New to WW here is my Time RXR VIP w/ Lightweights

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jwilliams

by jwilliams

MrStevennator wrote:The black bike is nice but the red bike looks really amazing :thumbup:

True, But the BoB is so rare, and it's true beauty can only be seen up close. I think the red RXR covers to much of the carbon and the quality in the make up of the bike is lost under the paint. Also the Red stuck out way to much in group rides. I would like to blend in more and not be the center of bike attention because the red looks fast and expensive. Pista Palace had an RXR striped nude just to see what it looked like. The out come was quite unique.
Wilier Zero.7 SR11 being built
2011 C59 Di2 AX SRT 24's, THM Calvica, Fibula
2010 RXR VIP @ Red RXR Sold
MY RXR VIP-> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fa63

by fa63

Time RXRs are great looking bikes and yours is no exception. As far as the bottle cages go, I like the ones that are on there now. But I am going to put in a vote against the gold KCNC brakes. Take a look at the EE brakes if you want something very light and functional.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

worstshotever

by worstshotever

I agree on the brakes if stopping power and modulation is important to you. My KCNC CB-1s are ok, but not great by any means in either respect. They are better with swisstop yellow on my carbon Reynolds wheels than with the swisstop greens on my Campy Euruses, and are downright scary with the stock pads they came with on either wheel. They're ok for me as I don't do any significant descents, since there are no sustained climbs around here. For what it's worth, I weigh 150 lbs (68 kilos), and have a ~15lb bike.

1centaur

by 1centaur

TRP 970 SL in black are working great for me on a Crumpton. There have been more than a few comments about KCNC stopping power (effort) on WW over time - worth searching.

bigskyTi
in the industry

by bigskyTi

1st - That bike is Hot. Absolutely Beautiful.

2nd - I must be one of the only guys in the world that knows how to set up a ZG brake. i never like them with DA 7800 shifters but have never had issue with them running any other combo.

jwilliams

by jwilliams

Good day all just a heads up I am adding some wheels to my stable and I have on order the new madfiber wheels that are 3 weeks out per Steve for the shimano. And I have a set of the new sub 200g each ax lightness 24 going to build with extralite hubs. I also bought a BH G5 prior to the 2011 color change as I like the original red and black.

So I will have some photos and build reports soon. I also will weigh everything prior to build as I know you all like to know the true weight of the items to compare.
MY RXR VIP-> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leej88

by leej88

One of the best BoB TIME's I've ever seen! Beautifully done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

eigner

by eigner

two RXR's, a BH G5, lightweight, bora ultra two and now madfiber?? Damn.. I need a job like yours!
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

dwn2sk8

by dwn2sk8

eigner wrote:two RXR's, a BH G5, lightweight, bora ultra two and now madfiber?? Damn.. I need a job like yours!

Says the guy who has 3 very nice, expensive bikes in his signature! :)

jwilliams

by jwilliams

I second that !!! I do business with quite a few bike stores, and others in the sport so retail is not a price I have ever paid. I built the RXR Vip under $8000, about $6000 under retail. I just wait around for the shop to call and say " Hey I just got a ____ in and the buyer is not happy with, size, ride ect and I can sell it to you at cost just to move it. I am a sucker for a deal, and the write off.

But thanks for the kind words on the bikes, I hope the madfibers look as good as the lightweights on the VIP, or I may make it my dedicated climbing bike with the AX 24. Who knows.

I will post photos and reviews in the other fourm pages as soon as they come in.

Also I am always looking for new agents if you want to sell insurance :D

dwn2sk8 wrote:
eigner wrote:two RXR's, a BH G5, lightweight, bora ultra two and now madfiber?? Damn.. I need a job like yours!

eigner

by eigner

dwn2sk8 wrote:

I traded the Z4 for the Z3, so I only own 2 of them.
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

jwilliams

by jwilliams

eigner, what do you think of the Gravitas? I can't stand my brakes and I have replace all with DA7900 aside from the VIP. I can not find a solid set I like for the VIP even the AX are to weak to stop all 170 lbs at 35mph on a 10% grade with out major wobble and hand numbing grab.

1centaur

by 1centaur

TRP 970SL? They feel great to me as a long time DA user.

leej88

by leej88

jwilliams wrote:eigner, what do you think of the Gravitas? I can't stand my brakes and I have replace all with DA7900 aside from the VIP. I can not find a solid set I like for the VIP even the AX are to weak to stop all 170 lbs at 35mph on a 10% grade with out major wobble and hand numbing grab.

I'm on the Gravitas on my TIME as well and I would say they do the job of stopping you just fine.

The return springs are a tad soft so they feel mushy and it'll help if you give the levers an extra bit of squeeze if you're looking at stopping on the dime. Definitely no where near the DA's or SR11's brakes but good enough?

I was thinking since I'll be doing mostly flats and the occasional hill climb, I probably won't be hitting my brakes THAT often like I do with my Down Hill bike so these are probably alright...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Agree w/ Leej88 on the Gravitas. If you're looking for brut stopping power at your disposal, then I'd stick with DA's or Record but if you're not keen and can spare having your brakes underperform at the expense of looking flash, then I'd say go for the Gravitas. Just make sure you squeeze a bit harder! I found aligning the Gravitas to be a finicky as the stock DA outers kept forcing one side of the brake into the wheel, hence opted to go *Nokon*.

THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: