike I've seen on this forum by a longshot! Absolutely amazing - wouldn't change a thing :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:13 am 
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

Johnny Rad wrote:
Your unique Lightweight Standard Gen-3 "Black Edition Special" Carbon tubulars are awesome.

I have a set of the clincher version sat here ready to go on my Baum Corretto next month! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 am 

Wow Baum's work is amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:58 pm 

Santoki wrote:
I know this is an old thread but I just keep coming back to it. This is such a beautiful bike - I'm guessing all that paint isn't cheap but when it looks this good who cares massive congratulations. I need to stay away from the Baum website as there is no way I can afford this right now.

Its still as awesome as ever! I did he Challenge ride at the Tour Downunder and I'd say I had 200 comments over 3 days and countless neck snaps when I left it sitting outside cafes, etc. It rides like a dream! The paint is all included in the deal... It costs extra for the custom logo, but the guys are really good to even let me have it...

sirshan wrote:
Im gonna have to buy one of these soon...one of my favorites...Id probably get a Steel one just to have a variety of metals in the garage.

Anyhow, well done...looks perfect.

Thanks! Its as close to perfect as I could have hoped! Keep an eye out for my next installment to our garage... ;) The relentless pursuit of perfection!

djconnel wrote:
Extremely nice!!!!

How much did the frame weigh?

They say all Corretto frames are guaranteed under 1200g... I never checked... it was never a weightweenie thing, I posted it on here for all to admire... the 6.6kg as you see it is about as light as I need (I have 5.7kg bike at my other house that bends and flexes under me...) and Baum wanted to build a bulletproof bike for me to be able to crank out 1700w+ without breaking anything...

Johnny Rad wrote:

I stumbled across them ages ago and thought "thats exactly what I want..." still to this day I am yet to see another set that werent mine (the Gulf Baum wore mine for its excursion to the Worlds I'm pretty sure... :oops: )

Rich-Ti wrote:
I have a set of the clincher version sat here ready to go on my Baum Corretto next month! ;)

I have heard of one other set - in clinchers... they must be yours Rich? I want the clinchers too! For my trip OS... not sure I want to ride tubs on a riding holiday...

I cant wait to see your bike completed... I hear its going to be pretty out there!! I look forward to seeing the saddle...

klingej wrote:
Best bike I've seen on this forum by a longshot! Absolutely amazing - wouldn't change a thing :D

Thanks for the kind words... I cant speak high enough of the work the Baum guys did!

zachary wrote:
Wow Baum's work is amazing.

The way you go about the whole build is so much fun and I cant recommend their work high enough... they don't smooth out their welds and I had an automotive engineer looking at it at the TDU who said "those welds are a work of art, so delicate and precise... this frame builder is amongst the most precise I have ever seen - even more than robots!"

Colnago C50
1975 Richard Sachs track bike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:10 pm 
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

TMK001 wrote:
I stumbled across them ages ago and thought "thats exactly what I want..." still to this day I am yet to see another set that werent mine (the Gulf Baum wore mine for its excursion to the Worlds I'm pretty sure... :oops: )

Rich-Ti wrote:

I have heard of one other set - in clinchers... they must be yours Rich? I want the clinchers too! For my trip OS... not sure I want to ride tubs on a riding holiday...

I cant wait to see your bike completed... I hear its going to be pretty out there!! I look forward to seeing the saddle...

Could well be my clincher black editions you've heard about - they were a special order and arrived a little over a week ago. Sooooo nice! The Veloflex Corsa clincher tyres arrived for them today so I'll fit those tonight I reckon, and of course I had to put the cassette on in preparation! Can't wait for the frame to arrive to get them mounted, but I think I have at least another month to wait. :|

I spoke with Jared about the paint and the saddle for mine last night - have to say I'm getting pretty damn excited too! I have to call Darren this evening (I'm in the UK so my Thursday night is Baum's Friday morning) to finalise the BB format, and then I think it's good to go...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:49 am 

Some new Pictures that were added to the Baum Flickr last week... absolutely awesome still... I love this bike!

"A Model... Idiot!"

A picture only needs to say one word... (well.. twice)

Colnago C50

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 am 

man baum just gets it.

his bikes are so beautiful.

the type of builder to whom i would just say 'do your thing' and then try to stay out of it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:57 pm 

Beautiful bike - I really like the geometry and tube sizes as well as the paint job. Is that the Pearl White paint finish? - it looks almost light grey in the lighting

Johnny Rad wrote:

Yeah - there are quite a few sets doing the rounds in Adelaide where the Australian distributor is based - the black on black scheme was apparently requested for the Australian market initially - now available through a number of LW distributors/shops in Europe that I have come across as a standard option.

'72 Cinelli SC
'86 Giro Pinarello Team Issue
'58 Bianchi Tour De France (in bits)
2011 BMC Pro Machine 5.6kg
the 2014 project

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:06 pm 
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

dadoflam08 wrote:
the black on black scheme was apparently requested for the Australian market initially - now available through a number of LW distributors/shops in Europe that I have come across as a standard option.

Carbon-sports offer it as a cost option on their wheels now - initially it was a special edition for tubulars only, but I requested it for my new clinchers and they were happy to oblige.

It does look amazing - my Corretto is getting ever nearer so seeing them on TKM001's in the Baum studio shots has got me VERY excited! :P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:50 pm 

:thumbup: thanx for sharing BIG :up: DA BAUM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:54 am 

Wow, what a build! :thumbup:

2011 Trek Paragon 29er | Reba XX 120mm Fork | XX Drivetrain | 160mm White/Carbon Exiler CR Brakes | Thomson 90mm Stem & Post | Easton Monkey Lite Bar | X.9 Hubs to DT Swiss X470's | Schwalbe Rocket Rons

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:54 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:42 am 

dadoflam08 wrote:
Beautiful bike - I really like the geometry and tube sizes as well as the paint job. Is that the Pearl White paint finish? - it looks almost light grey in the lighting

It's pearl white... I love it!

dadoflam08 wrote:
Johnny Rad wrote:

Yeah - there are quite a few sets doing the rounds in Adelaide where the Australian distributor is based - the black on black scheme was apparently requested for the Australian market initially - now available through a number of LW distributors/shops in Europe that I have come across as a standard option.

That's not my understanding... I was going to get them off Jedi-Sports first where they came up as limited editions, exclusive to them... but knowing how "exclusive" Lightweight are, I went through Baum and they organised them through Bespoke... They initially weren't sure of them or if they could get them, but they said yes and got them here as first in the country - as used on the Corretto Di2 bike on their site at the Worlds...

When I first ordered them, I kept looking at all the people with blacked out bikes on new Standard 3s, thinking "Surely someone on here would get them and have them on their bike before me!" alas, the Gulf bike was the first time I saw them on here...

I watched The-dude's projects expecting him to have a set, but he has only just got a set...

Colnago C50

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next