Casati M:U2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

darnocula

by darnocula

Hi everybody,

I need help! I just purchased a frame and fork and have no idea about the frameset. It is the CASATI M:U2. The color is blue and pearl white. This is going to be my first build and I'm new to roadbiking. I have no idea about the sizing of bottom bracket, stem, seatpost and headset. Is there anybody riding the same bike? Please if someone knows anything or something about the bike I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
CJ

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Congrats. If the frame is made of Dedacciai U2 aluminium as the name suggest, you have a very light frame. Sadly, the U2 frames are also very flexible. So if you aren't a light rider, you might have problems.

I had a Viner U2 some years ago. Had to deliver it back to the shop as it flexed so badly. Too bad, as I had it made in custom geometry and paint. It was really nice to look at. Unfortunately the technical qualities didn't follow.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

darnocula

by darnocula

Thanks for your reply Mario! As with the flex, like what you said I need to be a light rider. I'm pretty light at 145-150lbs. I read at one point that the frame has a rider weight limit of 165lbs. How does the flex affect the ride or performance of the bike? Sorry to ask, I just started the sports and don't have that much knowledge yet :oops: The thing that attracts me with the frame set is the weight. I'm also not an aggresive rider(yet) :) I like climbing even though its painful! What components do you have on your Viner U2? is it pretty much the same specs as MU2? Thanks again!

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Well, the flexiness can do your rides anything from less enjoyable to downright scary. (It was the latter for me). The problem would be going down from the mountain, as the frame can be hard to control and might even wobble.
I actually had my frame wobble on me going up a little climb :shock: Granted, it was in a race and we were going full speed, but anyway... When the bike shop owner saw the amount I could flex it, sitting on my seat and torque the bars, he offered to take it back right away, even if it was a custom build frame. I then had him sell me a Principia.
I had mine with a Look HSC3 fork, Deda Newton bar/stem, Dura Ace 7700 and Ksyrium wheels.

darnocula

by darnocula

Thanks again!