Parlee Z5 ML

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Musiker

by Musiker

Yeah yeah - As powerfull pete's speak I obey.. Now Its ready to ride - Now I just need some time and good weather. Tomorrow does not look good, but then a few good days - So Im optimistic for getting some kilometers this weekend:
femdgn_kobenhavn.png

Krull

by Krull

cranetechballin wrote:Daddy likey!! :D

don't care what anyone says, Parlees are the sexiest bikes out there. You either have one or wish you could get one. Enjoy bro, nice build list

thats true! great bike !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Musiker

by Musiker

Got my first ride on my new love (yes I already love it) today, had a monster hangover (thats why I had two waterbottles), so only rode 50km in slowmo tempo most of the way.
The fit seems perfect as shown on the picture, but need a couple longer (no hangover) rides, before I can be sure.
Compared directly to my Neo Exile - The Z5 makes the Neo look like a toy bike. Sorry but it does. All parts on the bike (Except the crank) are from the Neo, so I think I can safely put the differences in ride quality to the frame and nothing else. And boy is the Z5 frame different! And in the best possible way..

The Parlee is:
1. Stiffer torsionally. So when shifting weight (tight slalom) it just stays on the line! The Neo wobbled on and was pretty nasty when shifting weight from side to side.
2. Smooooothhh riding. I had to check that I had enough pressure in the tires. It absorbs road buzz like nothing Ive tried before (even with my sore head it felt like a smooth ride)..
3. Sitting in the saddle and hammering through is not so much different from the Neo. It is plenty stiff for me, but the neo was ok for me too..
4. Cant flex BB when sprinting - Nice because I can put the front derailleur close to the crank without it touching when sprinting.
5. No toeoverlap for me (Was not a big issue for me on the Neo, but its nice not to worry about it)

Can you tell that I am a happy rider??!? :D

eigner

by eigner

On your way up Geels bakke today? :) Great bike - lets see more pictures of it. We should let our Parlees meet :) I live right next to Geels Bakke anyway.
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

Musiker

by Musiker

Yep on the top of Geels bakke.. Could be fun with a ride one day :-)
Afraid I'm not much of a photographer - Just snapped these with my phone.

Musiker

by Musiker

Have now done several more rides on my Parlee - Getting this bike, is for me one of the best things I have ever spent money on!
Just returned from another 80km ride and I can't get enough - If it wasent so damned cold and started to get dark - I would have gone further!
It is so smooth, absorbs every bump perfectly. It wants to accelerate and it is a incredible powerful feeling when you put the pedal down (uphill is outright mind numbing). Further more it is so balanced and easy to ride. Cuts sharp turns so predictable and easy.. I have absolutely nothing bad to say. Nothing.. I can't wait until I get the chance to try it in some mountains!

klingej

by klingej

Absolutely love that bike - gorgeous!

A question - where did you buy it in Denmark?

salok

by salok

congratulate to your Parlee Z5, nice rig.I know what you´re talking about smooth riding....riding Parlee is fun... :D :D :D

Musiker

by Musiker

Ordered the frame in sweden. Got a great offer.
cykelcity in Lund have parlee om stock. So i saw the frames there.. Was sold :-)

Sam

by Sam

Cykelcity is also available in Gothenburg in Sweden if you're located in the northern parts of Denmark.

No, I don't work, own or have anything to do with them exept perhaps being their customer once in a while.

CBJ

by CBJ

Amazing frame og stort tillykke - strange there are no dealers in Denmark.

Frisco

by Frisco

very nice looking build Musiker!

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Got to agree with all your comments, got my Z5 four weeks ago, done over 1000km already. My Other bike is a Bottecchia 8avio with DA and Zipp 404's.
Done a few rides on it in between, but the Parlee is definitely much better.
SRAM Red, Edge 1.38 Tubulars, 3T team bars, stem and seatpost, Selle Kit Carbonio saddle and Speedplay Zeros. 6.23 kg, weighs 6.38 with Garmin 705, not bad for an XL bike
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

Musiker

by Musiker

Still loving it. Although snow makes it pretty impossible to get out here in Denmark - And it will most likely not see the roads until March/April :-/ - Wintertraining is booorrrrrriiiiinnnggggg - Sitting on hometrainer is just not the same.

Musiker

by Musiker

Finally got the mud cleaned of and tried to take some better pictures (click for bigger version):

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com