Baum Corretto - custom Ti /Paint (new pics 1st post)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TMK001

by TMK001

Professional pictures supplied by Baum:

UPDATE - 22/2/11 - Baum posted these on their Flickr late last week... yeah, it's my bike again! Still pr0n!

The story so far...

This is slightly odd - long winded story...
I was at the Bay Criterium races in Geelong (where the Aussie pro's come to race in the off season) about 5 years ago and a group of kids were selling tickets to win a "BAUM" to help them get to the Junior Track World Champs... they were carrying this "Baum" with the most crazy green and gold paint with so much depth and it just dazzled me in the sunlight!

I joined on here a few years ago and started to read about different bikes. My mate has a really nice Lightspeed that I have always admired and listened to him talking about its ride quality, etc... So naturally I was drawn to threads about Lightspeeds... including the Ti bikes thread... I discovered this Baum brand again when I was reading... and decided to do some research... I jumped on google and punched in their name to get in contact with them... When I got to the contact details, I read the were in Geelong... about 10 minutes from where I grew up!

I got side tracked and got a Colnago C50... but I wanted to get something really bling. I spoke to a good friend of mine in regards to getting a kick ass frame for me to build up as my dream bike... He is a Pro and knows a lot about bikes and is EXTREMELY particular about all of his equipment!!

He suggested I looked at a custom Baum.... soon after, he actually joined the list and had one made as well! I knew it must have been good for a pro to PAY for a bike!!

So, I knew I had to have one! It took me a few years, and I got side tracked buying other bikes in between, when I got the chance to make it back home (as I live in South Australia for work right now... (moving closer to home shortly!) I added myself to the waiting list!

I had my fit in July, during the Tour... it was a good experience, Darren and all the crew are a great wealth of knowledge!

I was told I'm not the usual Baum customer - I'm 27 and wanted a very "Pipo Look" - since my fit, I have been flat stick with work (and put on a few extra kilos (OK - 6kg! I cant shake them!)

The team have been superb to deal with... I chose my paint after a bit of a long winded process... then I saw one exactly the same and decided I wanted something different! I finally I told them to do what ever they wanted as long as it has no purple... in the end I sent them a picture of a car I liked (I'm a car nut) that they used for inspiration!

All I have seen so far is this picture:

(That's my logo from my graphic design business - my name also...)

Specs to follow.

I pick it up Monday! I cant wait...

Cheers,

Todd

P.s - It will match my team kit quite well!

[b]Next installment:

The wait is over...

I guess you'd say "my dream bike!" - a solid racer that is "just right"...

Baum Corretto
Custom geometry Titanium
Hand built in Geelong by Darren Baum Cycles
Hand Painted in Geelong by Jared @ Baum Cycles
Colors - GTA Style - 4 colors... Metallic white, black, blood orange and silver...

Edge 1.0 Fork
Tune Bobo headset
Campagnolo Super Record 11
172.5mm cranks 53/39 front
Super Record 23-11 rear
Ciamello Gravita carbon brakes
Deda Zero100 Servizio Course 120mm stem custom painted - GTA style
Deda Newton Shallow bars 440mm
Deda Super Zero Carbon seat post - de-logoed...
Fizik Microtex - black "buffed" tape
Fizik Arione Carbon Braided saddle
Lightweight Standard 3 "Black Edition Special" Carbon tubulars
Lightweight skewers - carbon/Ti
Continental Competition Black Chili tyres
King Ti cages in custom "brushed" finish

Pedals are Dura-Ace, but I have Speedplay Zero Ti pedals to go with my new shoes when they arrive...

6.6kg with pedals as you see...

It is seriously SMOOTH! I have no complaints...

Enjoy the pictures while I am out enjoying the ride![/b]
Last edited by TMK001 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:51 am, edited 5 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dodge

by dodge

Look forward to seeing the rest of your frame :D

TMK001

by TMK001

Thanks! Ditto... Tinea_Pedis saw it yesterday and said it looks awesome! I hope they put some pics on their Flickr for me!

dodge

by dodge

TMK001 wrote:Thanks! Ditto... Tinea_Pedis saw it yesterday and said it looks awesome! I hope they put some pics on their Flickr for me!

Curious on pricing..Ball park is fine(or pm if you prefer) :lol:
and +1 on pics..i do like the shots they take :D

TMK001

by TMK001

I have a price list from May for the Corretto (top of the line Ti frame)... there are heaps of new options I know they are working on, so you might want to send an email to Handcrafted@baumcycles .com it might be exxy, but when I got on the list in March and knew I had to pay for it by September, I saved... and its been worth it. Like I said I initially started doing just a frame, but its ended up being everything! I couldn't look at their flickr page without changing my mind on color or adding something to the final spec! I've gone all out on a solid race bike I will keep forever...

All I can say is that I have had an awesome experience doing it all... and the crew at Baum have been outstanding to deal with! So much so my dad says he is getting one now too and I want to them to make me a new track bike! (When I can afford it! Haha!)

devinci

by devinci

OMG this looks awesome

haydos

by haydos

I'll make sure some pics are done and go up on flickr mate.

Your's might even make it to our new website :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Current Quiver:
Cervelo Aspero, Dura Ace 12
Time RXR, Record 10sp
Colnago C40 Mapei

In the past:
C59 x 2, EPS, Dogma2, Dogma, Caad 12, SuperSix HM, BMC RM01, Focus Izalco, Scott Foil, Cervelo R3SL, BMC SLC01, S-Works Tarmac, TCR

TMK001

by TMK001

Cool! When do you think pics might be done? Then I can stop eStalking Baum and do some work! Haha!

It's been a constant trip between my email>Friday night lights>Twitter>
Flickr>Facebook>then start again!

haydos

by haydos

They'll go up after you pick up the bike on Monday. 8)

Enjoy the weeknd :thumbup:
Current Quiver:
Cervelo Aspero, Dura Ace 12
Time RXR, Record 10sp
Colnago C40 Mapei

In the past:
C59 x 2, EPS, Dogma2, Dogma, Caad 12, SuperSix HM, BMC RM01, Focus Izalco, Scott Foil, Cervelo R3SL, BMC SLC01, S-Works Tarmac, TCR

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

Man I'd love a Baum. Had a chat with Jeremy I think about a coretto but the costs were prohibitive with the import duty to uk and likely a trip out there too. One day. Beautiful bikes, beautiful paintwork. I love the green one on flickr, that would be the one for me.

Looking forward to seeing what they've come up with for you!

I'll add that the job they did with the martini rally inspired paint would fill me with confidence in giving them creative licence.
Last edited by CrazyErrol on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Leave em off Haydos, just to make Todd squirm :lol:

Seriously though, this one does look stunning. Absolutely stunning!

TMK001

by TMK001

CrazyErrol wrote:Man I'd love a Baum. Had a chat with Jeremy I think about a coretto but the costs were prohibitive with the import duty to uk and likely a trip out there too. One day. Beautiful bikes, beautiful paintwork. I love the green one on flickr, that would be the one for me.

Looking forward to seeing what they've come up with for you!

I'll add that the job they did with the martini rally inspired paint would fill me with confidence in giving them creative licence.

Im so pumped! I have been thinking about this bike on average 2 hours a day for the past 6 months :-p buying bits, working out colors, etc!

I'm a bit of a control freak and to give them creative freedom was difficult... But Jared knows his shiit, I spoke with The team a lot and each time they have been super helpful, and honest and even more patient!

Hibbs

by Hibbs

Nice tease! It's very cool that you've got your own graphic on there!

"I have been thinking about this bike on average 2 hours a day for the past 6 months :-p buying bits, working out colors, etc!" Sounds familiar... :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the final build!

:thumbup:

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

REALLY want to see this!! I'm going over to Oz in December and paying Darren a visit whilst I'm there to get measured up for my Corretto - unlike you though I plan on having purple! :lol:

Come on, show us some more... :unbelievable:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com